Zendik

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by FREE, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenhornet

Greenhornet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A few years ago, the Zendiks did try having a forum, but it got so cluttered with exZendiks and others complaing and criticising them and asking them uncomfortable questions that they shut it down. Zendik is an island. The Zendiks just don't want to hear it: they don't want to have an honest dialog with outsiders.

2. there is a reason that there is only a small number of anchormen and a large number of watchers............

god that was metaphorical

they want control over flow of information and if it's a two way street that jeopardizes that.....

there we go.... metaphor absolved.....

3. senz

senz Member

i am new to this thread. I basically agree with red lentil and jason for the most part.

i found this thread tonight. and I could only make it through 40 pages or so.

but I am interested in this subject. and I miss some of the people I met there.

so e-mail me if you want to talk about being ex zendik. or would like to meet

for anyone traveling through or living near portland OR.

I have been here 8 years and came here right out of the farm when it was in texas.
    I left right before the move to florida. So I think some of you may know me,and I you,
    but I remember faces, and these cyber names don't ring any bells.

I lived there for 2 years then was asked to leave because they didn't like the way I talked to new people, I was basically saying think for yourself...and for other reasons. especially because shey didn't like me.

I legally changed my name to my zendik name. because like jason I felt I was a true zendik. "one who lives outside the law" and revolutionary. Not the fake zendik that most of them are.

anyway I will finish reading this thread when I have time this week.

and feel free to contact me

a true free spirit
    and lover of truth.

peace

and watch your back
    "truth seekers"

sen z

Portland Rocks by the way!!!!!!!!
    I encourage ALL to gather here!

4. senz

senz Member

5. Chef Cookie

Chef Cookie Member

I'm sure as hell not going to read all the posts on this fourm, but from what I have read, there are sure a lot of dumb, scared people out there who have so much self esteem and assurance in their own ability to control their own destiny that they think that somehow they will be brainwashed by a 60+ year old lady that wears home made tie-died clothes, grows beautiful gardens, and creates some of the most moving and elequent art this world has ever seen. WHAT A SCARRY CHICK, RIGHT?!!
    Actually, it can be quite intimidating at Zendik at times seing how they try to live a philosophy of honesty and integrity and we all come from a culture BASED ON BULLSHIT AND LIES AND HATE!!!! It's quite a culture shock, ya know. And yes, it takes a thick skin to really hang in and hang on to something real when we're all trained to shy away from such hard work.
    Look, I'm no spokesman for Zendik Farm. I lived there for about five years and to be honest, with the exception of watching my daughter enter the world and and grow up, it will forever remain as the greatest experience in my life.
    WELL IF YOU LOVED IT SO MUCH THEN WHY DID YOU LEAVE?
    Honestly, I was scared.
    I was doing a lot of changing and looking at myself and opening up to the real me. It was new and it was beautiful. But it was also foreign and I got scared. It was scarry to be "myself" and to be o.k. with that. My false ego of myself was being shattered, not by THE EVIL ZENDIK REGIME but by me and my friends who I asked for help there BECAUSE I WAS AN ACTIVE VOLUNTEER THERE!! Not an ignorant, weak groupie just laying like a lump so they could mold me into the "IDEAL ZENDIK"
    And to truly allow myself to be loved, accepted for who I really am. Not for what I do or how I dress, etc.. People who say they have friendships like that, well I think that 98 percent of them are not in touch with reality. Maybe with one person, maybe. But with 25+ people, no fukking way! It's awkward to be that vulnerable, at least for a while. You learn to become empowered by it, but it's not easy.
    I'm tired it's late, that's all for now.
    If you've never really lived at Zendik ( And I don't mean just visited for a couple of days to a few months ) Then shut up, because you really don't know what you're talking about and/or are so lacking in any kind of life of your own that you feel the need to attack what you don't know. (Kind of like a hardcore republican!)
    If you're curious, visit the place if it's not for you, oh well. If it clicks, (and you'll know if it does) then congratulations! You are about to embark on an amazing jouney.

6. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Nice post. It is good to hear the other side of the story. I just wish more people from zendik farm would post their experiences as well. Until now this thread has been very one sided.

7. rasha

rasha Member

I think you will find Cookie, that most of the people that are posting things you do not like have been there. And I don't mean for a week or even a month. You can say you left because you were so scared. Then why not go back? You know where they are. Yes, I know that Zendik isn't for everyone. That is the point. If they were just saying that they were creating a nice home for themselves that would be one thing, but when they are saying that they are a model that will save the world, and that model doesn't work for 99.9% of people (and I mean people that tried to live there not the population in general), then how can they claim they are saving anything but themselves.

8. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

rasha did ask a valid question. If ZF was a great experience for you then why not go back? Understand that I am not asking to criticize or judge anyone. I just want to learn more about the place.

How long ago were you there? What was your greatest moment at ZF and what was your worst?

9. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

hey does anybody know if Red Lentil is A Nirvana fan?

10. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

I am searching for her now I figured out who she is last I thought on the prelimanary search might have been a comedian or a cartoonist

11. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

mmmmmm memory let me use what I can manage .................I stayed at zendik farm and remember those times .....................

12. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

Red gave me a tour around the farm as a new bie and estimate I will was closer to arol then what she leads this place on to imagine funny or what?

13. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

Red You can't blame me for loving red wood tree's butt the fascist's? they wanted my profile? hahahahahah

14. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

zendik the message of vantrieuqist and cartoonists

15. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

o.k. my only down time when I was at zendik must admit was when I missed my opportunity to kiss Kira when she was dancing like flames at the farm ... and am so sorry felt I should have been like a monkey chaseing goats around bloated on 4 hog tied lust......... something about red hair that makes me bigger then a wild boy babtising big foot

16. Chef Cookie

Chef Cookie Member

There are so many facets to Zendik Farm and my experiences there that it would be nearly impossble and way too time consuming for me to get into everything. Firtst of all, let me clarify my reason for leaving a little more.
    Yes as I said there was an element of fear. I don't think at the time I was as conscious of that as I am now. What I do remember was that probably for about the last 3-4 months of my time at Zendik I really "wasn't there". I spent a lot of the time in my head, daydreaming about possibilities "out there" running my life on my own, things I could do, jobs I could get, art I could do, stuff like that. I was living a life of duality and it wasn't working. (It never does, by the way) It's not to say that I couldn't have done these things at Zendik or that I wasn't allready doing them in a way. You have to understand that in a very real way I "grew up" at Zendik. Sure, I didn't get there until I was just twenty seven years old, but up until then, I was a fukking misfit with no sense of responsibility, or work ethic. Nor did I have even the remotest grasp of what the word integrity meant. I, like most people (in one way or another) who end up at Zendik was a socially retarded rebel without a clue. I rebelled without knowing it and why I was doing it and basically couldn't live life on life's terms. I thought I was a victim, yet I hated people who thought that they were victims. I didn't know anything about communal living, I didn't know anything about organic food, I didn't know anything about politics, I didn't know much of anything about anything really. I was a spoiled brat that grew up in the burbs and rejected my family and their lifestyle and the culture at large but I had no answers, no response that made any sense. Except in art. I had been an artist all my life. Life made sense when I could shed all my shit and just go for it. It was my only refuge from life's insanity, including the insanity I created for my self.
    SO ANY WAY...
    I ended up at Zendik. It was a psychic thing really, I had never read their magazine, never heard their music, nothing. Then one weekend in January in Miami a bunch of them crashed at my house (they made contacts with one of my roommates) I immediately liked them. They were different, they were very clearheaded and friendly and sincere. By the time they were leaving I wanted to go with them. It was nuts! I didn't know these people at all. It just felt right. So I left. On the way there in the van with them I was reading the magazine and got into an argument with Chen about one of Wulf's articles. Wulf had said something to the fact that Curt Cobaine had integrity by killing himself. I was like "WHAT?!! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!" And he and I got into a pretty heated discussion in a parking lot at some coop somewhere between Miami, Florida and Bastrop, Texas. We eventually calmed down and I don't think I totally agreed with him but got back in the van and continued on. I suddenly realized that what I was doing was a BIG DEAL. We arrived on a cold wet morning and the farm looked pretty dreary to me. There was a lot of mud. Except for this cool, funky purple mansion and an extreemely colorfully painted stone wall.
    It looks like I'm going to end up telling my whole Zendik story after all. '
    TO BE CONTINUED...

17. FTNW

FTNW Member

Ok.......
    My computer broke. I just got another. Still in the forest but things are getting back together......
    I plan to be online everyday again after work so, again, things should be getting back to normal at postzendik........
    Thanks for the patience and all that........

18. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

go ahead and ask me about Zendik..................JUST Love Talking to my Self

19. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

Louse in the House

20. Lousecanyn

Lousecanyn Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.