Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds
Photo
- - - - -

Donald Trump Says Torture 'absolutely Works' In First Major Interview As President

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday

• PipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 12:22 AM

http://www.independe...s-a7546616.html

Donald Trump claims senior intelligence officials have told him “torture works”, and that he would “absolutely” bring back banned interrogation methods like waterboarding.

The President said his administration was reviewing how the US conducts itself in the fight against militant organisations around the world.

Speaking in an interview with ABC News, Mr Trump said he was considering reopening the CIA’s so-called “black site” prisons, secret facilities around the world that were used to detain suspects in George W Bush’s “war on terror” before they were formally shut down by Barack Obama.

Mr Trump was asked by ABC News about his campaign trail promises to bring back waterboarding “and tougher” in the battle to defeat Isis. Mr Trump cited the group’s atrocities against Christians and said “we have to fight fire with fire”.

It seems to me that Trump is going to turn the USA back towards an aggressive imperialist power. If this is how the so-called leading nation of the free world is going to behave, then the free world is dead.

• MeAgain, Lynnbrowngreen and Willy Blue like this

#2 Willy Blue

Willy Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationSW UK

Posted January 26 2017 - 02:09 AM

If anyone needed any more proof that Donald Trump is not fit to lead the allegedly most powerful nation and more importantly democracy in the World then look no further. This man is dangerous and God help the rest of the World. mind you he will be busy laying bricks in his wall along the Mexican border for most of his term in office!!!

• MeAgain, Okiefreak, unfocusedanakin and 2 others like this

#3 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Do you even lift, bruh?

• PipPipPip
  • 33,385 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 10:45 AM

Trump is a chump.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

#4 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted January 26 2017 - 11:00 AM

Donald Pump

#5 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted January 26 2017 - 06:51 PM

• Spaceman Spiff likes this

#6 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted January 28 2017 - 10:48 AM

It seems to me that Trump is going to turn the USA back towards an aggressive imperialist power. If this is how the so-called leading nation of the free world is going to behave, then the free world is dead.

Trump says he still believes in torture, but will defer to his new Defense Secretary "Mad Dog" Mattis who, like Chris Penn in the above video clip thinks it doesn't work. It's good to know the Mad Dog is exerting some moderating influence on the Donald!

Edited by Okiefreak, January 28 2017 - 11:26 AM.

• stormountainman likes this

#7 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted January 28 2017 - 11:05 AM

Trump should volunteer to test this hypothesis on himself, we could torture his tax returns out of him.

The great thing about it is not only would we know for sure if torture really does work, but we would also get to torture him.

I'd start by cutting his fingers off and making him eat them.

Edited by The Walking Dickhead, January 28 2017 - 11:07 AM.

• Lynnbrowngreen, Willy Blue, NoxiousGas and 1 other like this

#8 ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

• PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted January 28 2017 - 01:24 PM

While Mr Trump confirmed he was considering the return of "black sites" (secret facilities around the world that were used to detain suspects in George W Bush’s “war on terror” before they were formally shut down by Barack Obama), Trump administration spokesman Sean Spicer said the draft was not a White House document.

I'm seriously considering starting a thread concerning White House spokesman Sean Spicer.  He's already spent a considerable amount of time "clarifying" the president's statements...my hunch is that he will be doing a lot of that.

Take a shot whenever Sean Spicer issues a 'clarification"?

348r02f.jpg

#9 UprootedVoodoo

UprootedVoodoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 28 2017 - 02:09 PM

I don't believe in the torture of our U.S. citizens, but if applying a chainsaw to the scrotum of a Hodgie to divert a "JIHAD" targeting innocent women and children, then by all means, proceed....I believe it was quoted "The Free World Is Dead"....There is no FREE WORLD....only a FREE NATION eradicating roaches who breed their hatred at an appalling rate....So, though most people believe that if we just say warm fuzzy compliments to these radicals, or calm their fury via drum circle, please acknowledge their lack of respect of human life and regard their refusal to obey any form of human or civil rights....Put it this way: Say while beating a man affiliated with ISIS in the kneecaps with a framing hammer, he reveals plans of an imminent attack against an elementary school where YOUR kids attend.....Theoretically it seems far out, here in the States....but this scenario happens everyday in those places, and, do you not sympathize with the parents who want what any mother or father wants, no matter what race, nationality or religion- The safety of our children?? I say this: Fight terrorism with terror, and squash every hate breeding roach.... Get 'em DONALD!

#10 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted January 28 2017 - 02:17 PM

How about a bullet in the head of the next commander in chief who orders a drone strike

Click to shop at FS Books