Barefoot Outside (Uk)

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by MrGalactica, Feb 7, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ a part of me wants to find some nettle and try it now. but the bigger part of me is still saying "no, not worth the risk!"

2. goodearth

goodearth Member

Did you guys know that the whole nettle plant is edible? A good substitute for greens in the diet. Just don’t eat it raw.

SoftSoles likes this.
  3. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Enjoyable barefoot hike up a mountain through a woodland this week, not too cold either!

SoftSoles, goodearth and RT19 like this.
  4. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Glad to hear that you enjoyed both a barefoot hike and tread through the woods in the midst of winter. Only six weeks remain until the return of BST, greatly increasing opportunities to spend April-October largely bare foot once again.

5. charlie35

charlie35 Member

My feet during a walk through my (very muddy) country park today. SAM_1239.JPG

goodearth, All-Organic and GLENGLEN like this.
  6. goodearth

goodearth Member

That had to feel absolutely delicious.

7. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

Sad to say the mother country seems to be more enlightened still than here in most parts of the U.S. Maybe Bernard Shaw was right 130 years ago when he called us a back eddy of civilization. Sorry, civilisation. :innocent:

8. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Brisk walk through the winter wonderland this morning SAM_1262.JPG

SoftSoles and GLENGLEN like this.
  9. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

You're a braver man than I. Stood on the back yard for about 10 seconds and that was enough.

10. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Same here, nice walk through the thick snow to the shops and back, and a few days later on the ice again later in the week. Always de-ice the car barefoot too.

charlie35 and GLENGLEN like this.
  11. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Snow now gone but hey, summers coming..... :)

SoftSoles likes this.
  12. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Indeed it is. I've long considered the return of BST to be the true beginning of bare footing season in the UK...not much longer to wait

13. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

Haha yes, I did a very brief grounding exercise on the days we had snow. Give me rain, mud etc but I just don't do well with the snow!

14. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

As my profile picture demonstrates, I regularly took advantage to enjoy a little grounding whenever snow was experienced. Rather oddly, the deeper the snow, the less bracing it actually felt upon the feet.

15. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

First really good barefoot walk of the year today - about 2 miles. Felt great to be out in the spring sunshine feeling the ground beneath my soles.

Lots of barefooting to do in the coming months.:smiley:

Tech Mo, goodearth and edde like this.
  16. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Lovely weather allowed me to go out shopping fully without any footwear. Barefoot driving to the shops at Tesco and Aldi.

Joe45432 likes this.
  17. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

I love being barefoot outside, Yesterday i took a book to the park and took my shoes and socks off and Lay in the grass to read. I was there hours and there were a few other people barefoot two Groups of friends, and some kids and parents

18. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Been barefoot since finishing work on Friday and staying that way til I go back on Monday. 9 days without shoes - awesome.

Done too many things to mention them all, but highlights have included going to the coast, a country park, 2 pubs, many shops, a friends barbecue, the barbers, lots of walking etc.

I care less and less these days what people think about me being barefoot, lifes too short and all that. I'm going to the opticians tomorrow for my yearly contact lens check up - and for the first time I'm going barefoot.

RT19 likes this.
  19. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

First post on here but I’m another UK barefooter, in the East Mids and been summer barefooting for a few years, doing more all the time.

Just been down to the Chilterns and spent it entirely barefoot, can’t say how amazing the woodlands felt down there - the ground was soft and a bit muddy, I’d describe it as like walking on springy plasticine, gorgeous. Got a lot of odd looks and heard plenty of snide comments but a few women stopped to ask. The first was walking with a group and said “that looks fun, how long have you been going barefoot?”, she was very interested, said she would try it and signed off saying I was “inspirational” - made my day! The next wasn’t that interesting but a group of three girls, attractive, mid twenties, stopped in a popular wood - “bare feet, wow” I said it felt great and go barefoot everywhere (it’s only on this trip I’ve decided to be more open about it) they understood why and thought it was great getting back to nature but sadly couldn’t inspire them to try it. They asked me to take a picture of them against a backdrop of bluebell woods which they loved (I forgot to tell them I’m a professional photographer).

Unfortunately I find positive reactions rare these days, last month I went to Norfolk and while the receptionist at the hotel seemed to like me (she gave me a tour or her favourite bits of the hotel, inside and out and kept touching me, also putting the toes of her shoes against my toes), it was the first trip I wondered whether it was worth it anymore. The amount of nasty comments, e.g. “he’s not wearing shoes, standards are dropping round here”, first management confrontations in shops and weird looks/headshakes/tuts bothered me. Even a few years ago I used to see barefooters outside beaches or parks but it’s definitely getting rarer. Anyway I’m rambling, the sensations we feel and the rare positive comments make it all worthwhile...

edde, mattygroves and RT19 like this.
  20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hi Scir......Please Allow Me To Welcome You To "Hip Forums"......Enjoy......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Scirocco09 likes this.