Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so this meetup was hosted in my neighborhood.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Perhaps. You'd think it'd be Florida or somewhere Mally posts pictures from.

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I had a dream last night that I was a Christian song writer, and quite successful at it.

[​IMG]

Ged and Irminsul like this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think one of the reasons i seldom consciously remember my dreams once awake,
    is that they tend to be quite long, spanning entire days or longer within them,
    and all the many things, great and small,
    that anyone would typically experience over that length of time.
    nor do the ever literally repeat,
    though they may take place in the same parallel world settings or near by to them.

i do have one, that i have been able to remember in its entirety, and as implied its a bit long:

If the doorway ever had a door, it was long gone now. Not even hinges remained of it.

The night breeze scampered in and out unimpeded. Not chill, but like a happy little tune, fluffing my soft insulating fur.

So it was the last thing expected, when remotes came trundling up, from some as yet unexplored recess, further into the mountain the old cabin had been build partway into,
    bearing tea and sandwiches.

I had thought I was the only one there. At least I certainly hadn't seen anyone else on the way, and a rather long way it had been.

So unless the lion-bears had started mind-linking to computers, not that I'd put it past them, some ancient artificial intelligence had somehow bestirred itself to a new and unexpected half life.

The bare heavy planks of the floor on which I stood, did not suddenly loose their fine patina of ancient dust.

Clearly the treads of the approaching mechanicals and the imprints of my own footsteps are the first marks to disturb the sleeping dust for a very long time.

The food was excellent in every way. Not to mention gratifying and appreciated. Only a comfortable, or any for the matter, place to sit, would have improved its enjoyment.

I could, I suppose, have gone back outside, and looked for a nice flat rock to sit on.

That however, had not occurred to me at the time. Nor until a good deal later.

Instead, when they retreated after I had finished, I attempted to fallow them down the ever darkening passage from which they had emerged.

As they were almost completely soundless I soon lost them in the absolute pitch darkness ahead.

Yet when I turned to retrace my steps, the passage behind me had subtly changed. I cannot say with any certainty how or when I at first became aware of this.

It was as dark behind as it had become ahead.

Determined now to return the way I had come, I pressed on undaunted. Until I cam to a tee intersection that I knew I had not encountered on the way in.

--

Both branches were not equal however. Down one was only more darkness. The other was dimly illuminated by what appeared to be glowing circuit diagrams decorating its walls.

Even better, a little way on, there was a nice couch on which to sit.

Unlike the way in, everything here was clean and spotless. Even the mechanical mice. Not mice really, just small machines that occasionally passed while I rested. Each were absolutely immaculate.

Although I would have sworn I did see some actual little furry creatures out of the corner of my eye as well.
    Maybe one of our local 'lion-bear'/'zozzles' projecting their power psionic 'you don't see me' energy field.

Whatever it was, I suppose I could have sat there forever, dreaming stories for machines to enjoy.
    It was a comfortable place, and it seemed like, I wasn't going to have to worry about something to eat.

--

But I had come there out of curiosity, to explore and look around, and no amount of comfort seemed like a sufficiently gratifying reason to entirely stop doing so.

And thus up I get again, continuing down that endless seeming technothemically decorated passage way.

It has been said that all paths in cameroi eventually lead to some kind of tram stop.
    (unless they end at somebody's front door. In which case, turn around and you'll find the station at the other end of them)

Of course in cameroi, paths never have just two ends, but instead form endless mazes,
    so its always possible to walk further then you have to. But there's always nice places to stop and rest along the way as well.

--

True to form, a short branching of the main hallway led to a platform beside a track inside the tunnel.

Branching off that, were many rooms of the sort often built and occupied by railway workers.
    Some appeared to be occupied, while others seemed to have been but were no longer, and thus available to someone like me.

One of these days, I decided there and then, I would indeed claim one, given half the chance.

Not everyone loves to live that close to the tracks, but I do.

