What will you NOT miss in the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by skip, Jul 12, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sure hope they warble in English. Spanish warbling is confusing as all get out.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

might even be less then that. no fun going through the process. the decade or so while everyone is dying.

but to be one of those born only a couple of decades later, that would be so great.
    i mean it would be mostly hunting and gathering and agriculture to survive,

tiny villages where the law is the consensus of the people who live there, all of whom know each other personally.

but there would be all those ruins to explore and make use of whatever you find however you want to,

and if anyone tried to tell you you can't, they'd be just that one person doing so,
    nothing like the power of a whole nation to back them up.

(and even if it was the consensus of a village of less then a hundred total population, they wouldn't likely bother to try and keep you from just moving someplace else)

and the main thing, everything being green again, nature everywhere, and all the resources from living nature that come with it.

and no one to stop you from building how and what you want with it and from it.

no mass produced anything other then what you can find and dig out of the ruins.
    no one maintaining a road you could drive a car on. (and of course no gas stations either)

no infrastructure, unless a bunch of people decided to get together and make something.
    just the village council get together every month or so, more or less, and whatever calendar that village chose to use.

every village being its own way, you get tired of or just don't like one village's way of doing things, you can always just walk to another one,
    or just set up housekeeping far enough away from any of them.

and if someone does give you a bad time, its just between you and them, however you choose to deal with it.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I won't miss those horrible Progressive Insurance commercials, and Flo. They seem cold and calloused, and what's with the "scientific laboratory-like" background they have as an office?

image.png

Bicaptain My Captain and MeAgain like this.
  5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

That's what the inside of the Progressive computer looks like. The great brain that decides how much you should pay for insurance. It also produces those horrible commercials (although some are funny, but not as funny as geico!)

No I won't miss her nor that skinny whimp. Although I think some of her alter-egos are worth spinning off for a TV series! :)

Eric! likes this.
  6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

vacuums, loud stuff, processed food, religion, the media, and raisins

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hopefully, republicans and their type.

8. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

photo-shopped pictures of totally hairless armpits

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

blockbuster video

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

humans.
    don't get me wrong, some are good people.

when again i am born an infant, on some strange world, with little or no inkling of previous lives, i will not miss the illogical frustrations of earth,
    and instead, hungrily pursue knowledge, of those of that world.

even as my previous lives on other worlds, were equally a cipher and a mystery.
    known mostly by being born, not a blank unit waiting to be imprinted, but with inclinations and preferences already in place from it.

this are what define us. that we carry from one life to the next. in the absence of memories, that unless externally stored, do not travel well, without a living host.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Passwords and cars you can't fix yourself with a simple wrench.
    Remember when you could trace wiring under your hood?

If cars are still around I'm hoping they are similar to slot cars. Two wires running from a battery to a motor with a rheostat in between.

And rap. Won't miss that at all.

GLENGLEN, scratcho and skip like this.
  12. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It kind of looks like what I'd expect a communist book store of the Soviet phase to look like. Only not as colorful, but with the same limited selections. It's kind of a stupid image for advertising. Flo reminds me of the Comet lady who was Darla on the Little Rascals as a kid.

I won't miss traffic jams. It's amazing to me how utterly fucked up Atlanta traffic is every day. And that's before factoring in accidents, construction, trains, school buses and geezers going 35 in a 45 zone. I won't miss these fools with the amazingly loud stereos that project subsonic waves through the offending vehicle so that anyone outside of the vehicle can easily hear each and every loose fastener buzzing as it continues to loosen itself, to the beat of the music.

I won't miss money and the assholes who steal so much of it from me.

scratcho, skip and Eric! like this.
  13. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Silicone breast/butt/facial enhancements.

Stay all natural.

Technology will exist where a woman can medically transfer all her undesirable body fat into her natural breast area or any body part she chooses to achieve the perfect natural look she wants, just without having to put anything synthetic/foriegn in her body. Especially needed in breast reconstruction surgeries.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and if she has no undesirable body fat, can she transfer someone else's?

15. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Sure..... we'll have fat banks like sperm banks

16. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

(looks at stomach)
    and.. uh.. how much do we get for donating? cause I could give up a few pounds...

17. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Thigh Fat
    Buttocks Fat
    Belly Fat
    Visceral Fat
    Subcutaneous Fat
    White Fat
    And
    Brown Fat

Will all have a rate to which will be paid.
    Kinda like blood types and plasma

18. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

I've actually got some brown and tan deposits around. most of the rest is subcutaneous, rather than visceral.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

john mccain

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Donald Trump and his dysfunctional white house circus

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.