Pure MDMA Scent

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by LSAndrew, Jan 15, 2014.

1. LSAndrew

LSAndrew Member

I've been wondering about what pure MDMA actually smells like recently after a few things happened with my experience in purchasing MDMA. Everyone says that it's a good sign if MDMA smells similar to black licorice or root beer, and I've had some powder that does. Recently I've been looking for MDMA, and I have a friend who swears by the purity of her dealer, who sells it in rock form. I was skeptical at first, since she doesn't seem completely knowledgeable about drugs, and it increased when I asked her what it smells like. She told me that it doesn't really have an odor, and initially I was wary and told her that it probably isn't MDMA, but then after researching online I read that actual pure MDMA doesn't really have an odor, and the common smell associated with MDMA is actually leftover safrole either from incomplete chemical reactions during synthesis or lack of a proper acetone wash. So anyway, I kept questioning her on the product and she told me she's had amazing rolls off of it and no horrible effects. Can anyone else confirm this or is it just an Internet rumor? I'm receiving 2 grams at 80/gram on Saturday, so I guess I'll find out, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I have a test kit so I guess I'll further examine and test the substance when I get it. Just feeling sort of skeptical because 80 is somewhat of an average price, so if this really was high quality MDMA I'd assume someone would try to sell it for more of a premium price, I guess I just feel like pure MDMA is such an unattainable thing. Let me know what you think, thanks.

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It smells like rainbows

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

80/g is a bit high, not average.

MDMA can smell like licorice but there's three things at work here: what is in the MDMA/how was it made, who is smelling it, how much are they smelling.

If I gave you a gram of the stuff I used to have you might not smell anything. If I let you take a whiff from ounce it came from, you'd smell it. So don't get too caught up about how it smells . . . the testing kit is the definitive answer anyways.

4. LSAndrew

LSAndrew Member

Yeah I know that smell isn't everything, but it's a quick way to get a general opinion on it. 80/g is pretty average for rocks at least where I am, considering a lot of people try to sell 15/point at shows for rocks and 10/point for powder.

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't do cocaine, I just like the smell.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

80 is average in the USA. In Europe and Canada it would be on the expensive side. But harsh drug penalties and a strict DEA watch list mean allot of MDMA we see here is imported so the price goes up. Although of any place California would be one of the ones likely to be local. But consider that in the USA the chemist could do 20 years or more. Such a sentence would not happen elsewhere so you see the incentive to not be here.

If you are seeing it in rock form that is about as pure as you will find it. The only person who could have cut it would be the chemist unless your dealer had some equipment and knowledge they probably do not. The smell is left over from the synthases but is often left on purpose because people think it means quality. Although in large doses some of those left overs can cause cancer. A considerate and careful chemist will remove them sometimes.

It sounds to me like you have a good source. :2thumbsup:

7. LSAndrew

LSAndrew Member

Thanks. Yeah I've had people try to get me to pay 100 multiple times but I refuse to pay 10/point when I'm buying over a gram, that's rave price... Most of people I've dealt with tell me it comes from Canada usually, and sometimes Europe. I'm pretty sure this is made either in Santa Cruz or San Francisco, not only because that's what I've been told, but it would probably be more expensive if imported.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I found this from a site on MDMA in regards to op topic... http://thedea.org/thedrugs.html

I have had MDMA that has not had a very distinct scent which was really quality.

Kind of ambiguous how you stated this but to clarify how I understand it, It's large doses of Sassafras oil that can cause cancer, which very little of is needed to make large quantities of MDMA. ~100's of Grams

9. LSAndrew

LSAndrew Member

So basically pure properly washed MDMA doesn't really have a scent, but it often doesn't come in that form? And if it smells it doesn't really mean much because the amount of carcinogens is insignificant.

10. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

An interesting post on Bluelight from a guy I've talked to and seems to know a thing or two about chemistry addresses some things in this thread:

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

All the leftovers add weight so yeah I think it is common to just leave it. I have gotten stuff from Canada that has been brown and has a smell but also stuff from Amsterdam and that is always clean, no smell and a white rock. Just depends on who made it I guess.

You will not get cancer from one dose but in the long term that small dose over and over who knows. I am not a chemist just going by what I have heard. Everything gives you cancer though.

12. LSAndrew

LSAndrew Member

Yeah basically as far as I'm concerned life is the process of dying so... Yeah. Thanks.

13. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It smells like fuckin candy I love the smell of MDMA.

14. djbeepbeep

djbeepbeep Guest

smells like sperm!