Raising a barefoot child

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Apr 8, 2018.

1. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

oops, sorry! This changes all.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why do I get the feeling Bartolomeo and Giovanni are imaginary friends

3. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

I think letting him run around naked around would turn into something more difficult because then it would be hard to keep clothes on the kid at all.

Letting him go barefoot is a better choice. Kids are always pulling off their shoes and socks when they're that young, so just letting them go barefoot in the first place would hopefully let them realize once they start to get a little older that there is nothing wrong with bare feet. Not only that, but your feet and toes grow with a more natural shape if you are constantly barefoot.

As others have said, if some kids make fun of him for being barefoot, hopefully he will just tell them that he likes being barefoot, end of story. I doubt that would be the case, since they would probably ask if they can take their shoes and socks off too. As stated before, kids simply love getting to go barefoot, and every one of them would have bare feet if they could. When you're young, it's fun to feel all kinds of different surfaces with your bare soles. It's just a part of being a kid to feel grass between your toes and have dirty feet by the end of the day.

Moral of the story? If they wind up being comfortable going barefoot in normal situations and it is allowed, then don't mess with success. They should know that it's not a 'naughty' thing to run around barefoot.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    barefootconservative likes this.
  4. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Because you are a cynic

5. barefootconservative

I think so too. But the letting him run around naked was only an idea. I have seen firsthand with my cousin who was pretty much allowed to runaround ass naked, it's hard to get him to get dressed at all. Letting him go barefoot,that's successful so far

6. barefootconservative

Hehe, no worries. Yeah, me Bart and gio are all turning 19 next month. We's old

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not about your sister though

She/your family may get a lot of flack for her being a teen mom

But I think its better, kid will have an energetic mum when its little, a cool still young mom when a teen, not a crusty old hag

In fact most people (usually old farts) will crap on about 15 being too young, but that would have been the average age of young moms for hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution

I had a yummy mummy if you cant tell.

8. barefootconservative

I'm lucky like cris, because I have a young mom too. My mom was about to turn 16 when she had me. Mom turn d out a wonderful lady, and an even more wonderful mother. Thing is,my sis can't raise him yet. Mom has too many other kids to raise yet another. But I will make sure he knows who his mama is, and that I am his uncle, not his dad. I took no part in conceiving him. And I will also make clear to anyone who thinks I'm his dad that I am his uncle. But jo (his mom) will be in a similar situation to my mom, and cristoforo a similar situation to me. When I'm an old man, my mom will have also recently become an old lady. So when I'm 70, mom will be turning 86 shortly after. Same with jo and cris. When he turns 70, she'll be turning 86 shortly after as well. You're right in having young moms. Bart and gio also had young mothers, so we get that our moms still understand what it's like to be our age, because it ant that long ago they were. Having young moms was difficult at times, but was also wonderful, as they were very supportive,mans we were pretty understanding that the first kid doesn't come with a guidebook, so all their parenting mistakes were on us,because they were Learning.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  9. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

Man, whether the kid wears shoes or not is about to be the least of your problems. Raising a kid is hard; you'll sometimes doubt your ability to cope. You have to worry about nutrition, vaccinations, heath, uncontrollable tantrums for reasons you can't fathom, cognitive development worries (you mentioned that your sister is rebellious -- hopefully you don't have to deal with a kid exposed to drugs or alcohol in utero), lack of sleep, a major adjustment to your own social life and work/study time, etc.

On the other hand, the unconditional love of a cute little human is the greatest experience in the world.

I'm the adoptive parent of 2 boys, now 12 and 7, and I'm not unfamiliar with some of the struggles. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk through the struggles. I won't get into my children's issues on a public forum, but I'm happy to share anything that might help privately.

It's all worth it!

10. barefootconservative

I'll remember that if I ever have any troubles. Of course, I can also ask my mom for help if I need it

11. barefootconservative

Today was our first barefoot weekend with Cris. He loves his uncles now, because he says "Gamma never let me barefeet." He says he loves not being forced to wear shoes. And now that it's warmed up enough, and will continue to be warm enough, he won't have to wear shoes for the whole summer

goodearth likes this.
  12. goodearth

goodearth Member

That’s great!

13. barefootconservative

Isn't it? But it was short lived. It started getting just a little too cold shortly after we first went out

goodearth likes this.
  14. barefootconservative

15. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

barefootconservative you are sick and twisted.

Reinard likes this.
  16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

That's A Bit Nasty..... o_O

Cheers Glen.

17. Song of the South

Song of the South Members

Why? Because his name isn't barefootliberal? And I ask this as a liberal. Just wondering what part of all this is "sick and twisted."

18. goodearth

goodearth Member

Totally uncalled for.

19. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

alright then, why? . . please elaborate

20. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

I don't believe his online personality to be real.
    Also, someone raising a child would be more concerned with much more important matters
    than barefeet. I suspect his motive to be unsavoury.
    If I am wrong I apologize but I won't be using this forum any longer.

Reinard likes this.