Donald Trump Says Torture 'absolutely Works' In First Major Interview As President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Tree, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-abc-news-interview-president-torture-works-a7546616.html

It seems to me that Trump is going to turn the USA back towards an aggressive imperialist power. If this is how the so-called leading nation of the free world is going to behave, then the free world is dead.

3 people like this.
  2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Trump is a chump.

3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

http://youtu.be/1ZrfcnU1FZg

1 person likes this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump says he still believes in torture, but will defer to his new Defense Secretary "Mad Dog" Mattis who, like Chris Penn in the above video clip thinks it doesn't work. It's good to know the Mad Dog is exerting some moderating influence on the Donald!

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

Trump should volunteer to test this hypothesis on himself, we could torture his tax returns out of him.

The great thing about it is not only would we know for sure if torture really does work, but we would also get to torture him.

I'd start by cutting his fingers off and making him eat them.

4 people like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-abc-news-interview-president-torture-works-a7546616.html

I'm seriously considering starting a thread concerning White House spokesman Sean Spicer. He's already spent a considerable amount of time "clarifying" the president's statements...my hunch is that he will be doing a lot of that.

Take a shot whenever Sean Spicer issues a 'clarification"?

8. UprootedVoodoo

UprootedVoodoo Members

I don't believe in the torture of our U.S. citizens, but if applying a chainsaw to the scrotum of a Hodgie to divert a "JIHAD" targeting innocent women and children, then by all means, proceed....I believe it was quoted "The Free World Is Dead"....There is no FREE WORLD....only a FREE NATION eradicating roaches who breed their hatred at an appalling rate....So, though most people believe that if we just say warm fuzzy compliments to these radicals, or calm their fury via drum circle, please acknowledge their lack of respect of human life and regard their refusal to obey any form of human or civil rights....Put it this way: Say while beating a man affiliated with ISIS in the kneecaps with a framing hammer, he reveals plans of an imminent attack against an elementary school where YOUR kids attend.....Theoretically it seems far out, here in the States....but this scenario happens everyday in those places, and, do you not sympathize with the parents who want what any mother or father wants, no matter what race, nationality or religion- The safety of our children?? I say this: Fight terrorism with terror, and squash every hate breeding roach.... Get 'em DONALD!

9. The Walking Dickhead

How about a bullet in the head of the next commander in chief who orders a drone strike

10. UprootedVoodoo

UprootedVoodoo Members

Even as a Trump fan, I feel you're onto something, birthing a new way to punish ANY politicians

11. The Walking Dickhead

Exactly. Then when he yields after all ten fingers have been removed we can call him Stumpy.

12. UprootedVoodoo

UprootedVoodoo Members

Nah, then the Secret Service would have a mess on their hands....I just think the existence of the Middle East and the sphincter holes of Africa are the entire problem with today's problems.....such a headache

13. The Walking Dickhead

There's already a mess. These fuckers think more death and destruction is the solution.

14. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

We don't like to think about torture, but saying that it "doesn't work" is painfully naive. So is the assumption that it's not happening. The US has been doing it since the formation of the country and as a British colony before that. I guarantee you if one of the Obama daughters was kidnapped and he got his hands on the guy who knew where they were he'd hook them up to a generator in short order.

Portrayals of torture in movies are usually unrealistic and most of them appear to produce dubious results. But I think we all know that if you terrify and torment someone long enough, they'll say what you want them to say and will drink from a toilet. Torture is probably like so many other things that have been part of humanity from the beginning. If it was utterly ineffective, would we really have such a long history of it?

I expect Trump to expose a lot of our nation's nasty secrets, intentionally or not.

15. The Walking Dickhead

The problem is false information will all too often be volunteered under duress, and this can and has led to false arrests and illegal imprisonment.

This is the logic that escapes the minds of the inhumane and the psychopath.

16. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

That's only 1 side of it though. False information doesn't grant the victim an instant reprieve, like Hollywood would want you to think. In most cases an experienced interrogator (that's what a lot of torturers call themselves) will continue the torture and make the victim recite the answer backward, forward and even make them spell it out, over and over.

Again, we don't like to think about it and hold tightly to the "humane" idea that it doesn't work, but it does. It works and it works consistently. And has for most of human history. Few of us want to really put it to the test of course, but a large contingent of really nasty people swear by it. Saying that it doesn't work is only good for helping people sleep at night.

The truth of the matter is quite horrifying.

1 person likes this.
  17. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps Trump can bring back Lynne DeEngland and Charlie Garner?

18. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Two convicted jackasses? Well, they should fit in well in the Trump administration.

1 person likes this.
  19. stormountainman

Do the words "Violation of International Law" mean anything to your hero?

20. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Oh FFS, stop this already, I was never a "Trump supporter". Why say such tripe? I'm only trying to be objective, something I'm not getting from you. I was only speaking to the naive idea that "torture doesn't work". It works quite well, which is a horrifying fact of life that has existed for probably as long as humanity. It was happening in the Americas before the Europeans arrived, it was happening before the Chin dynasty and I don't think any nation or race of people can claim moral high ground on this issue.

For all the complaining about torture we see these days, it's just smoke in the wind. Even if we pass "tough laws" against it, governments will still do it, they're doing it now. The only reason it has seen the light of day was because of leaks by conscientious observers. Unfortunately all they accomplished was to paint a target onto themselves, it's not going to stop just because people bitch about it or "protest". It's just not. Any of the torture occurring now by the US is likely held over from the previous administration.

Oh thank heaven for plausible deniability.

21. stormountainman

Naive? Did you say, "Naive?"