#21 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,054 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 09:30 AM

Thank you, Aerianne.... :)
Here is a photo of the card...Superman emblem with white wings flying over a few tall buildings.....
I was happy with how it turned out, and Stan loves it, and we had his cake already....and presents...all the Superman things were a home run...YAY!

and then a special out to supper to eat tonight...i think Stan feels like a big kid today...well, he is a big kid.....anyway....

010_zpsxpe37dyx.jpg

• Mallyboppa, donaldch69, EugeneKr and 4 others like this

#22 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,562 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Out There

Posted May 10 2016 - 09:40 AM

Thank you, Aerianne.... :)
Here is a photo of the card...Superman emblem with white wings flying over a few tall buildings.....
I was happy with how it turned out, and Stan loves it, and we had his cake already....and presents...all the Superman things were a home run...YAY!

and then a special out to supper to eat tonight...i think Stan feels like a big kid today...well, he is a big kid.....anyway....

010_zpsxpe37dyx.jpg

That's so awesome!  Frame it for him!

Happy Birthday, Stan!!!

• Moonglow181, CurtisMant, Thomasol and 1 other like this

882014c8b8d9d3b4710a1209a64a4c88.jpg

#23 xXKittyxCrusaderXx

xXKittyxCrusaderXx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:01 AM

I know the other ladies there were thinking the same thing I was: "Will they lock me up if I remove them from the dumpster?".

I would hope not save one for me
  • CurtisMant, Thomasol and MerlinEvila like this

Kitty's can rock to!   725301796_1515859.gif?4

#24 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,562 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:03 AM

I would hope not save one for me

I'm pretty sure that Walmart has it's dumpsters locked up.  That's just crazy.

I've also heard of shoe stores throwing away shoes that didn't sell.

Why not give this stuff away?

• CurtisMant, Thomasol and MerlinEvila like this

#25 Perfection of Disorder

Perfection of Disorder

Paradoxically Spontaneous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of knowing the unknowable

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure that Walmart has it's dumpsters locked up. That's just crazy.

I've also heard of shoe stores throwing away shoes that didn't sell.

Why not give this stuff away?

Because there is no profit in giving things away. Least no physically quantifiable profit.
  • CurtisMant and Thomasol like this
DISCLAIMER......Please hold on......my understanding is my own and yours is yours. We have already agreed to disagree and disagreed to agree. Your personal ideology is no more good or bad than mine, etc.......... Love,Hate,War & Peace.........END DISCLAIMER

#26 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,562 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:12 AM

Because there is no profit in giving things away. Least no physically quantifiable profit.

There should be some incentive in place for giving things away instead of writing them off as trash.

• xXKittyxCrusaderXx, CurtisMant and Thomasol like this

#27 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,054 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:13 AM

Thank you, again, Aeri.....

Some of the gifts were a Superman tee, boxer shorts in baby blue cotton knit to sleep in, Superman doll...he is cool with soft body and vinyl head....2 Superman baseball caps...they are great....a Sully dog from Gund wearing a superman outfit that is hanging from the mirror in his and Sully's car now....lol...., another Superman action figure .........a collector item antique Superman card that is worth framing, too...and I did not write in it to keep its worth...I am still waiting on 3 gifts, but that is ok, as after today he will still have something to look forward to.

oh, the cake was excellent. I only had a mouse sized portion...but it was a pretty heavy vanilla cake with vanilla inside and vanilla frosting and coconut shavings all over it from the grocery store bakery here.... I was surprised how good, and moist and heavy it is......Of course, i put a big Superman emblem cake topper on it.....lol

It is so much fun to personalize grab bags for people....I love doing things like that...and dinner is on me tonight, too....and I am broke again...lol 

Edited by Moonglow181, May 10 2016 - 10:17 AM.

• Aerianne likes this

#28 Perfection of Disorder

Perfection of Disorder

Paradoxically Spontaneous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of knowing the unknowable

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:15 AM

There should be some incentive in place for giving things away instead of writing them off as trash.

That would go against our consumer ethics. Can't have that in civilized society.
DISCLAIMER......Please hold on......my understanding is my own and yours is yours. We have already agreed to disagree and disagreed to agree. Your personal ideology is no more good or bad than mine, etc.......... Love,Hate,War & Peace.........END DISCLAIMER

#29 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,562 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:20 AM

Thank you, again, Aeri.....

Some of the gifts were a Superman tee, boxer shorts in baby blue cotton knit to sleep in, Superman doll...he is cool with soft body and vinyl head....2 Superman baseball caps...they are great....a Sully dog from Gund wearing a superman outfit that is hanging from the mirror in his and Sully's car now....lol...., another Superman action figure .........a collector item antique Superman card that is worth framing, too...and I did not write in it to keep its worth...I am still waiting on 3 gifts, but that is ok, as after today he will still have something to look forward to.

oh, the cake was excellent. I only had a mouse sized portion...but it was a pretty heavy vanilla cake with vanilla inside and vanilla frosting and coconut shavings all over it from the grocery store bakery here.... I was surprised how good, and moist and heavy it is......Of course, i put a big Superman emblem cake topper on it.....lol

It is so much fun to personalize grab bags for people....I love doing things like that...and dinner is on me tonight, too....and I am broke again...lol 

You made a "super" birthday for him!  You're nice that way!

• Moonglow181 likes this

#30 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,562 posts

Posted May 10 2016 - 10:21 AM

That would go against our consumer ethics. Can't have that in civilized society.

Another of those instances that makes me say, "If I were Goddess of the world...".

• Perfection of Disorder likes this

Click to Visit Netshops!