You're Not A Real Hippy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by xexon, Feb 3, 2009.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’m not a hippie, I’ve never wanted to be a hippie, nor do I identify with hippies :mad:

But had I been born in the day I would have joined the black panthers and wore an afro that would have put Angela Davis to shame :eek:

Hotwater

2. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Too bad you were born in the night. You coulda had it so good....

3. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

QFT ;)

4. hotwater

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

6. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

It's a state of mind... not a place in time

7. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

paraquat caused disco btw ;-)

8. hotwater

I’m guessing it’s no coincidence that you should have pictures of topless young girls of undetermined age :toetap05:

Hotwater :eek:

9. Spud

Spud Member

There are different forms of hippies. You've got your dirty, smelly hippy; redneck hippy; rich hippy and poor hippy.

Anyone can be a hippy. In the old days, hippies were discriminated against. I remember stopping in Big Sur, Cali at a grocery store where a sign read, "dogs and hippies not allowed in the store." I went in anyway.

It took a while for society to get used to guys having long hair (hey long hair, get a job!). Now it's pretty much accepted. Don't get me wrong, just because you have long hair doesn't mean that you're a hippy. You have to go by the hippy credo, "drugs, sex and rock n' roll." :cheers2:

[​IMG]

10. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

paraquat WTF:confused:

I am kind of high.

Explain. If you dont mind,

11. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Hit a nerve, did I?

Imitation may be the highest form of flattery, but it doesn't fly with me. Not on this subject.

While I appreciate the fact that you wish to be different from a society that doesn't care about you, you need to find your own gig, your own voice, your own identity.

This one has been around long enough to become just another part of the scenary.

It no longer stands out in the way it did in the 60's and 70's.

That makes it a poor instrument of change.

Now it's just a social club like any other religion. And about as worthless.

Wanna change the world? Be innovators not imitators.

Now get out there and do it.

x

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

13. wally m

wally m 14

Cars are different from the 60 to now but there still cars.

14. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

You're so..... so.... motivating Xexon.

*yawn*

15. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

The idea that Hippies were the only spearheads of 60's political activism is
    nonsence.
    There were alot of people involved in the movements of the 60's that did not consider themselves Hippies.

One truth is that it was mostly young people.:cool:

The only real hippie movement was the one where a bunch of affluent brats moved to 'Frisco, took speed and acid and freaked out on the out of tune music of the dead and airplane.... yeah they fuckin' played out of tune I got the recordings to prove it. Bands that played in tune were considered sellouts cause they sounded too slick. Can I get a witness?:p
    The end of that Hippie movement was marked by the summer of love.
    By 1970, "Hippie" was fashion, you could buy the "Sears poncho" or Bellbottoms at the mall.

I was 10 yrs old in 1970 ( my profile age is wrong ,I'll be 49 this year) when I got my first peace symbol pendant. I knew it meant "peace" and I thought it looked cool, but I had no idea at the time its connection to the vietnam war or that it "pissed off the squares". I learned all that shit a couple of years later when I got the Woodstock album from my uncle. I took my first acid in '73
    And the rest, as they say, is history....

The only activism I have been involved in, is a general compassion for my fellow man (and fellow woman!) and a desire to help people see beyond convention and ritual. This I believe to be a subtle form of activism at a very basic level.
    If your hippie values compel you to get involved in more overt forms of political activism, Fine, more power to ya, but I think the minimum requirement for any hippie is simply to care and try to help this world get better in any way you can think.:cheers2:

ZW :peace:

16. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

The "in your face" why are you doing this attitude. The challenge to authority.

I have that attitude daily, but weren't the hippies of the '60s the mainstream youth? Today the mainstream youth is just a bunch of shit heads that think its cool to act like a retarded black guy on crack in the ghetto. There are some of us that have some brains behind what we believe, but MOST young people have a watered down idea of what cool really is. Fuck man I'd be out in the streets with a picket sign if there was at least one other person willing to stand by my side, but there isn't. There is just some douche bag wearing pants by his knees with a sideways hat doing meth.

17. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

you don't remember the big paraquat scare..

During the late 1970s, a controversial program sponsored by the US government sprayed Paraquat on marijuana fields in Mexico.[5] Since much of this marijuana was subsequently smoked by Americans, the US government's "Paraquat Pot" program stirred much debate. Perhaps in an attempt to deter people from using marijuana, representatives of the program warned that spraying rendered the crop unsafe to smoke.

18. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's not illegal if you can't prove they're underage. :cheers2:

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

jesus, no!