Zippos versus Clippers

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by McLeodGanja, Mar 27, 2009.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I've been using clippers for many years, but I've recently come to the conclusion that they suck shit. The hole at the bottom for refilling them always clogs up and stops working, and they never seem to work as well when I replace the flint. I think they are designed to fuck up after a time so that you have to buy a new one.

I was thinking about changing to zippo, but I don't really know much about them other than they use petrol.

So I was wondering, what are the pros and cons of each if I was to use one with a hash pipe?

I'm thinking about reliability as well as health, I want to know is the gas in zippos worse for you than clippers?

2. nesta

nesta Banned

never heard of a clipper. but zippos don't burn very hot and taste nasty. they're good for lighting a cigarette or a joint or blunt or something where you only need to apply the flame once, but not good for taking multiple hits off a pipe. i'd honestly recommend a simple disposable lighter like a bic, or even matches, over a zippo.

3. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I will have to agree. Although I love a Zippo but not for smoking weed. As with Nesta, I have no idea what a clipper might be. I have discovered the best thing to smoke with however. I found it here on the forums, someone was talking about it one day.

It's called Beeline. It's a hemp twine tapper soaked in beeswax. I ordered it from their web site and I have to say it is the best when it comes to smoking weed and anything else for that matter. I even use it for pipe and cigar smoking. No nasty tasting butaine hit. I think this is what you are look to use for the best smoke. When I use these I only taste the weed. It's really nice.

http://www.beelinehawaii.com/

4. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Clipper lighters.

[​IMG]

5. Exar

Exar Member

i think clippers are british... let me deal with this brit in the appropriate manner

clippers r shit m8

6. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

Djeeps are the best I've used in my opinion. Easy to light, big flame, lots of fluid, refillable, stays lit in wind. Its a great all around lighter.