DeJoy's Claims to Wait Till After the Election is a Sham!

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Jimbee68, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Postmaster general DeJoy claims that he will wait until after the election to slow down the mails: As states threaten lawsuits, postmaster general suspends mail-handling changes until after election Don't believe it. It's a sham! He's still going to do it. But he is going to just deny it or call it something else. Watch him if you don't believe me. And by all means prove me wrong.

I talked about doubletalk and other Orwellian things here: Ever Read George Orwell's '1984'?

I hope I am not the only person who realizes this.

But I could be wrong about this. Do you agree?

:)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    unfocusedanakin and scratcho like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

As soon as it's out of the news cycle, he's going to start again. But it won't be anything that's easily seen this time.

3. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Also I just heard on local news (I live in Detroit, USA) DeJoy is firm he has no intention of undoing the harm he's done already. Sorting machines are disconnected, mail boxes removed, and so forth.

Makes you wonder what other similar tricks he has up his sleeve.

4. Tyrsonswood

Of course he doesn't... I already knew he wouldn't.

I still wonder what demographics were used in determining what was already done...

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  5. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Not only did he remove sorting machines, he dismantled them! Frickin' a-hole. That SOB needs to go to prison.

6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And get his ass whooped!!

7. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Just another example of "the best people" Trump has surrounded himself with. Jail time for the whole damn bunch!

scratcho likes this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Typical republican DIRTY TRICKS!! They're famous for them. If they are allowed to get away with this---there's no hope to keep a democracy.

9. Tyrsonswood

The damage to the postal service and faith in mail in voting, or absentee voting, (which is the same thing) was done within the first two weeks of this guy taking over...

He did his job well... Who was it that hired him, again?

10. lode

lode Banned

I ordered some mint about a month ago. It arrived rotten last week.

11. lode

lode Banned

I complain about politics a lot. But I don’t really give a fuck until I can’t have a mojito.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

For every 1,000 items delivered the average USPS employee makes about 7 mistakes. So your neighbor will get your mail. Almost every American has been one of the seven at some point. This talking point is all the right wing needs.

"Hey remember that time in 2012 when you got your neighbors bills? And it happened again in 2014 didn't it?". Stupid and over grown goverment with it's lazy employees. he didn't even want to do it right".

It's interesting to me because as much as they say they live in reality there is so much evidence for the benefits of USPS. FedEx can not do any better and actuly depdns on USPS for many deliveries but to them a private company will always do better.

The mail is just going to stop prior to the election and only certain votes will count.

The private sector hates the idea of USPS. The fast shipping is too cheap and in genera it's too easy to use the service. This means you are a fool because customers have to use you and they will pay more but because of some silly idea of "rights and freedoms" you don't.

13. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Yeah, DeJoy is definitely up to something. At least President Trump and Vladimir Putin let you know what they are up to. I am not saying even that's always good. But still.

DeJoy says he won't interfere with voting ballots in the U.S. mail. Obvious B.S.

But that leaves open one question. Just what exactly *is* he up to?

:)