Do you believe in astrology?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Robofish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

he is a cancer like myself so he is into classification of the phylae. The yeasts that he discover are symbolically involved in the fermentation of grapes. He is looking to make fine wine on the one hand and working on ecological researc on the other. He is somewhat younger than myself. He took a nickname for himself at a celebration we called the stoners christmas party. About 20 were tripping on local botanical delights and he anounced himself to the group that he never had a nickname growing up and now he would like to be reffered to as tbone. In symbolic parlance t is the symbol of the cross.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

LOL

'Yo, Tbone... hows the fungus hangin'?'

Symbolically? So is this yeast actually making some alcohol or just symbolically? Maybe it would leaven a nice bread dough...Or maybe make nice gut flora
    I've used lager yeast to make pizza dough, worked fantastically!

3. thedope

actual wine

4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

ok thedope, i have finished watching the terence mckenna talk on the gaian mind and human evolution. according to this particular video where he goes into his stoned ape evolution theory in great detail and how it effects our modern society, he does not agree with you. he does not agree with you because he never mentions anything about astrology. here is the video, i sat throgh the whole hour and it was quite interesting and illuminating, but gained nothing as far as explanation for anything astrological:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51JVbQiuL0

if you think i missed something, please point out the time in the video where he talks about astrology, i dont think he does in that video. if there is another video that supports your views, then point me to that video also.

as far as your esoteric thread, i searched for all instances of the word astrology in that thread and still came up short with any kind of explanation as to how our personality are in any way connected to heavenly bodies or vice versa. again, if i missed something point me to the particular post that explains this.

my conclusion is that astrology is not a science. it can be a seen as a precursor to astronomy, an actual science, or art or entertainment. but has absolutely no merit in the scientific arena. it makes no testable predictions, it makes no testable measurements. nobody seems to be able to explain the connection between personalities and heavenly bodies, its most basic claim.

anyone who claims this is an actual science please show me how we can apply the scientific method as we do with all any other science in existence. if you cannot clearly show the personality-heavenly body connection, and show how astrology is testable in any meaningful way, you must admit to yourself that astrology is not a science.

5. thedope

as I say it denotes the scientific underpinings of our relationship to our solar system. I just got dennis mckenna on the horn he is reviewing the esoteric knowledge thread the astrology connection comes when you consider what he says about the mushroomexperience itself. Which is everyone sees this mandala called the chrysanthemum.

6. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

how? he talks about mushrooms being a catalyst for our mental evolution, he talks about how we all shared profound experiences, but i dont see the connection with our solar system. please explain.

ok lets agree that everyone sees this mandala, im happy to do that. but how does everyone seeing this mandala make any connection with our solar system, or how our personalities connect with it?

it seems like i just keep repeating the same question over and over, please excuse my ignorance and be patient, i just want to make sure that i fully understand you.

7. thedope

i do applogizee for not making it easy for you. Im kind of crippled because im on a mobile device and unfamiliar with its efficient opperation and the signal keeps fading out. Look at the esoteric thread

8. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

its cool dude, great talking to you, as always, but the esoteric thread contains no explanations.

9. thedope

how have you determimed that?

10. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i searched for every instance of the word astrology, and no post can explain how astrology works, only that it works.

1 person likes this.
  11. thedope

I told you how it works or how we came bu the information obviously there is no instrument that we can use to mrasure personality but self examination. A Dmt experience will inform you in 45 seconds I hear

12. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

ive had about 7 dmt experiences. all great, i saw what everyone else saw, i know what they are talking about. ive had many epiphanies and breakthroughs on lsd as well. ive also had experiences with ayahuasca.

but what im looking for is an explanation like for example we know how the moon effects the tides. by its rotation around earth and its gravity pulling on the water which makes it rise and fall.

is there a similar explanation about how personalities are affected by heavenly bodies or vice versa?

i think its kind of strange that nobody can explain how astrology works. take any other real science like the genetics for example, we can explain how traits are passed down through genes, and how mutations happen, all that stuff. but nobody can explain how astrology works.

13. thedope

astrology maps energy nexuses that relate to the vedic idea of the human energy system as the chakras are analoge of planetary organization. There are seven planets in play right now. We are moving into a type of awareness called the interpersonal point it is above our physical frame in terms of energy locus and is represented ultimately by the planet neptune. Consider thT the universe appears to us in terms of spectrum. That is light divides thriugh a trangular prism in a sevev
    N hued rainbow. Our calender is based on seven day weekly periods. Our musical scale is predicated on seven tones with a transcentrans,endant eighth to begin the next higher octive.

14. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

^ ah u finally get me lol! i guess i should have asked how you think it works, because im sure many people have different opinions on that.

that sounds interesting, theres a lot of stuff i have no clue about there:
    1) how the chakras are connected to the planetary organization, or even if chakras exist.
    2) how planets come into "play"? why are there only 7 right now?
    3) types of awareness? how do we move into them? what is the interpersonal point? what is our physical frame?
    4) energy locus? why is it represented by neptune?
    5) how the universe, the rainbow, the calendar, and the musical scale are connected? that concept sounds pretty far out dude (in a groovy hippie voice)

^well im sure thats way too much stuff for you to waste your time on, but if you ever get a round it that'd be cool.

2 people like this.
  15. thedope

Those are exellent questions. Thank you for your interest. Ihope I can do them the honor they deserve being of genuine interest. Ill take your last question first. In our phenomenal world the apearance of energy comes in the form of intensity. That is matter is distributed in clumps. A rock is more intense or denser than a piece of wood and a gas planet has a crushing gravity and the sun is so intense that it radiates. There are even greater densities than these. So her we have the prismatic expression of a single essential building block which is matter. The smallest elemental bit exactly mirrors the processes of the largest forces and the largest forces exactly explain the smallest. An example would be a grain of sand and the sun.

16. thedope

So the chakras are energy nexuses in the body. A kind of density of nerve/abstract functions. A chakra exists for example in the solar plexis, in the heart and stomach or digestive area. Also in the throat/thyroid area which is functional in verbal expression as well physical metabolism. There is one in the sexually responsive area,one in the area of the pineal gland and one at the crown of your head.finally thereis one in the heart area. These seven appear in acse nding order. First by order of consciuos communication of the living thing which is sexual reproduction and on up to the transcendental awaren represent our animaless that allows us to alter our environment. So the chakras represent stages of creature development over the entire animal family known as chkordata.

17. thedope

imoved this discourse to the esoteric thread to save time

18. Imperator

Imperator Members

I personally believe in astrology and that's because it it seemingly the most rational thing to do. Several studies have supported it's existence whereas to my knowledge 2 have not, and those 2 have both been proven to have flawed and biased methods of testing

19. Imperator

Imperator Members

I certainly believe in astrology. It has proved very accurate and consequently very helpful in my life.

20. madhuvathani

madhuvathani Members

[SIZE=9pt]Really astrology is a wonderful prediction to get solutions for all life related problems. Initially, I have no interested in astrology. One day, I just try for fun and got predictions from the famous Indian astrologer. The information prescribed was most related to my problems as well. That was amazing and surprising to me.[/SIZE]