Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Like I said its his overall character and addition to the main story. Anakin beats that every time

2. The Anakin of the prequels didn't live up to my expectations at all. He should have been a golden boy like Luke. Not some conflicted little jerk. His fall from grace should have been tremendously sad. Not just kind of what you would expect.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you kidding, Hayden Christensen’s acting peaked when he starred as the paperboy in the movie ‘In The Mouth of Madness” ..lol....

[​IMG]

4. Asmodean

Yeah, but if he's still an actor he probably has developed a little since Revenge of the Sith right. But I don't know.
    Anyway, the Star wars movies he's in are a lot of fun imo because the general story makes sense/is solid. The lovechild of Solo and Leia... lol. The interactions with Rey. Its just tragic.

5. hotwater

If i was a kid i'd love these action figures

[​IMG]

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats fuckin cool, Im going to buy one as an adult

hotwater likes this.
  7. Asmodean

When will that be? :p

8. Cmdr76

Cmdr76 Members

Super excited!!!!

9. Asmodean

A lot of adults moved on from action figures to gaming. Although i get the intense action in esp. online gaming is for far from everyone, the role playing/adventure games must appeal to adult Star wars fans who still dig action figures.
    There's finally a promising one in the making again!

The lightsaber action after the 3rd minute seems satisfying :)

Cmdr76 likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They just announced Mahershala Ali is playing Blade in the reboot BTW

Nothing to do with Star Wars, just didnt want to start a new thread as you and I probably the only ones here interested in that

11. Asmodean

Blade was fun when i was 16. Last time i took notice of it i thought yeah... didn't age that good. The vampire theme is better for romantic horror/mystery, not action hero movies

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dont remember the sequels at all

13. hotwater

I don’t know about Mahershala Ali playing Blade, when Wesley Snipes played Blade he was 35 and in real good physical shape, Ali is 45 and just doesn’t look like a badass

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yep, one role that actually should have gone to one of the 20 something old rappers

15. Asmodean

Vampires are supposed to look unsuspicious or when not, remain carefully in hiding. So vampires like Blade (ok, half vampire if i recall right... lol) and Selene (Underworld) just look plain nonsensical. Its in service of the action and how cool the main character is supposed to be, not for a proper vampire story.

16. hotwater

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. hotwater

Heard about that

According to Cinelinx, the Doctor Sleep actor has closed his deal with Lucasfilm and will officially return as the legendary Force-wielder in an unspecified Star Wars project,

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Woo hoo!

Apparently Star Wars isnt really doing well with the kids of this generation though

So dont know how well this series or the Mandalorian are going to do.

Plus looks like well have two star trek series as well as two starwars series running at the same time, along with the mountain of superhero tv shows

20. Asmodean

As long as I find its good (not sure at all naturally. Looking at all things Star wars in the last decade :p), I don't care how well it does in general or even gets cancelled prematurely. It's a lot of fun that there's several diff interesting stuff being made. And there's so much that an animated series is just an extra imo. Looking more forward to the game Fallen order in november! In fact I couldn't wait so I got The force unleashed awhile ago. Mediocre (imho) and already aged but its dirt cheap now anyways :p And still good fun for Star wars fans who enjoy such a story driven game

What's the concern here? :-D