Youtube HQ mass shooting attempt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 7, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

So earlier this week, a crazy person went to the Youtube Headquarters and shot the place up.

This person was upset that their Youtube channel was being demonetized and their content was being taken down. Fortunately nobody was killed except the shooter, and those injured in the event survived.

It's odd though. We are not hearing much about this incident being talked about in the media for some reason. You'd think an assault on one of the biggest names in media, would be amongst the top headlines.

Here's what we know about the shooter.

Her name was Nasim Aghdam. She was an American immigrant of Iranian heritage, an animal rights activist, a vegan, and a Peta member.

Of course the media's reaction to this story went a little something like this:

"OMG an active shooter! At Youtube! Big News!"

"Oh wait... it's with a hand gun. And the shooter is a woman, non-white, and not an NRA member...."

"Oh shit! Quick-- Back to Russia, back to Stormy Daniels! Nothing to see here"

r0llinstoned and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

What are you talking about?

It's been all over the news for the past week.

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

David Hogg is sad it was not another white male with an AR15

4. machinist

Youtube is a fascist organization. They dont know what to do with themselves now that this was perpetrated by an Iranian female liberal activist.

Whole thing is pretty ironic

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until it shoots ya..
    [​IMG]

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Noserider likes this.
  7. machinist

Youtube is ramping up armed security at HQ

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Armed with dildos.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

She was obviously a disturbed individual that couldn't deal with criticism. A train wreck waiting to happen. She won't be missed....

10. lode

lode Banned

What are you talking about? It was all over the news for a couple days.

It died down quicker. Probably because she didn't kill anyone but herself.

There was a school shooting after Parkland that ended the same way. Made a lot less news.

Do you know what those two events had in common? Nobody but the shooter died, and shoooter didn't have an assult rifle.

Okiefreak likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm not claiming the media gave this incident zero coverage. Sure it made the news, otherwise we wouldn't've heard about it. It seemed to be a hot topic that died off rather quickly for what it was. I don't watch cable news, but I do see how much the public follows it based on the topics that are in popular and common discussions. YouTube and Google have gotten themselves into a lot of controversy over playing favorites in the way they run their platforms.

A lot of it has to do with the initial reaction to this story. If the perpetrator has a particular identity and appearance, journalists and propagandists can exploit it to advance a political narrative.
    I bet Salon writer Bob Cesca was disappointed when he found out his assumptions on the shooter were incorrect after he tweeted this: "Reminder: Alex Jones recently went to war against YouTube. Wouldn't be shocked if the shooter is linked to Jones's nonsense. Of course Jones will say it's a false flag, hence the ouroboros of fuckery continues."

Now I won't go so far as to paint an entire group of people with one solid brush, but there hasn't been any recent mass killings or attempted mass killings by NRA members. But Hodgekinson and this chick... well that's a different story.

I mean look at this yellow journalism shit from Mashable

[​IMG]

You're probably right because it seems that kill counts make a bigger impact in the news than mass injuries. But why would you bring up that this story got less attention because it wasn't an assault rifle?

Could it be, that it's a political push to ban assault weapons and not hand guns? Despite the fact that more mass shootings were done with handguns?

machinist likes this.
  12. lode

lode Banned

I'm bringing up the fact that less people were killed was in direct relation to the fact the shooters weren't using assult rifles.

McFuddy likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

thought id seen everything til I seen a jihad against chicken nuggets.

14. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

They screwed the pooch when they fooked with Diamond & silk. Those two women were money in the bank. Advertisers should be raising hell about it.

15. Noserider

This is a six-pound thread filled with 12 pounds of oversimplifications and generalizations.

So, typical for "Politics"

16. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Kinda reminds me of older Persian artworks.
    [​IMG]
    Back when 1 eyebrow was sexy!

Orison likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Every major news station had a story on it. Not sure what their coverage was supposed to be. Several big stories going on and this is not a "mass shooting". Not enough people died. When smaller shootings have happened in the past I have heard the NRA say any coverage on a shooting of this size is wrong because the death toll is so small it's not significant. What it is is anti-gun media coming to take guns. Now they were supposed to cover it more?

18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

News-of-the-Weird is all you are going to get these days. The old Soviet newspaper "Pravda" became famous for endless UFO stories and conspiracy theories. I know a skeptic who collects such things and wallpapers his room with them. When he researched some of the stories that seemed more plausible, he was surprised to learn they were true. The longer Fox News is on the air pretending to be real news and so long as the president can simply buy whatever news coverage he wants, the situation is just going to get worse and we'll have to invent new words as even Yellow Journalism and Banana Republic become too intellectual.

19. machinist

Brain needs meat

20. Noserider

And those black eyes roll over white, and...oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin' and despite all the poundin' and hollerin' they all come in and..."--shakes head--"rip ya to pieces."
    [​IMG]

21. machinist

I just read about diamonds and silk getting banned. Its scary how narrow what is considered acceptable now in social media and youtube. If youre not a 14 year old brown skinned vegan muslim leftist gender queer, then you are offending someone and subject to ban.