Is Marriage Just Crap ?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by undefeated, Apr 2, 2016.

1. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

We got married and had a not huge but not small wedding. Around 80 people. Neither of us really cared much about getting married, it was more to have a big party and an excuse to have my family come out and visit (they mostly live in another province). If I did it again, I'd do it mostly the same, but I'd have a less formal dress code. Rented tuxedos are uncomfortable, especially in August when it was like 30C+ outside for the photos haha.

We've been married for 7.5 years now and have two kids, so I guess it worked out alright.

Damn, I feel old now.

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Been married Twice so I must like it ! ??

Meliai, McFuddy and eggsprog like this.
  3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I wouldn't know. I've been engaged twice but I guess it's good I didn't go through with it. I think so many people marry without thinking though so I can't be too upset. Better to be engaged twice than to be a 2 time divorcee at 27.

I think people should really be sure before they do it. Don't expect that marriage will fix or change anything. If you're happy as the relationship is, it's a good indication that marriage would work for you.

Driftrue and eggsprog like this.
  4. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Marriage is fast becoming obsolete in American society every census shows us that as a percentile of the population marriage is in slow decline. I personally believe such a union is good for two people if they're properly matched and can function on the same page with each other, note this is often not the case.
    Contributing factors to decline in marriage are,
    1. Social welfare programs which boost payouts to unmarried persons thus incentivizing out of wedlock births
    2. An increasingly self centered population completely focused on their own needs, wants, goals, aspirations etc.
    3. Wage and income disparity resulting from declining value of labor primarily performed by males. If a man cannot earn a decent living he has little hope of attracting a suitable mate in today's world.
    4. The rising number of young adults who grew up in single parent households have never seen nor experienced the benefits of a solid two parent home so can't be expected to aspire to something which is really the stuff of fairy tales in their lives.
    5. Devaluation of traditional values by media elite and educational system
    and really there's plenty more but these are just a few. With all this can anyone be surprised at the outcome?

5. Nighttrain

Nighttrain Members

It's bad for those that do not put any effort into it , they fall in love with the idea of being in love .

Some people say that they really didn't know the person they married , I often wonder why is that ...

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So you think you know your wife?

Here are posts by Nightrain: Search Results | Hip Forums

Your wife sses that list, what would she actually think, how does that affect plans for happily ever after

This is the part where you stare blankly at me, whats that got to do with anything

7. Nighttrain

Nighttrain Members

Your right I'm staring blankly ?

8. Papa1441

Papa1441 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Well I have to tell you that my first 2 Marriage were CRAP, but I'm on my 3rd and it's been 10 years now and it's still GREAT!!!

9. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

I think for the most part it really is !
    The state of relations between men and women have never been more negative in my lifetime and it's getting worse by the day. I rarely ever speak to a woman I don't already know for fear of being accused of something I haven't done.

10. Visexual

Visexual Member

I've come to wonder if the term 'happily married' is an oxymoron.

Sexwise and new Athenian like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

12. lmm00

lmm00 Members

Why did I read this garbage? My eyes rolled so many times that my head hurts.

YouCanTrustMe and Irminsul like this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Its best to just not think about it. :)

lmm00 likes this.
  14. YouCanTrustMe

YouCanTrustMe Average Size Member

I've been married for over thirty years now. True, there are challenges, disagreements, and verbal fights - it's not all a honeymoon. BUT, I have no regrets. I love my wife more than ever, and I know it's the same for her with me. She is my best friend, and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She completes me. No, that's not gushy talk, its the truth. I fell sorry for anyone who can't find that kind of love.

lmm00, Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  15. firerescue110

firerescue110 Visitor

My wife and I are happily married. We show it in our actions. She is perfect for me!
    Marriage is about love period
    I know it's corny in today's time to say that! All that matters is this is how I feel!
    Let me share what marriage is not about!
    My second year as a firefighter. I got called back to military because combat medics were hard to find for these particular spec-op teams.
    About 9 months into my tour I had a bad day. I was flown out to Germany!
    When we arrived at Walter Reede Hospital !
    I was so happy for my wife to hug me and kiss me...
    The guy next to me was burned badly and on a portable ventilater. The curtains shielded him!
    His wife came in and freaked.. told him he was burned and ugly she would never be seen in public with him.
    She took her wedding ring off and dropped it on floor. The entire ward was quiet.
    Damn!
    She asked a nurse where the elevators and the nurse told her; she would show her the stairs!
    He died the next day!
    Very sad!
    I am blessed to have the right lady who knows how to treat me but it's 2 ways. I know how to treat her also!
    Sorry long and boring!

Irminsul likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I wish I was a firefighting special ops guy flying all over the world....maybe that's why i'm divorced ….i'm so envious :)

Irminsul likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Means you didnt love her as much before

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sounds rather unlikely some one with life threatening burns would be moved from wherever, to germany, then to DC

20. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I tell my wife that us being married to each other Makes two complete strangers somewhere in the world happy :tonguewink:

I wouldn't change things though !!