Penny-wise and Pound A**hole

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 531

"Pound a**hole?" My, my, my... doesn't that sound vulgar!!? I've been inundated by the actions and stupidity of friends and those who touch them. I think so often of those people who could use a little simple guidance so that they don't go completely down the sh*tter after a crap shoot. Yet, they choose to make their own choices and suffer the consequences of ill-thought-out plans.
Now is without a doubt one of the worst times to sell a house. Folks are having a hard time getting mortgages and there are so many foreclosures on the market that the banks will probably be giving property away. Yet, friends of mine have a home in California that is paid for and they are determined to sell it and move to Arizona. Both these people are on disability. They poured in over $100k into this home (their ancestral home) to update it with modern features. l doubt it will be snatched up.
I suggested that they take this as a sign/symbol to stay. The response? "That so isn't going to happen!"
I guess I should also say that I have no great love for the state of Arizona.
Another friend of mine recently broke up from a six year relationship. He recalled moments when pans and pots and dishes flew across the room and smashed into walls or shattered on the floor. Police were called. "But I love him!" All I could do was think to myself, "Ugh! What the f**k do you know about love?" "Love is never having to throw Corningware."
Much as I love making journal entries, I am nonetheless painfully aware of the fact that there are lapses in between. Guess I don't want to write when I'm too overloaded.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice