We've covered School shootings. Now lets tackle Chicago.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NotMyRealName, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

The gun control people like to make it out like the 2nd amendment people dont care about kids dying. We do. Its just that all you care about is taking away guns. Why not focus more on changing things that we can agree on.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Oh, okay focused on.
    I just reviewed all 16 pages and found I really haven't participated in this thread much.
    I advanced no solutions in this thread to the problem of shootings in Chicago, or shootings anywhere else.
    Most of my posts in this thread, the few that I made, weren't about guns at all.
    I did answer a few questions or make a few remarks about what others posted such as:
    And in response to a question about Kennesaw.
    And I did say that in response to the FBI's response to the Flordia shooter.
    Which is clearly saying that the FBI could have done more to interdict this guy, it doesn't say anything about gun laws.

Now if you want to address other comments I have made in other threads, go to the thread and tell me your concerns and I'll address them.

3. MeAgain

Why not participate in my On reaching a consensus re mass shootings in the U.S. thread?

4. storch

storch banned

If you had done just a little research, you would have known that the FBI has admitted to not following protocol in this case. I'd be interested in hearing your interpretation of that admission. Also, you seem to be oblivious to the fact that Google could have been subpoenaed and forced to release the identity of Cruz. It's not rocket science, you know. But you never considered that because the authority had spoken, and you are predisposed to bow to their explanation no matter how untenable. Cruz' Instagram account that featured images of him flashing firearms was certainly an indication that that was the Nikolas Cruz that also told the world that he aspired to be a professional school shooter.

5. MeAgain

Yeah, I know about the protocol thing.

Yeah, they could have subpoenaed Google I guess, I'm not a lawyer.
    I image they could seek subpoenas for everyone who has ever posted anything like that on the net, it'd keep them busy.

6. machinist

Forget this thread. For the last 15 years you have focused almost exclusively on the gun control aspect

7. machinist

Typical for a leftist. Slippery fish. Never answer for yourself only justify and explain everything away. No responsibility and never get anything done.

8. storch

storch banned

That's your response to being asked how many of the gun-deaths you brought up were done with an AR-15? Pretty pathetic. If you don't want to answer, just politely decline. Also, your response to being asked why your focus is on a weapon instead of the officials who admitted to not following protocol in this case is pathetic as well. The FBI said they couldn't identify Cruz. And just like others whose trust in authority borders on hero worship, you just believe what you're told.

Your childish characterization of the millions of people who own an AR-15 exposes you as a self-proclaimed know-it-all trying to get the most mileage possible out of your anger. I suspect that that's essentially your reaction to being asked how many of all those thousands of gun deaths you brought up were done with an AR-15. It was just a question, Balbus. Now look what you've turned it into. I'm sure some gun owners have read what you wrote about them, and are thinking of you as the dickless wonder. And before you condemn them for thinking such a thing about you, consider that you started it.

Elvin Payamps, 38, was arrested Wednesday after someone overheard him making threats on a cell phone, saying that he wanted to kill an officer before Christmas, authorities said.

The witness heard Payamps make those statements at 1:38 p.m. Cops tracked down Payamps about an hour later, authorities said.

Anti-Cop Suspect Says Dead NY Cops 'Should Have Been White'
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this what you were talking about? Anyway, I don't think that cops are worried about "assault" weapons in their line of work.

9. machinist

And you did it again. I didnt say anything about this one thread. You just change things around so its convenient for you. Its like youre playing smart pants just to make yourself right.

Stop trying to make yourself right and focus on the kids since you care so much about them.

You care more about being right and going after gun owners than you do kids.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  10. storch

storch banned

Yeah, the protocol thing . . .

Yeah, they could have subpoenaed Google . . .

Your third comment appears to be another effort to excuse the FBI's failings in this case.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Elvin Payamps, 38, was arrested Wednesday after someone overheard him making threats on a cell phone, saying that he wanted to kill an officer before Christmas, authorities said.

The witness heard Payamps make those statements at 1:38 p.m. Cops tracked down Payamps about an hour later, authorities said.

Anti-Cop Suspect Says Dead NY Cops 'Should Have Been White'

This is a one-size-fits-all kind of example.

11. machinist

In other words, the correct response from you would be supplying evidence of work and time that you have put into ideas that address the problem but dont involve gun control.

You cant because you havent. Hou have spent the vast vast majority of your time and energy on the gun control.

So then you should say okay Im wrong. Lets work on other solutions that everyone can agree on. But you dont.

Youre just trying to make yourself right.

Id respect you way more if you were honest.

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I'm sorry but this is frustrating... I think it is time to close this thread as we have other threads on the same subject...as well as there seems to be a bit of a problem here going in circles. As if someone is deliberately stirring a pot.

Asmodean, Balbus and scratcho like this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

storch

‘boom…boom….123….123…CAN YOU HEAR ME’

I’ve turned up the amp to 11, because I don’t think you can hear me – prudent gun control is not just about AR15’s – and to repeat - ‘is that how you gun lobbyists think – more people died from accidentally falling off a ladder than were purposely murdered with an AR15…so that proves that we shouldn’t have gun control’?

To repeat again that comes across as incredibly PATHETIC.

I’ve had the gun lobby bring up ladders before along with other things like baths and showers (the car is a perennial favourite) and many other accidental death rates and then have them compared to gun related homicide rates.

To repeat - can you not see just how puerile that comparison is?

LOL I don’t care if gun owners think I’m ‘dickless’ but I would say I’m not the one that seems to feel the need for big powerful penis substitute.

ZenKarma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.