Modern Life?

Published by etherea in the blog etherea's Blog. Views: 452

The more I see I this "must have life" the more I despair for the human race. There are certain trends that just exploit people's need to be seen to be following the pack. This is just a couple of examples that I don't really understand nor wish to.

I know they have been around for a while but what really really fucking pisses me off is my almost inability to purchase a regular cup of coffee.
I do not want to go into a "coffee shop".
I do not want to be faced with a menu board covering a whole wall!
I do not want to spend a days wages on a cup of coffee! (ok slight exaggeration)
And what the fuck is a skinny latte with a shot of tonka (or whatever) anyway!!!!!

What about sushi!
What about fucking sushi.
It's raw fish for fuck sake. Even I can wrap a piece of fish round some sticky (overcooked)rice so why the need to go to a sushi bar!
A fucking sushi bar!!!!!
Lets all sit at a counter and wait for our prefered dish to appear! Or even better lets all sit at a counter and get a chef to cut the fish while we watch.
Lets all pay a weeks wages to eat a couple of pieces of raw fish with a few embellishments.
They don't even have the expense of cooking the fuckers!

I know that no matter how much money I have, I have had, or will have, I will never ever, ever buy into the bullshit that passes for modern life for some sad misinformed people!
scratcho and magickman like this.
  • Eric!
  • etherea
You need to be logged in to comment

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice