What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I had an amaaaazing pizza last week. But we already talked about it last time pizza came up.

Everyone else can eat as much sugar as they like, by the way, I didn't mean to seem judgemental about it. Diabetes is not my main worry.. I read about its effect on collagen and that's why I am careful about it. Careful most of the time...

Occasionally three pieces of cake at once : )

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

What's Croatia like to American eyes?

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

+1000

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

When I was in Europe earlier this year, my friend and I weren't getting back to our room until the middle of the night at first because it was about a 6 hour difference for us. So getting back at 3-4 am was like 9-10 pm in our heads. Seemed completely reasonable for the first 2-3 days.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Think I might go for a walk to the shops, get a couple of steaks and calamari rings. Pretty sure I have veges.

Wizardofodd likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And a bottle of Jim Beam, so it's seems. :)

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

The city is quite pretty and clean. One thing I will note that seems odd is how homogeneous it is... other than tourists, of course.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the fleece are so fleecable, when there are musicians just as good, if not better, you can walk up and buy a cd off of and even they'll be happy to sign it.
    getting close to the price of fur suits, ride on trains, and used cars, just to go to one 'concert'? bah humbug.

of course you concert ticket isn't paying one person, but a whole crew, including back stage crews and the rental on the hall,
    so its spread a lot of ways, but i would imagine this is old news to everyone more so then me.
    even so. sorry just no way.

lots of cheaper ways to rub elbows with great masses of people who share somewhat similar interest to yourself.
    that's what interest group conventions, run by fans of whatever the interest group is about, are for.

and as mentioned, 'memberships' (what you pay to go to one) are typically less then a hundred bux, sometimes a lot less if purchased far enough in advance,
    even the highest tier and bought at the door, well unless you're talking about world con or something like that.
    and for that you get not just one performance, but whole weekends, often including a day or two before and after the weekend,
    of things going on, often multiple at the same time, every hour, from opening to closing. live and dj dances, and unofficial things like room parties,
    and a dead dog event after everything is cleaned up.

yes furrys, sciffies (science fiction), anime, comic cons, and i'm sure there are others, all have damd good musicians, and every other kind of creators, makers and artists.

eff having to have big names, what's with that? so you can brag about being fleeced to go see them? where you probably can't even get a seat where you can see or hear them very well.

ah well, to each their own for sure. even if i wasn't dirt poor, i can think of a billion things i could and would be doing with that kind of money if i had it.
    my own maker cave for one thing. much more gratification to create and explore ourselves then to be passively entertained, no matter how good that might be.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its still dark and cold, and we've got some new snow on the ground, at 3:13 it is here in the a.m. as i write this.
    i may got to tj's when it opens, which i recall isn't before 8. i'll probably take another nap before then,
    and if i do i'm sure it will be open by the time i'm awake again. chicken or tuna salad, and the big thing of 'cat' (shaped) cookies.
    i don't think i'll get much else though, as i've got mostly everything i need in the house, but i am out of cookies or any other desert kind of thing.

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Oh
    I guess these trams aren’t free. Oops.
    Well, guess i stole a ride. Good to win at least one for the home team.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They were expecting that because you are 'Murican

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Typical rude american

bugsboner and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

.You know summer is almost over when you have to get the doona out of the cupboard

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Same here. I just thought its good to mention. But carry on y'all.

Driftrue likes this.
  16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's still a little foggy here and 62F.

Emma is depressed with this weather but I've got a surprise for her. I'm going to get Piper in a little while!

It's going to be a messy situation because everything outdoors is super saturated. Emma stays on the porch in her chair when the ground is wet (or dry for that matter) but Piper doesn't mind the wet and will get pretty messy outdoors.

My son's little dogs, Fernando and Bruno, have done very well while their family was on the mini-vaca. The family is due back home in a couple of hours.

I've got to go to the slum Walmart to pick up pet supplies today. Our usual walmart didn't have any decent pickup times available.

I've also got to package up an Amazon return and take it somewhere for drop-off. It'll be a good boost to our bank account when they issue the credit - $70 funeral clothes hubby didn't use.

I've also got to take a return to Khol's for the same reason but that won't be a cash return; it'll just come off the credit card.

Right now, I'm hungry and must rustle up some grub.

17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Coming down with a cold, I think. :oops: Drinking tea and happy on days like this, to work from home. It's definitely much harder to commute and all that, when you're not feeling well.

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Feel better!

Deidre likes this.
  19. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

cheese pizza from the store

20. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

That gave me a good little laugh! :)

Last month I was watching large groups of people get on the tram and not have time to scan their ticket before we pulled away (but everyone eventually did) and I was thinking that it would be pretty easy for someone to sneak on board and try to not scan a ticket. We were also supposed to scan them when getting off the tram. No idea why. But I probably didn't do that about half the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.