And so the Iraq War ends

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by newo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Don't forget all those weapons of mass destruction that were laying around everywhere....... needed to take care of that, you know.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dozens killed in Baghdad blasts[​IMG]

A series of bomb blasts across Iraqi capital leaves 65 people dead and 176 injured amid rising sectarian tensions.

Last Modified: 23 Dec 2011 04:35 GMT...

3. Tyrsonswood

And republicans everywhere say "See.... we need to invade them again!"

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

to me our withdrawal takes a backseat to the devastation left in our dust. we left the country with no infrastructure, not to mention 20 year olds have been living with constant war since they were 9 so what does that say about the overall mentality of the nation.

Saddam was a bastard but at least under his rule kids could go to school and be kids. Not to mention he ran a secular state. We've essentially created a breeding ground in Iraq for violent Islamic fundamentalists.

We can't ever take that back and it weighs on my conscious, even though I opposed the war from the start. Just being a citizen of a nation that can destroy another nation and act like we did them a favor makes me feel like crap.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

When I was in Iraq in 91, I never imagined the kid I gave candy to would be shooting at me in 2004.. But I can understand why they would be...

6. tathiane.navarro

tathiane.navarro Guest

this is domination, capitalism, guys.

7. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Yep, been going on since Roman times.

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought today's Doonesbury was appropriate.

[​IMG]

9. HubcapClocks

HubcapClocks Guest

I agree with scratcho. The war in Iraq never ended after the so-called "First Iraq War." We were bombing targets on a weekly basis under Clinton.

10. guy

guy Senior Member

decided to look into the america attacks forum again

not so long ago this forum was killed off by israel firsters, they started swamping anything they didn't want anyone to hear. they hate discussion

if you are posting here be aware that they might still be active, they will normally start cut and pasting huge slabs of garbage onto multiple posts.

a lot has happened in a few years

america attacked iraq on the pretence of WMDs - which was later conceded to be false by george bush himself.

the war continued, a hysteria broke out in the american media about terrorism.

obama came to power - the war continued. everyone now knows obama was all talk - he could have pulled out of iraq on the first day of office and it wouldn't have made any difference - even after troops going there are still car bombs

things have now come full circle

iraq once an ally was attacked as an enemy. a war went on and then now iraq is an ally again. the american government has now announced it will be selling billions of dollars of military equipment to iraq. my guesses it that just like in gulf war 1 (the iraq - iran war that went on for 10 years), iraq will be a proxy war against iran with iraq being used to fight iran all over again.

osama bin laden has been killed supposedly, found in his own home in a pakistani army controlled suburb adjacent to its version of west point. his body never seen was dumped into the ocean never to be seen again - supposedly.

you can expect an ongoing conflict in the middle east because the american people no longer have control over the country they live in

as i said - beware of the israel firster here

11. broony

broony Banned

The war is over but what do you consider war? Honestly i hear the word so damn much its like everything is a war. The countries leaders still play the same 'game show' in creating wars behind the publics eye to manipulate them for creating great wealth and complete control over whole nations all to themselves and a small group of people invited.

Its not over. We built multiple military bases there, literally smoked the rabbits out of the whole, claimed there food and told them we offically will always have a word in what you do now. The same goes for afghanistan. What makes anyone think the US will stop and 'end the war', yea the war is over but now the a new government basically owns you.

All those military bases are empty now and we just handed them over to the people of that country? Are you sure...?

12. Tyrsonswood

The war is over, yet Boeing just got a $3.48 Billion dollar missile contract. Something's going to get blown up.