--

I figured I must have walked half way though underneath a mountain to get from that miner's shack where I entered to get to this place along a regional line.

You can tell by the gauge of the track I wasn't just a local two footer, which wouldn't have burrowed this far underground anyway.

--

It was two or three days before I heard any traffic on the line though, and then it was only a track crew's gang car.
    They told me the line had been abandoned for many years,
    and now they were rebuilding it and invited me to join in the work if I wanted to, which I did.

--

Which is how I came to be living there and working for them.

---

(and yes i actually dreamed that and yes, this is typical of the kind of dreams i have)
    (and can almost never remember more then the very ending of, if that.
    i was lucky with this one, being able to piece back together the many traces of impressions it left for me to be able to)

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Of what I can remember about last night’s dream, I kept replaying the same song over and over. People around me started leaving the room. :tearsofjoy:

So strange, these dreams!

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Walking around endlessly through old abandoned buildings set to be demolished

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

those are among my favorite, except in my dream world no one ever demolishes anything intentionally. other then perhaps to salvage them for materials.
    rebuilding is much more common, and lots of places are disintegrating gracefully while being rebuilt at the same time.
    pretty much the only time a building is removed or even a tree cut down, is if there's no other practical way to re-rout a public transport infrastructure.

hotwater likes this.
  8. SuperestNova

SuperestNova Members

Most bizarre dream I had. In the dream I was flying through space, not in a ship just me flying. After awhile the image of space started to consolidate into an Image of an eye. It was silent and seemed to look through me. The "cosmic eye" was conscious, at least it appeared to be. After looking at it for a while everything turned white like clouds and I found myself flying in the sky on earth. An airplane came into view. I approached the craft and entered through a window. Things got even more strange at this point. After sitting in the seat for awhile I decided to go to the wash room. When I opened the door the first thing that caught my eye was my reflection, it was not me at all. In reality I am 6'2 200lbs however in the dream i was a short stocky businessman with a terrible receding hair line. It freaked me out to say the least.

9. hotwater

Had this really weird dream over the weekend.

I’m on an active volcanic island with this really hot girl who I don’t recognize, and as the lava approaches we swim out to another island
    through hundreds of dead bodies and body parts floating on the surface.

It was so vivid I’m sure somehow, someway it was real.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've been having some dream craziness the last couple nights. not so much the quality but the quantity; i hardly remember any of the content, but each morning when i woke up it felt like a month had passed since i went to bed since there was so much time spent in dream world.

11. Same. I don't sleep much, but damn it's amazing how much can fit into only a few hours of sleep.
    It feels....long.
    I don't remember everything as well, just bits, and I often wake up exhausted and weird.

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

This is also my "dream."

Deidre likes this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Really?? Hmm....

14. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How nice 2 peas in a pod

15. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I recently had a dream where I was crying and when I woke up I was actually crying. That had never happened to me before

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"ride from paris into palermo, on the brand new mag-lev express"
    i once woke up singing to myself this verse from a song that was popular wherever it was i had been in the dream.
    of course, it turns out to be filk/re-lyric-ing, of that beatles thing on the white album, the john and yoko one i had the name of and now i can't remember since i started typing this.
    that's sort of typical for how the universe i dream in parallels but differs from the one we're awake in.
    (but at the time, when i furst woke up remembering it, i didn't recognize the sorce of the tune, and wasn't until much latter, months or even a year or two, before i finally realized where in had heard the same melody, with albeit, a very different lyric)

17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Had a dream last week about my ex-boss from my last job, showing up at my house naked. And I didn't care. I let him into the house, and my husband was home, and we all sat around talking. And then he left. Why!! My dreams are seriously the worst ever.

KL71 likes this.
  18. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Give us a call at 1-800-AWKWARD! :flushed:

19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I blame HF for my weird dreams.

Tyrsonswood, Irminsul and KL71 like this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I cannot recall a dream this last week. :(