Your Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Ash_Freakstreet, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Christian wrast-lin. :D

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

1. death penalty for more than one 1st deg. murder conviction.
    2. Total equal rights for gays. ie: pensions, wills, marriage benefits, etc.
    3. being gay is normal, no different than being straight
    4. nudity is good, it is violence and hate that is bad
    5. the 50 000 kids that die daily are our fault, we could stop it but wont
    6. humans will pay for our vanity
    7. Pro abortion, but not late term.
    8. Pro euthanasia, right to die.
    9. all faiths are equally righteous
    10. Jesus didnt die on the cross
    11. He was married to Mary magdalene
    12. they had at least two sons
    13. Mary was black, and Jesus may well have been too
    14. John, the beloved disciple, was really a woman named Joanna
    15. The garden of eden, noahs ark, and 7 day week were adopted by the jews from the sumerians
    16. the accepted idea that Greece is the birthplace of civilization is a lie, cuz the ancient greeks themselves say they were taught in Egypt.
    17. the face on the sphinx is of an African
    18. the sphinx is 12 000 years old too, but the face was carved later
    19. modern technology could not duplicate the great pyramid, period, could not.
    20. there have been pan-global civilizations at least as advanced as ours before in the distant past
    21. there were humans in dinosaur days
    22. we will bring dinosaurs back
    23. the adam's rib story is a simplified record of the ET genetic engineering of us.
    24. we are part alien
    25. from mars
    26. the pyramids were built way before they say they were, like 10 000 BC
    27. the ice age story is a hoax, it was a global cataclysm, likely meteor
    28. the bering migration into America by Natives is a lie, they were here 10's of 1000's of yrs. before that.
    29. much of the cattle mutilations, ufo sightings, abductions etc. is a cover for gov't. experiments, disinformation and brainwashing spreads the alien alibi.
    30. we are headed for a big crash real soon, the Mayans were right
    31. it will be within a decade, and though very bad for a while, it is for the best
    32. humans are arrogant, and will not tame and subdue nature as surely as they assume, they will get stung.
    33. magic is real
    34. miracles do happen
    35. prayer does work
    36. there are spirits, and guardian angels, ghosts, guides, etc.
    37. the devil is a chickenshit, candyass, scaredycat, who is pissing himself hiding from me he is so gutless.
    38. people can see the future, I know cuz I have
    39. time is not linear, but simultaneous, the present is all there is
    40. if there is a god, ones religion doesnt mean fuck all to it.
    41. atheists are just as righteous as theists
    42. we can all be right, we all have different paths to follow
    43. astral travel, levitation, and telepathy are real
    44. animals are intelligent, feeling, caring, beings
    45. the earth is a living thing
    46. our lives are interfered with by our guides, to either save us from ourselves, or to inflict crises to teach us
    47. we cannot die before we are supposed to, even if we try
    48. it is all perfect, despite outward appearances of looking like we are a fungus that is killing the earth
    49. there is some kind of a purpose to this whole pantomime we call life
    50. we do not die, and there is no hell, spirit is eternal
    51. the entire material universe is temporary, transient, and therefore not real, but illusion
    52. the only reality is spirit
    53. you can will things to happen
    54. we have a .00001% chance of turning things around in time to avoid global catastrophe, which will cost billions of lives
    55. but that is okay, cuz we cannot make mistakes
    56. we are all forgiven, whether repentent or not
    57. people can seem evil, but they really are not, no matter how bad, they are victims themselves.
    58. Prisons will someday be no more. Love is all it will take.
    59. the goal of gov't is not to serve the people but to control them ever more tightly.
    60. taxes are not collected to pay for roads utilities etc., but just to remove power from the people. they can print all the money they want, and do so all the time.
    that is the end of chapter one of my unpopular opinions.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

That was a lotta things... but for some reason, I think I'll start with number 19...

modern technology couldn't duplicate a 500 foot triangle? How do 'ya figure? We could knock that out in two years, no prob.

