Sometimes writing individual chapters isn't the answer

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 606

I'm sure we've all said, "If I had to recall the story of my life, it would be an interesting book to read." Problem sometimes with my own recall is the fact that I seldom look at my personal evolution in a one directional ray that goes from early time to present time to later time (i.e. past - present - future).
How's that ? Well, sometimes I'm plagued by the past experiences that creep in and rear up their ugly heads when I least expect it. I plod and ford through daily events that often leave a bitter taste in my mouth. "L*rd, please help me endure another day of listening to this cretin without my going ballistic!" And then there's the every day paralysis over contemplating the future. "Where will I be if I fall sick? Will I have enough money in the bank? What if they were aiming for the President and I got shot in the crossfire of some very bad karma?"
My life doesn't even flow in simple paragraphs. While talking about the elections there can be a break to look up a recipe for salmon croquettes or an unquenchable desire to know what the ingredients are in my nasal saline spray.
This, mind you, is from a person who takes a single Multi-Vit a day, hears no voices and has few to no obsessions.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice