Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. For the past 4 - 5 months, after eating a meal, about an hour later I've been getting a fluttering feeling in my chest and an annoying little pain - really more of an ache. Doctors have picked this up when I happened to mention it as an aside.

Saw Cardiologist couple of weeks ago and he wanted further tests done. Today I went to hospital again and I now have a cardiac monitor for the next twenty four hours.

In the meantime they also want me to have a C.T. scan, so that has also been arranged for early next month.
    thepapasmurph likes this.
  2. So there I was last evening lounging in my recliner chair, watching television and, it being a beautifully calm and warmish evening I had the balcony door wide open. Unbeknown to me, one of my delightful neighbours having done quite a bit of pruning in his garden, now determines that in order to get rid of the cuttings, he will light a bonfire. Clouds of smoke blew across the gardens and some of it came into my lounge. This triggered an immediate asthma attack and I started coughing uncontrollably. After several attempts at using my inhaler, I realised that they were not powerful enough to deal with this attack and so I sought advice from NHS 111. The man I spoke to (actually wheezed at) sent for an ambulance, despite my saying that they were needed for more important things. The Paramedics duly arrived and whilst one asked questions and filled in various forms, t'other took blood pressure and tested my heart and rigged up a nebulizer for me with a face mask. The nebulizer worked very well and it calmed my breathing.It came close to getting a ride in a 'yellow peril' (ambulance) to A&E. The rest of the evening and throughout the night I coughed and spluttered. Am now sat back in my chair again with a very sore chest and lungs.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice