your wedding

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by kjhippielove88, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Maggie, that is very reassuring. Tim's mother and my mother keep asking us what kind of wedding we want, and are trying to plan it for us! First of all, I HATE a bunch of people staring at me; therefore I don't want a big deal. I'm very simple and don't want people to make a big fuss over me. Plus, we're not exactly the "traditional" family-we've got three kids between us and are very happy with our current situation!! The more our moms push and prod us to even get married, the more we are going to run from it!!

Basically, all I want is me in a simple dress, Tim, and the girls to be there. My UU minister Meg would marry us.

2. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

My wedding:

I want to be married in the summer, in a field...friends and family will sit on white picnic blankets, the elderly and disabled in chairs...My dress will be a white muslin summer dress, mid-calf length, short sleeved, a sweetheart neckline...I'll have a flower crown and no shoes...My husband can wear whatever the hell he wants...I don't care...I'm not bothered, as long as he's barefoot as well...
    My maids-of-honour will be my three best friends...Kim, Lukas, and Sam...Two guys..:) They can wear whatever they like as long as their bottom half is khaki and barefoot and their shirts have at least burgundy accents...
    I want to walk down a path of deep red or burgundy flower petals...not necessarily roses...just flower petals...My step-dad and biological father will both walk me down the way...I want an Irish traditional wedding tune to play as I walk down...
    I want to be married by my friend Kat...I want quotes from the bible to be used, as well as a Wiccan hand-fastening, and wedding blessing from the Apaches...We'll write our own vows...I'll design his ring and he'll design mine and we won't show each other until we exchange rings....
    Then, we will have the band come in....My husband's friends, more than likely....playing together whatever they feel, as well as my husband popping in every once in a while...:) Also, we'll have a friend dj some good house and prog music to dance to...
    My friend Sam will cater and make the cake (red velvet with white icing)...The food will be a mix of my favourite dishes and my husbands...I'll probably help cook...buffet style...:)
    We'll drink and dance and be merry, and then when the party begins to die down, my husband and I will be ushered away in an old convertible....to honeymoon somewhere intimate and secluded...:)

3. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Marriage *ahhhhhhhhh* *runs for the hills*.

4. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

you'll want to get married one day....I don't want to get married now...but I know that one day I will

5. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I want to be somebodies partner for life..and hopefuly when i do the feeling is mutual > I hope the law changes so we both get the same rights as married couples ..

I think i am too shy to get married .. standing up in front of all the people i know..i don't think so.:p .. sorry for infringing on womens issues and weddings

Don't become a bridezillas , i just know i am going to marry (if i ever) one of these and she will be as bad as janice in friends as well.. plus have a huge italian family with relations with the mafia (of course).

oh yes...

6. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

I want to get married again on the beach. Problem is boyfriend hates the beach. He might do it for me though. Especially if we are someplace like the Virgin Islands or Jamaica or something. But that is basically it. Take just my sister and mom and dad and his sibs and mom and dad and go for like a week or two and just do it then. We are both family people, but I don't want all of the superficial "friends" involved. Don't want anything too elaborate, just something that reflects the both of us.

7. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

I don't really care how my wedding goes...as long as it's with a wonderful person. :)

But...I've always had this notion that I don't want any city papers involved. More of a commitment than an actual marriage..

8. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

Just for any brides out there who are looking for some other like-minded brides, Indie Brides is a good site to visit :). They have a web board that I loved when I was planning our wedding.

Luckily, unlike some others, my Mom and Mother-in-Law didn't go crazy trying to plan it for us. Mom liked all my ideas anyway, and MIL did too. I was worried she'd try to keep adding people to our list, but she understood our need for a small wedding. When she married hubby's step dad, the only people there were her, him, the minister, and hubby and his sis (hubby was only 2 :))

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Sugmag, I bought an on sale bride's maid dress for my wedding dress. It was much less expensive and much less fou fou than a regular wedding dress. I remember the lady who did the alterations telling me, "You can have a regular wedding dress, even if you are expecting. Why do you want something so cheap?" She didn't know that I had planned a VERY simply inexpensive dress before I got pregnant and wanted the "cheap" dress.

I've never worn it again, and my girls are much bigger than I was (even though I was 16 weeks pregnant) so they won't be able to wear it. I couldn't see spending a mint on a dress I would wear once.

If you want to go simple, ask for the bride's maid dresses, they will try to talk you out of it (the stores want you to spend $2.000 on a dress) but tell them "This is MY big day." ;) :)

10. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

my future MIL (if life works out the way it look like it will) won't like our idea of a wedding at all. I really dont' want her to come. She doesn't like me and as much as she tries to act like she does, I'd be afraid that she tries to ruin the wedding somehow.

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

My husband and I actually aren't really 'married' although we have been committed to eachother and living with eachother for coming on 4 years now. We refer to eachother as husband and wife. We have just never made it official I guess.

Lately we have been talking about having a wedding though, mainly for our family. Our close friend is actually ordained and is going to preform the ceremony. We are going to have it in my mothers backyard (she has beautiful a beautiful 10 acers that is just perfect) and it is going to be just family and close friends. I'm not really into planning it, and my husband could care less how it goes (he is so indecisive he wouldn't really help much) so that's about as far as we have come with the plans. Like I said, to us, it's more about doing this for my family. They are pretty traditional, and I know they would like it. Plus I think they would be disappointed if we just went down to a courthouse and signed some papers.

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I forgot to add that I want that beautiful song from Aladdin.. "A Whole New World".. to be played in my wedding. :D

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

hahahahaha i always have to thank the person who makes me laugh first around here...thanks jo. That would add so much class to your wedding. hahahaha priceless.

14. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

You're just jealous coz you didn't think of that first. :H

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I was thinking 'under the sea' or 'Hakuna Matata' for mine...:rolleyes:

16. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Thank you :)

I absolutely love your wedding signature picture. You and your husband are too cute!

17. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Honestly, I didn't think about my wedding that much until I was with my husband....I think I just knew he was the one I wanted to spend my life with. Then I thought about our wedding all the time. I would listen to the song we picked to dance to ("Blue Diamond" by Rusted Root) and I would get all misty eyed. As soon as we found the place (which is very close to where we live) I would ride my bike there alot and envision how things would look. After I got my dress (and it really was my dream dress) I would try it on about 100 times. My wedding turned out better than I could ever dream. My family came to California from Maine. My dad walked me down the aisle. My husband and I exchanged vows that we wrote. We actually wrote our whole wedding ceremony (sorta...we borrowed things from various traditions) So many of our loved ones were there. We spent the night in a nice hotel and then flew to Kauai the very next morning. It truly was the happiest day of my life. And I love being married! [​IMG]

18. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Here's another one for a better view of my dress. I love this dress! It's still hanging in my closet and I look at it all the time! :)

19. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I love those pictures, LotusButterfly. You two look so happy together. :D And your dress is so beautiful!

20. WHorseTurtle

WHorseTurtle Member

Ew, marriage.

You got to be kidding me. I consider everyone my Beloved, not just one pre selected person.....

Namaste
    Rainbow :)