#1 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts
  • Locationthe unmentionable state

Posted August 02 2012 - 12:02 PM

According to its CEO, eating a chicken sandwich is now supposed to be a political act.
:toetap05:

Mike Huckabee asked all right-wing conservative Christians to eat there yesterday, to show support for the strong stand they have taken against homosexuality, especially against gay marriage. Homosexual activists also made appearances there nationally, as protesters. The local traffic jams were huge. Local TV showed footage from several locations, making it look as if everyone entering these places was taking a stand on the issue. Faces were not hidden.

One local gay male protester took the standard "Eat More Chicken" sign and made it say, "Eat More Dick". :D

I strongly prefer restaurants that think they exist only to SERVE FOOD to paying customers, and to treat their employees based only on the way they do their jobs, which is all about SERVING FOOD. :mad: What part of this is hard for that CEO to understand?

Ironically, this chain has its headquarters in Atlanta (HotLanta), which is the second or third most morally liberal city in the American South. People move there to get away from judgmental control freaks.

If this idiot gets his way, we will soon end up with separate restaurants (and other businesses?) for social liberals and conservatives, and everything in life will be all about politics and religion, including making ordinary purchases.
:willy_nilly:

Edited by orison319, August 03 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#2 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 12:11 PM

There are no limits to which conservatives will go to get their way. Lie--steal--and eat dead birds.

#3 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,801 posts
  • LocationKissMyAss Penisylvania

Posted August 02 2012 - 12:24 PM

http://t0.gstatic.co...flying-flag.jpg

we are still invading peoples urine to gain jobs and oh the chicken..

Uxq2a8kK_reasonably_small.jpg

Road signs flow into the headlights
Whisper names and fall behind
He finds some honor in the darkness
Hopes for grace and peace of mind

#4 Lynnbrowngreen

Lynnbrowngreen

Firecracker

• PipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone in southern US

Posted August 02 2012 - 12:33 PM

You are absolutely 100% correct, Karen. Furthurmore, I find it quite interesting that these "christians" continuously overlook the part in the bible about Not Judging...

Matt. 7:1, 2 : "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
Interesting how those are Jesus's words ^ that they have so selectively "forgotten".

#5 NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas

Old Fart

• PipPipPip
  • 7,447 posts
  • LocationIn the bowels of all mankind

Posted August 02 2012 - 12:48 PM

Now he has the right to do whatever he likes, it is a private business after all.
I'll defend his right to say any stupid thing and conduct his business in any manor he thinks is proper as long as it's legal.

I also will not eat any of his products and when the backlash from this reaches all the little mall stores and shit nationwide and sales plummet, I will chuckle to myself. :D
"Do the walls close in and suffocate ya,
you ain't got no friends and all the others they hate ya,
does the life you been leading gotta go?"

"get your shoes and socks on people,
it's right around the corner"

"the poodle bi-i-ites,
the poodle chews it"

#6 eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid

Creep in a T-Shirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:20 PM

Pretty much the only American thing to do in the situation is to boycott, and exercise your own damn freedom of speech :D

So basically, fuck Chik-Fil-A for being owned by bigots, and fuck them for having shitty chicken too. They would do well to not expect any of my business.
Spread Love

We are talking about that which transcends and supersedes language.

Everybody's you.

#7 GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz

Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:37 PM

Seriously I'm reading all this shit and thinking wtf is happening over there......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Flaming Liberal

Flaming Liberal

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:38 PM

if you go back and look at how all this started in some little interview on july 16.. it really aint a big deal. it's really blown up from there....

i mean didn't we all already know that chic-fil-a is a religion-y place. what's stupid is dumbasses that are now going out to chic-fil-a for whatever reason other than just to get a sandwich.

i hardly ever eat there anyway, but i'm not going to boycott them. living in the dumbass south i will bet i will run into people consciously supporting chic-fil-a, and that will probably piss me off more so than the original issue here.

#9 GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz

Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:46 PM

Can I ask what is Chick a fil??

I honestly don't remember them when I was living on that side of the world. And I dated a truckie and drove all over the states too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Flaming Liberal

Flaming Liberal

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:49 PM

its a place that serves all chicken. . a bullshit premise to save cows from certain death.

we call it "jesus chicken"

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company