4. BlackGuardXIII

okay, you win.
    I have only spent 20 years looking for a plausible logistical plan that would work, and have yet to see one. The more you get into the little details, the harder to do that it gets.
    Modern buildings are usually within 3 degrees of square, it is .015 degrees out of square, hundreds of times more difficult. each tier of blocks is a different height, and each block a different width. Why? It is earthquake proof
    the granite slab over the kings chamber is over 200 tons, and is 225 feet in the air. That is worth asking a crane operator about.
    2.3 million blocks cut to precision, all different sizes, if you were building it and dropped one block, it would cause a huge delay.
    I am very confident we cant do it, but lets say we could...........the text books say they had copper knives, and wooden wedges for tools.........lol
    they were pretty handy with those tools.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Listen, I'm not saying that its not impressive... Its really impressive.

And I'm not claiming to know anything about architecture...

but I am saying that we could recreate it.

Not with copper knives though... but we also don't have slave labor... when we get people to work more then 8 hours a day, they unionize and go on strike.

6. BlackGuardXIII

I hear ya, and like the thread title says 'unpopular opinion'

the sides are not flat but have a crease that runs down the center, one day a year you can see it, half in shadow, half in sun. It is exactly aligned to true north, and when it was opened in the 10th century it was perfectly clean, totally empty, and undisturbed, so it was not a tomb.
    just getting the levels level is a feat, since the bottom layers are built around a rock outcrop. The dimensions in Egyptian cubits reflect all kinds of neat things, like the circumference of the earth. If you really sincerely want to know for a fact that it could be built, research it, and bring me a viable plan.
    If you do, you will have done something I could not in 20 years.

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wow... this is getting really interesting. :D :D :D

8. Mish

Mish Member

33. Magic is real

I agree with that with all my heart, i have a friend who doesnt belive that magic is real because there is no 'scientific' way to prove it. The boy drives me insane! All he ever sees is what he can fit into his tiny little box. He is convinced that becasue we cannot rationally explain it, it must not be real. We couldn't ratioanlly explain alot of things, still can't and they have proved to be real. I think that perhaps people who refuse to believe, maybe they can't ever see it because they aren't open to it. It makes me sad to think that people might be denying themselves something wonderful alll because there is no formula to "convince" them it is real.

9. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Damn, that's a long list... :eek: These stood out, but I probably agree with most of them... :D

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

HAHAHA thats funny, i agree. Having read BlackGuardXIII i think it is even more amazing feet than i had realised .. but they, i don't think just built the pyramids correctly first time.. many many attempts for minor royalty were first built.. as confidence grew amongst established architects bigger and bigger attempts were made imho.. the age of them is i do think questionable but i think that goes with them all.. or is it the case that the bigger ones were made by a greater civilisations or aliens (whatever) and the smaller ones were attempts at copys ??

naggh your opinions are not unpopular with me (either of you)..

11. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Ok my unpopular opinions

1.This war was not all about oil
    2.Goverments that chose to go to iraq are not idiots
    3.Neo conservatism is demonised way to much.
    4.Their is no God
    5.All religeons should wind themselves down , and go away
    6.Global warming might be true, but it has nothing to do with us.. we did nothing to cause it

ok thats enough :rolleyes:

12. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I agree with 5, and with 6 sort of... :D And perhaps 4 as well... :rolleyes:

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I think it was mostly about oil...

and yet, I don't have a problem with that.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Oh, and I've thought number 4 since I was like 7...

I remember saying it at church when I was like 8.

Good thing we were unitarians... I mighta been skined alive.

15. Chris L

Chris L Member

I'm an 8th grader, and i know that pop music sucks. I think your giving us less credit than we deserve. Sure, alot of people in my class think today's pop music is the shit, but a good number, (2 or 3 of us :D) hate today's music.

16. Chris L

Chris L Member

Oh yeah, as for my unpopular opinion (among friends): That 9/11 was a set up, that the elections were a fraud, and, ill give one more out of plenty...that when somebody else gets hurt, its not funny...

8th graders are such dumb-fucks...

17. prism

prism :o

I have had a revelation. #1: A vast majority of 8th graders are inclined to listen to pop music (with an exception of 2 or 3 people:(). #2: I would rant about American Idol, but I can't find the words to describe how much it sucks. :(....:D #3: Alanis Morissette's voice is pretty. :eek:

18. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

19. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

that quoted weird.

20. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

#1 true. it was also about global domination
    #2 um, yes they are.
    #3 Neo-conservatism IS THE FUCKING DEVIL!!!
    #4 probably, but who knows?
    #5 right on!
    #6 probably true, but we have fucked up the environment pretty good.