Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice
Photo
- - - - -

How Long Can You Sit And Do Nothing For?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 bumpy52

bumpy52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted March 21 2017 - 04:43 AM

Decades ago when my meditation practice was in high gear I could sit in meditation for over an hour.

Now about 20 minutes is my max, and I only do it maybe once a month.

Getting my practice back is on my to-do list.

#22 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,858 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted March 22 2017 - 01:43 AM

Crack me up Glen. For those who don't know RT is Russia Today the Kremlin's propaganda channel.

the good thing about any nation's propaganda channel, that's from a different country then you live in, is they'll tell you things about your own country no one else will.

i don't regularly watch television at all, but i see things from television on you tube. 

actually i'd rather see things made by joe ordinary person in odd parts of the world then any media thing at all on you tube and the like.  

i remember when the whole point of the internet was not needing corporate resources, just a willingness and interest in learning how to make things,

images and words and express ideas, that maybe not everyone else is already thinking or talking about.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#23 Ged

Ged

No Fantasy Required.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationLocal shit

Posted March 22 2017 - 01:50 AM

the good thing about any nation's propaganda channel, that's from a different country then you live in, is they'll tell you things about your own country no one else will.

i don't regularly watch television at all, but i see things from television on you tube. 

actually i'd rather see things made by joe ordinary person in odd parts of the world then any media thing at all on you tube and the like.  

i remember when the whole point of the internet was not needing corporate resources, just a willingness and interest in learning how to make things,

images and words and express ideas, that maybe not everyone else is already thinking or talking about.

If you can filter out the propaganda, RT is pretty good for documentaries from around the World. Also Max Kaiser for a humorous yet impassioned take on the Banksters, and the general level of intelligence is higher than most other news channels. Also, they do have some hot presenters.

• themnax likes this
"What has posterity ever done for me!" - Groucho Marx.