• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,739 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted March 16 2017 - 09:12 PM

Perhaps you missed my point these fat pigs are enabling one another and as a result

the female population is growing increasingly towards the horizontal

At least they're well equipped to participate in the butter dance ~ Sigh

MZQOq1q.gif

Hotwater

Edited by hotwater, March 16 2017 - 09:15 PM.

Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#52 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 20,042 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted March 16 2017 - 09:43 PM

I don't find anything wrong with the girl in that gif. That's not really obese at all. I wouldn't shame that. A belly maybe, other than that, rock on. :punk:

I didn't laugh at it.
  • Heat likes this

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#53 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,789 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted March 17 2017 - 03:04 AM

Can someone please tell me one single "health problem" that causes the body to magically produce more calories than you burn without eating

I think certain meds, like for depression, cause people to gain weight even if they burn enough calories.

#54 Heat

Heat

Smile, it's contagious! :)

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,975 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted March 17 2017 - 12:38 PM

I have no idea why someone has not done this before as I am so sure that shaming a person is bound to have such outstanding results and motivate them to loose weight.

My kids both attend or have attended Carleton University and their take on this was that there is only one scale in the facility and no one has to be weighed so why that is an issue is not something they feel should be.   As mentioned there are some who use the facility that weight matters and not because it is a number but relevant to why they are there.   My nephew is a pole vaulter who competes and a pound either way can greatly affect his performance and his safety.   

The other comment they made was there are other scales on campus, so why one is such an issue and the others are not is not logical.  Health sciences and student health services all have scales.

Personally I feel that if there was a forced or mandatory weigh in then that is unfair and I could understand people being upset by that.  Since that is not the situation I feel that the scale should not be removed.  

Can someone please tell me one single "health problem" that causes the body to magically produce more calories than you burn without eating

While they do not cause the body to produce calories the following is a short list of things that can cause in some cases extreme weight gain even with reduced calories.

Cushing's Syndrome

Liver Disease

Hypothyroidism

Prader-Wili Syndrome

Beta Blockers

Steriods

Diabetic Medications

Anti-deprestants

Blood Pressure Medications

Seizure Medications

Some Cancers

• Irminsul likes this

gallery_10_10951_30242.gif

The dew of compassion is a tear.
Lord Byron

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama

#55 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,022 posts

Posted March 17 2017 - 02:18 PM

Good. They should be allowed to be comfortable with it too.

You're gonna be fat one day you know. And if not, you're going to die anyway, just like them. :)

So, you aren't any better for it anyway. Skinny people die early deaths from malnutrition, large people can live just as long as someone with an ideal weight.

Your arguments are flawed, be who you want to be, it's not like you're going to get out of this world alive either way. ;)

i just try to stay skinny because i assume an extra large coffin will cost more.

#56 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 20,042 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted March 17 2017 - 02:28 PM

You won't be paying for it. =p

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#57 Ged

Ged

Rhetorical Juvenile.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • LocationOakwood, London.

Posted March 17 2017 - 02:30 PM

I say rot to all body fascists.

"What has posterity ever done for me!" - Groucho Marx.

#58 youfreeme

youfreeme

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted March 17 2017 - 05:47 PM

I've read a lot of research lately that ascertains that permanent weight loss is impossible to maintain for most people.  There is a blog run by a PhD that explains a lot of the more complex literature in plain terms.  Here is a post that explains their main point quite succinctly:

There is little scientific support for the notion that diets lead to lasting weight loss

A recent meta-analysis (a study that examines the results of many other studies) of over 50 years of weight-loss research revealed that people can initially lose about 5% to 10% of their weight on virtually any diet program.

This means that a 250 lb. woman can typically lose between 12 and 25 lbs. by dieting. This loss is often presented as “success” by diet companies, even though such a woman would still be categorized as “obese” according to the Body Mass Index (BMI).

But… “These losses are not maintained. As noted in one review, “It is only the rate of weight regain, not the fact of weight regain, that appears open to debate” (Garner & Wooley, 1991, p. 740). The more time that elapses between the end of a diet and the follow-up, the more weight is regained…”

“Among patients who were followed for under two years, 23% gained back more weight than they had lost. Among patients who were followed for two or more years, 83% gained back more weight than they lost (Swanson & Dinello, 1970). Even in the studies with the longest follow-up times (of four or five years postdiet), the weight regain trajectories did not typically appear to level off (e.g., Hensrud, Weinsier, Darnell, & Hunter, 1994; Kramer, Jeffery, Forster, & Snell, 1989), suggesting that if participants were followed for even longer, their weight would continue to increase…”

The amount of weight loss maintained [after 5 years] in the diet conditions of these studies averaged 1.1 kg (2.4 lb).

Reference: Mann, T., Tomiyama, A.J., Westling, E., Lew, A.M., Samuels, B., Chatman, J. (2007). Medicare’s search for effective obesity treatments: diets are not the answer. American Psychology, 62, 220-233.

http://bigfatscience.tumblr.com 

The site is super pro-SJW but still have some very valid and very thorough dissection of current literature. 

Me--I don't know how I feel about the topic at hand.  I'm not fat and have always found that I can easily maintain a low weight through diet and exercise, but don't see any reason to shame people who are overweight.

#59 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 14,071 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted March 17 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think certain meds, like for depression, cause people to gain weight even if they burn enough calories.

I have no idea why someone has not done this before as I am so sure that shaming a person is bound to have such outstanding results and motivate them to loose weight.

My kids both attend or have attended Carleton University and their take on this was that there is only one scale in the facility and no one has to be weighed so why that is an issue is not something they feel should be.   As mentioned there are some who use the facility that weight matters and not because it is a number but relevant to why they are there.   My nephew is a pole vaulter who competes and a pound either way can greatly affect his performance and his safety.   

The other comment they made was there are other scales on campus, so why one is such an issue and the others are not is not logical.  Health sciences and student health services all have scales.

Personally I feel that if there was a forced or mandatory weigh in then that is unfair and I could understand people being upset by that.  Since that is not the situation I feel that the scale should not be removed.  

While they do not cause the body to produce calories the following is a short list of things that can cause in some cases extreme weight gain even with reduced calories.

Cushing's Syndrome
Liver Disease
Hypothyroidism
Prader-Wili Syndrome
Beta Blockers
Steriods
Diabetic Medications
Anti-deprestants
Blood Pressure Medications
Seizure Medications
Some Cancers

BS

#60 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,739 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted March 17 2017 - 07:43 PM

BJ7CkfO.gif

Hotwater

Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop