yucky!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sweetdreadlover, Apr 24, 2007.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

anyone have any natural ideas for curbing morning sicknes?..please..lol..this is yucky

2. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Eat crakers before you get out of bed. Drink peppermint or ginger tea. Eat lots of small meals and never a big one. Keep that bag of saltines with you at all times. Remember who this is for. Remember that this too shall pass. With hope in another month or two.

Best Wishes,
    Kathi

3. IvoryVision

IvoryVision Member

One thing that ALWAYS made me sick when I was preggo with Leo(no morning sickness this time around)... I would wake up thristy and chug a HUGE glass of water on an empty stomach. Boy, did that make me want to hurl! Keep small amounts of tolerable food in your tummy with frequent meals... Like snacking throughout the day. And avoid tossing down large amounts of liquid at once... Sip. I don't know why it helps, but it does. Dakota's Mom was right on with the crackers... They were a life saver those first few weeks with me.

4. sweetdreadlover

ive been drinking yogi mother to be tea which has been helping a bit, and yes i always keep my saltines with me..lol...thanks girls

5. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I hate to say it, but NOTHING helped my morning sickness - and believe me I tried it all. Not that you wont find somehting that will work for you, I just wasn't so lucky. Just be careful what you eat - consider what it might taste like coming up before you swallow it down!

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I was fortunate in that I didn't really have too much of a problem with morning sickness during my pregnancies, although with the twins, I did get queasy more often than I did with my oldest son.

Anyway, for me what helped was either pretzels or Saltine crackers with a little peanut butter. Might sound weird, but the protein/carb combination seemed to really calm my belly.

7. sweetdreadlover

hmmm...that makes sense..i could see how peanut butter and cracker combo could calm a quesy tummy...makes perfect sense:)

8. Brighid

Brighid Member

Maintain those blood sugar levels!

Every hour or so, eat a handful of a high protein snack; some almonds or cashews, whole wheat crackers with a little nut butter, a little yogurt or kefir, a hard boiled egg, a bit of cheese. Make a protein shake before bed so you will wake up with a healthy blood sugar. Proteins take longer to turn into glucose and so will keep your blood sugar levels stable. Keep well hydrated, sip water with lemon or unsweetened tea all day long.
    Crytalized (candied) ginger is excellent, so is peppermint.
    Be comforted knowing M/S is a sign of a healthy pregnancy!
    Boatng stores sell Sea-Bands, which press accupressure points on the wrist that stop nausea and vomiting.
    And sometimes, no matter what you do, M/S persists, but it usually gets better by the 20th week (when mamas typically gain about 5-10 pounds suddenly!) Some ladies, myself included, had all-day-sickness right through the entire pregnancy, and still have healthy babies of normal weight.

9. sweetdreadlover

what about mamas who never expeirience M/S??...I hought that was normal as well??

10. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I used to make this, and i think it's the ginger that helped the queasiness. I think you mentioned you don't eat animal products so substitute the yogurt for soy yogurt.

1-1/2 c diced pears
    1/2 c peach yogurt
    1/2 c pear nectar
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
    ice

Put it all in the blender. It's yummy! I hope it helps!

11. IvoryVision

IvoryVision Member

You know... I've been curious aobut the same thing. My first pregnancy I had really painful morning sickness. I never vomited once, but for the first two months I had really bad nausea, bad enough to hurt, and I had a hard time eating. When I did eat, it often got more painful.

This time around it's been a totally different story... Not one bit of anything that could be construed as morning sickness. I've not had any problems eating, and the only things that bothered me in the beginning were strong smells. Chemical odors would turn my stomach, but avoiding them wasn't hard, and it never slowed me down.

I've heard that morning sickness is a sign of healthy pregnancy, but I think it's fine to go along without it as well. I came into this pregnancy healthier than I went into my first one, so I'm sure me not having morning sickness is nothing bad.

12. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

eat what you crave. I found that to help a lot.
    keep well hydrated. sometimes people mistake thirst for hunger and it just makes things worse.
    crackers and toast are usually helpers, but they don't always work. the toast really helped me, the crackers didn't do squat.
    really, I found that the best thing to do was experiment with what worked (which generally just ended up being either what I was craving or anything that didn't repulse me with it's smell)
    galdily, my morning sickness this time around hasn't been nearly as bad as it was with Leane...infact, I haven't even thrown up this time...Leane I would throw up so violently that my vision would black out for about 20 minutes. It was awful. This time it's maily smells. If that does make you queasy, find a way to get rid of the smell or just get away from it. Being around it will only make things worse. If you can't, find a smell of something that you love and keep it close to your nose.
    Actually, there were a few days that were really bad for me with smells (the smell of cigarette smoke makes me really ill and the people who rented our apartment before us were heavy smokers....uck!) and I couldn't handle the smell of our place. So I took a pumpkin spice candle I had and taped it to my top lip. I looked goofy as hell, it boy did it work!!!

13. sweetdreadlover

Yeah, I had toast this morning to curb my nausea and it worked really well...also mashed potatoes seem to help too LOL