Want some cheese with that whine ?

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 654

I've been vascilating between up and down in mood... not exactly a bipolar picture. I'm just affected at times by the overdose of information that is hurled my way by people who are feeling less than joyful. One friend has nerve damage to her leg and is in pain when she wallks. She's cursing her doctors and all of western medicine for that matter. The insurance companies, the hospitals, the pharmaceutical companies... all evil greedy entities.
Another friend who lives in a Section 8 one bedroom in a hood in New York is bellyaching about her mother who is slowly loosing her ability to perform her activities of daily living. Said mother was right out of the book/movie SYBIL and she's got the daughter to prove it. But nonetheless this woman wants this damaged child to take care of her and the girl can barely get out of bed herself; haunted by voices by day and nightmares by night.
Then there's me. Health is good. House is still standing. I've got two cars with gas in 'em. Healthy chickens outside always seem happy to see me during feeding and watering hours. Only thing that holds me back is the Yankee dollar.
The other day I approached the credit union. They were looking for volunteers to sit on their board. At one point during this good ol' boy interview, the CEO pulled out my credit report and pointed to my score which he had circled. "Did you know that your credit score is BELOW the national average?"
Do you think I care?
Needless to say I won't be applying for a volunteer position there again boy howdy.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice