Evolution, to a believer, must be seen as real, but not having a beginning, if God has life.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 17, 2019.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Britain.

2. God must evolve because all life as we know it evolves? That does not follow. There could conceivably be a state of being at which there are no further evolutionary advantages to be had.

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

An interesting place these days. Your politics does not seem to have the quality it once had, but that seems to be a trend these days in many countries. I met some young Brits on my last trip to Shree Lanka and thing your education system is better than many other countries.

Regards
    DL

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

True but it can be ignored as long as it remains unfound.

Regards
    DL

5. BlackBillBlake

This country is in a serious mess these days on many levels, and probably headed for disaster with brexit.

I've seen TV documentaries about the hate preachers in the USA. It's hard to imagine a group of people further away from any kind of true Christianity. I don't think they'd get away with it here. The law wouldn't protect them because they said they were Christians if they were abusing gay people in the street as they were in the doc.

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You are not a huge country and I think your taxpayers were fed up seeing immigrants and refugees living better than your own lower income people. I cannot see it as being racism though as you have been multi-colored for longer than many of your E.U. brethren.

I have noted though that your major cities are divided in sectors od nationalities which just shows how hard integration is. That same quartering by nationality happens in most cities world wide. We like our tribalism.

Regards
    DL

highlander69 and Bulgakov like this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

"Concepts foolish like what you name as foolish?" It seems English is not your first language. Could your rephrase that? Once again, you dodge the issues and try to change the subject. Do you have a god complex? If not, do you really think you are god? And where does that get you in life? Where would it get us?

And what about you? Do you like our tribalism?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    BlackBillBlake likes this.
  8. BlackBillBlake

The issues are complex, and this isn't the place to discuss them.

See this thread if you're interested.

Brexit

GreatestIam likes this.
  9. I don't know about that. What if Einstein had ignored light and gravity? Then we wouldn't have hoverboards.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

God is obviously not "life that we know". Whatever God might be, (S)he would be (as the theologians tell us) so "wholly other" that no temporal, corporeal, three-dimensional, non-omnipotent, non-omniscient being like ourselves could comprehend it in any but the most rudimentary terms.

11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Possibly. Show how you are define god and I will answer.

Tribalism has both good and bad aspects. I like the good and dislike the bad.

What is your position.

Regards
    DL

12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

That is more of ignoring the found and not the unfounded.

I do not think we have hover-boards of the type that that use light or anti-gravity. We do have some that work with magnetism and plain old friction but I have not heard of anything else. Please expand or show what you meant if not what I put.

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You know this as a fact, how?

How can we say anything about any God or supernatural realm when we do not know if such a realm or entity even exists.

Whatever you say of that realm or God is just speculative nonsense. Right?

Regards
    DL

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

We don't have to know everything or even most things about a concept to be able to say how it is understood by humans. For example, you just said "Whatever you say of that realm or God is just speculative nonsense." You began this tread with a series of statements purporting to be logical deductions about God, such as "All life that we know of evolves and if God has life, he must." The concept of God, as humans use the term, involves an entity or force that is not "life that we know of", but rather something quite extraordinary and not bound by the usual laws of nature.The concept of "supernatural' is something beyond our existing paradigms of nature and how it operates. Show me an exception.

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I do not have one as there is no known supernatural realm.

That is the point and why it is stupid to base anything on what has not been shown to exist.

When forced to reiterate something that is not true, it becomes a lie, and religionists are doing a lot of lying.

Regards
    DL

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Do you think M-theory is a lie?

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If (a) Christianity is correct and (b) the many worlds interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is also correct then there must be an infinite number of yourselfs in Heaven and at the same time and infinite number of yourselfs in Hell. Must be kinda awkward meeting another you in Hell.

Me: "Hi me, what are you here for?"
    Me: "Masturbation." :(
    Me: "Yeah, me too."

Okiefreak likes this.
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's assuming it's the same hell. It might be parallel hells.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  19. Desos

Desos Senior Member

This is an interesting question. As far as I can tell yes human life did have a beginning. What are some other names for God? The Creator? Father? So at some point the Creator created us, eternal beings, without end, and with a beginning. He is like a father to us.

It would seem that God had existed before there was any life on earth. Angels also precede human life. But we are all going to exist for the rest of eternity.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter