PDF editing software.

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Bilby, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I found soda.pdf and it works fine.

2. Harrison Miller

Harrison Miller Members

Thanks for your advice. For a long time I also had problems with editing PDFs, but now everything is ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2021
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I work a shit-ton with PDFs. I think the editing package costs 1 or 2 dollars per month (don't know what the conversion is on that for pounds or anything), but I could be mistaken. Cancel any time?

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm wrong

"Annual Commitment", but there's a trial you can use. If you're just editing once, do the trial. If you're editing for work, I'd go all in with the $12.00 for Windows per mo.

5. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

6. blue_bird85

blue_bird85 Newbie

An excellent question for the post! I constantly have problems with the pdf format. After all, all the documents were preserved in it. And customers send all their docs with applications in pdf because of signatures and seals. I tried to convert it to a WORD, but it's just a picture in doc format. It turns out that all kinds of pdf editing applications are image editors, in which you can write text on top of a picture, like in Photoshop, you know? Although yes, as you said, there are several paid options.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

reading them is, i hope still free. at least what came with my o.s. still is and still works. but WRITING them is what i'm interested in, without the pound of flesh adobe wants for doing that.
    its not something i have occasion to often, but it would be nice to be able to put my illustrations together with my words in a form anyone can read.
    also breaking illustrations out of their pdf encasement, such as for reference in 3d model building.

several mentions above sound interesting. will have to look for and try.

i just opened open office, which is what i use, and it turns out there is an icon there that says export to pdf. didn't realize it was there, i'll have to try playing around with it and see how/if it works.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021