Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

I should be like Michael Jackson was. Allegedly, he kept a note pad by his bed. That way, he could jot down anything interesting before it was forgotten about. Some of the stuff I've had dreams/nightmares about wouldn't make a damn bit of sense to anybody!

Deidre likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve noticed that as well, in my dreams where nudity is involved, no matter what the circumstances it always feels perfectly normal.

Shouldn’t it feel awkward walking down a busy street in Manhattan holding hands with your naked girlfriend in tow? Not in the dream world.

Deidre likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

ha! I know, it's strange how we see things in dreams. Why my ex boss, though? I was talking with a former coworker recently, and she brought him up. Maybe that's it.

I still blame HF.

4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Hey, that's a good idea.

KL71 likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it depends on what she looks like.

6. KL71

@Deidre: Notepad or no notepad...nothing odd about last night, with the ol' noggin at rest.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

notepads i always have near by on general principals, but dreams fade before i wake up.
    ideas occur to me to write down. too often the same ones.

once in a while something i can use comes through, though usually not directly from dreaming, or the content of one.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

only because the culture would have that be a crime. in dreams, the culture is usually less dominant. often it is also different, but that might be about how diversely we watch or read.
    in dreams i think we influence the world around us more then in life, so we're a little less victim of the expectations of others when we're in them.
    although that 'we' might not be the same or as much.

9. Earlier I dreamed my parents were two dogs, and I was crying to my sister, because we had to get rid of them. I thought they were going to be cold in the snow, but she just looked at me like I was an idiot.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Weird dreams this morning of the variety that are too weird to describe because so much in them wasn't like anything real... But one aspect was recurring spells of intense dizziness. Getting so dizzy that I had to sit down and couldn't really see anything. Was relieved to discover it was a dream.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a couple nights ago i dreamed that i was cleaning my bathtub. then i woke up and took a shower and my tub was still dirty, so it felt like a lot of wasted effort.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

anything could be "real" in a parallel universe. and lots of things not being "real" are only a matter of culture. the only things that couldn't be real in a different culture on a different world in a different solar system but still in our same physical universe, is when if it is contrary to the physical sciences.

there are many of the non-physical things many people believe that i don't share their whole perspective on. many of the things people claim to 'know', because it was written in some book.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish mine had been (sapient, not earth) cats, but its probably just as well i never had a sister. (nor a brother either, though not for the same reasons)

my parents were both aries, but i'm not convinced they were as much like the rest of the flock as they wanted me to think.
    (when i was about 4 or 5, my dad actually tried to kill my mom by locking her out in the snow, fortunately he fell asleep quickly enough and i was able to unlock the door and let her back in)
    (to be fair, when he woke up and realized what he'd done, he never got that drunk again for many years)

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You're right, but even if these dreams make sense to a parallel otherworlder, I couldn't accurately describe the dream in this world. Sometimes it all just changes so quickly and often. I think most of my dreams are within physical possibility though.

I think you said you didn't like the term "lucid dream" somewhere, I was going to comment on that.
    I always knew it to mean "aware that it's a dream" where as in most dreams I don't know it's a dream until I wake up. Not "lucid". So there has to be some kind of term for that.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the thing is, my body is here dreaming, but you know, i don't want to be distracted from the emersiveness by that. my mind, it may be making up what i'm experiencing but it could also be, there could also be some other part of it in some parallel universe, or like the client server thing like with mmos. where the graphics are being generated locally but triggered from the server, if you see what i mean.

Driftrue likes this.
  16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think I do see what you mean

17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I had a dream last night that all I ate was kale. Everywhere I went, kale was the only thing on my plate. I never really viewed kale as creepy until this dream. :oops:

Ged and KL71 like this.
  18. KL71

Da fuq? Really? Please tell me that was written down, D! :D

Deidre likes this.
  19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I'm trying to forget it. :tearsofjoy:
    It was so strange. Like you'd think it seems pretty stupid or boring, but everywhere I went, there were white plates with kale on them, so the kale really stood out. lol I like kale but that was weird.

KL71 likes this.
  20. KL71

KALE CAESAR! (Ducks...)

I've had one where I'm out of state and desperately trying to get that state's lottery tickets for some reason. Whether it was Rhode Island or Washington DC, etc.

Thankfully the nightmares never involved anything sexual! YIKES! :eek:

Deidre likes this.