MeAgain

Studebaker 5

MeAgain, Jul 11, 2021
Studebaker 5
scratcho likes this.
    • scratcho
      My grampa had a Studebaker like that in which he hauled calves that he bought at auction. He would raise them to be big fellas then back to the auction they would go.
    • MeAgain
      My father had one. He hauled furniture, bricks, etc. Used it to haul food for George Delallo if you ever heard of Delallo Italian foods. They were good friends and George wanted him to become a partner but my father didn't get along with George's wife, nobody did. I'd be a millionaire now!

I learned to drive on that thing. No syncromesh, top speed of about 45, 50 if you pushed it.
      scratcho likes this.
    • scratcho
      It was one of the vehicles I used to hotwire and uh---borrow when i was 10 or 11.
      MeAgain likes this.
    • MeAgain
      Ha! The entire dash was accessed under the hood. Easy hot wire.

In 19, oh 63, or 4. My father took a Serro Scotty, like this one;
      [​IMG]
      removed the roof and frame and made a cab over out of it. Took the bed off the Stud and mounted the "camper" on it. We rebuilt the engine, greased her up and headed to Florida from Pittsburgh, with 5 kids and my mother and father crammed inside. He re-torqued the head bolts on the Skyline Drive in Virginia. I still remember that thing trying to climb the mountains....in granny gear. We had cars backed up behind us forever. Then we had to worry about the brakes going downhill!

And no air conditioning! Lol Good times.
      scratcho likes this.
    • scratcho
      haha!! Great story!!:D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Pictures
    Uploaded By:
    MeAgain
    Date:
    Jul 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice