Chick-Fil-A sucks!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Karen_J, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

According to its CEO, eating a chicken sandwich is now supposed to be a political act.
    :toetap05:

Mike Huckabee asked all right-wing conservative Christians to eat there yesterday, to show support for the strong stand they have taken against homosexuality, especially against gay marriage. Homosexual activists also made appearances there nationally, as protesters. The local traffic jams were huge. Local TV showed footage from several locations, making it look as if everyone entering these places was taking a stand on the issue. Faces were not hidden.

One local gay male protester took the standard "Eat More Chicken" sign and made it say, "Eat More Dick". :D

I strongly prefer restaurants that think they exist only to SERVE FOOD to paying customers, and to treat their employees based only on the way they do their jobs, which is all about SERVING FOOD. :mad: What part of this is hard for that CEO to understand?

Ironically, this chain has its headquarters in Atlanta (HotLanta), which is the second or third most morally liberal city in the American South. People move there to get away from judgmental control freaks.

If this idiot gets his way, we will soon end up with separate restaurants (and other businesses?) for social liberals and conservatives, and everything in life will be all about politics and religion, including making ordinary purchases.
    :willy_nilly:

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are no limits to which conservatives will go to get their way. Lie--steal--and eat dead birds.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

we are still invading peoples urine to gain jobs and oh the chicken..

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You are absolutely 100% correct, Karen. Furthurmore, I find it quite interesting that these "christians" continuously overlook the part in the bible about Not Judging...

Matt. 7:1, 2 : "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
    Interesting how those are Jesus's words ^ that they have so selectively "forgotten".

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Now he has the right to do whatever he likes, it is a private business after all.
    I'll defend his right to say any stupid thing and conduct his business in any manor he thinks is proper as long as it's legal.

I also will not eat any of his products and when the backlash from this reaches all the little mall stores and shit nationwide and sales plummet, I will chuckle to myself. :D

6. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Pretty much the only American thing to do in the situation is to boycott, and exercise your own damn freedom of speech :D

So basically, fuck Chik-Fil-A for being owned by bigots, and fuck them for having shitty chicken too. They would do well to not expect any of my business.

7. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

Seriously I'm reading all this shit and thinking wtf is happening over there......

8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

if you go back and look at how all this started in some little interview on july 16.. it really aint a big deal. it's really blown up from there....

i mean didn't we all already know that chic-fil-a is a religion-y place. what's stupid is dumbasses that are now going out to chic-fil-a for whatever reason other than just to get a sandwich.

i hardly ever eat there anyway, but i'm not going to boycott them. living in the dumbass south i will bet i will run into people consciously supporting chic-fil-a, and that will probably piss me off more so than the original issue here.

9. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

Can I ask what is Chick a fil??

I honestly don't remember them when I was living on that side of the world. And I dated a truckie and drove all over the states too.

10. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

its a place that serves all chicken. . a bullshit premise to save cows from certain death.

we call it "jesus chicken"

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If "they" had their way, we'd have segregation again and include gays vs straights in it this time.

12. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Chick fil a is a fast food chicken place that apparently doesn't support gay rights.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfla...rtarians-take-on-the-chick-fil-a-controversy/

I don't understand what the big deal is. I understand if they were like "I don't want gays working in my restaurant or buying my chicken" ... but for someone to not express the same views as me or you. If you don't like it why make a big deal out of it. Why don't you just not go there.
    I support gay rights completely and i have only had like one chick fil a sandwich ever so its not like i go there or even eat fast food regularly.

A person expressing their views and opinions in a interview is their opinion. I don't understand what their religious views matter in any buisiness

1 person likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I hate to sound cynical. Im tired of bending over backwards for the homosexuals. I really am.. ya, we get it. but Im getting sick of it. This sense entitlements just makes me wanna flame every fucking faggot out there...

dont eat the chicken and go back to sodomy and get over it..:(

if you need me, Ill be over here with a cock in my mouth.. or nuts. :love:

1 person likes this.
  14. Rosehippy

Rosehippy Banned

I have to agree. Judgement is akin to murder according to Jesus.....well said.

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It's my understanding that the CEO never "took a stand against homosexuality." He simply expressed his PERSONAL opinion on gay marraige. It has nothing to do with the resteraunt. It's everyone else who is turning this thing into a conspiracy. It's stupid. Whether you like his beliefs or not he still has a right to express them. To try and ban the resteraunt because you don't like the way the owner sees the world is complete bullshit.

I was talking about this a couple days ago, and one of the people in the discussion was a homosexual black male.....this is what he said: "I ate Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. I may be gay but I'm still black and I love my fuckin Chicken!"

Anyone ever hear of the phrase "free speech?"

2 people like this.
  16. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

I'm sdorry but there nuggets are good

17. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

exactly.... like what i said :2thumbsup:

18. Aerianne

The Jim Henson Co. pulled out of a deal with the fast-food chain to create toys for its children’s meals.

[​IMG]

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He evidently donated a bunch of money to some anti-gay situation. I saw him on the boob tube yesterday and was blabbing about god and that being gay was bad shit. Or so he says god thinks so. I don't see why people get so het up about these dummies--the world's chock full of 'em.

20. Aerianne

He has been thumbing his nose at the public for years. His stores are closed on Sundays because he says it's the Christian thing to do. He wants the public to feel like if they do anything besides go to church on Sunday then they are scum. He is a pious asshole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.