recurring dream about a person

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Born25YearsTooLate, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

from the time I was 12 on, I've had recurring dreams about a woman. from the time I was 12 til 18, I drew her obsessively.. I was never satisfied with the drawings because they fell short of how beautiful she truly was. I even took drawing in high school to try and learn to do faces, to get hers right. I always dreamt of sitting beside her on seaside cliffs, talking. Mostly listening to her tell me about herself. Things she wanted, how she wanted to be treated, etc.

I never showed anyone the drawings, nor did I even mention them.. it was my secret, because I didn't want people to think i was crazy.

Well, one addition to the drawings was a set of initials. Recently I met a person similar in temperament (I blogged about her) and she showed me a picture of her face. It was her. I knew every line, every curve. That face has been burned into my memory for almost 3 decades. So I mentioned it, and told her about the initials.

They.
    Matched.
    Exactly.

exact letters, exact order.
    statistically, that's something like 1 in 17,576 just to pick the three letters. to get them in order is even higher. (correction, juggling the numbers with a permutation replacement, it's actually 1 in 17,576, so not any higher than that.)

she's a bit freaked out, and hell, so am I.

I'm used to reality being as weird as it can possibly get away with around me, but this... this is a level of 'fuckin insane' that I am seriously not used to coping with.

any suggestions as to how this is possible?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are mysteries that we can't understand.

I've seen plenty of evidence of them.

One for instance is not knowing what gender baby I was carrying but dreaming of a little girl who was about 3 years old and knowing exactly what she looked like. I gave birth to a girl and when she was 3 years old she looked exactly like the girl I'd dreamed of.

I could go on and on. It happens alot around me.

I couldn't, and wouldn't, dare begin to try to explain. I just appreciate it for how awesome it is.

3. Born25YearsTooLate

Anyone know where I can send a rather strongly worded letter of complaint to reality's statistical probability department?

Running Horse, Meliai and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah... But He seems to be perpetually unavailable.

Born25YearsTooLate likes this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Maybe it’s a premonition? I believe in premonitions.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

7. Born25YearsTooLate

well, no matter the why, or the how, I hope life's good to her.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in some former life, you may have been married.
    (or married to their in yet some third universe, 'double')
    (or even, instead of married, a mother or aunt of yourself on that world in that life)
    that's not a suggestion to pursue a relationship in this one.

and of course the parallel universe thing,
    same person unlikely to equal the same person.

this is just one of those things that happen, that it would probably not be a good idea to expect too much of.

and there are many many other possible explanations of course,
    a relative of a friend you didn't know had, distant cousins or something, very distant like second or third,
    meaning their only common ancestor being that many generations back.

you know, one of those tardis glitch sort of things.
    i mean, yah, its one of those, you get this kind of feeling when something odd lines up like that.
    well this is why, or some part of why, i regard strangeness itself as in its own odd sense, sacred.
    (also why i do believe in parallel universes and that our dreams take place in them)