Your Thoughts On The Election

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 13, 2004.

?

Who Would You Vote For President?

1. Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kerry

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Nadar

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I don't care

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. What's a "President"?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not an American

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Neither are good

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  8. ___________(other)

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

You can't vote for him in Oregon either, and he won the fight for Wisconsin but the Dems are trying to get him off. He does have the best views, or atleast I think so because they are what I supported before I knew that's what he was supporting. It sucks tho, he wont win. Not this year:(

2. mowilde

mowilde Member

you're right. but this isn't about electing nader president. it's about starting a movement and getting people to believe. you know how they did nader in 2000? "he can't win, you're just throwing away your vote." well, this year kerry can't win, so why throw away a vote on his sorry ass?

3. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

Ok. I'm french (duh-u all know that) and so, I have strictly NO IDEA of who Nader is. Could someone explain?

I don't think peopla should vote for someone becoz he has the most chances to win, but becoz they actually agree with his opinion. That's what voting is all about, so if voting is now useless...............why vote?

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Nader is a liberal president-elect representing the Reform party.

5. mowilde

mowilde Member

oh please orsino. and i suppose bush is really the legitimately elected president, and the congress preforms exactly as it was designed too, and the supreme court is protecting our life liberty and our pursuit of happiness.

ralph nader, will be named by history as one of the greatest americans to ever live. he is about putting the people back in charge of this country and ridding ourselves of corporatism once and for all.

he has more common sense policies than bush has dolla bills to back his dumb ass and kerry has ketchup packets stuck up his.

6. soulrebel51

I was watching Democracy Now earlier tonight, and there was a segment from an old interview of Dubya by that O'Riley guy...I found myself agreeing with Dubya. It was about immigration, and O'Riley is a racist little prick.

Anyways, even tho the latest polls dont really mean shit, I dont think Kerry has a chance. Dubya has yet to lose a debate in his political career, and in the debates from Kerry that I've downloaded, he's just not good. But the uneducated masses, they will all go onto the winner's side, and with this Swift Boats against Kerry crap and their "if you vote for Kerry you will die" horseshit, the uneducated masses are going to support Bush. These next 4 years should be fun :rolleyes:

7. Drifter

Drifter Member

this just in bush has a wire in his ear and is fed responses. all lies from that man all lies from all politicians. they should succumb to their guilt and kill themselves.

8. Orsino2

oh please orsino. and i suppose bush is really the legitimately elected president, and the congress preforms exactly as it was designed too, and the supreme court is protecting our life liberty and our pursuit of happiness. Nope, but there is such thing as organized government. At least that's what they're trying to call it. The only person protecting life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness is yourself.

ralph nader, will be named by history as one of the greatest americans to ever live. he is about putting the people back in charge of this country and ridding ourselves of corporatism once and for all. Easier said than done.

he has more common sense policies than bush has dolla bills to back his dumb ass and kerry has ketchup packets stuck up his. Indeed he does - that doesn't mean he'll be elected. I really trust nobody. But it's kind of to the point where if Bush, god (buddha,allah,krishna so on and so forth) forbid, won the election, I could actually think to myself "Yay... four more years then he's done for"

I tend to look on the bright side sometimes. But then again, I also feel like punching Bush in the face every once in a while.

9. mowilde

mowilde Member

well then yo. quit being confrontational with me and listen to what i'm sayin.

if kerry is done for and bush is a shoe in, what harm is there to start busting our asses to get people to vote nader? it's the only thing that makes any sense.

10. mowilde

mowilde Member

look. we need one solidarity vote. one time. how fucking hard can it be?

11. Orsino2

Maybe it's the fact that Nader isn't going to win even if you manage to drive an ice truck through hell and back. I don't know... maybe I just believe in reality.

12. mowilde

mowilde Member

and you think bush is reality? take a step back and look at this situation. john kerry is reality? billionaires are reality in a world where billions aren't even hundredaires or even tensaires? it's a joke. and kerry can't win this thing either now can he? you think they're spending all these dollars making it look like bush is running away so he can lose? not bloody likely.

i'm as much of a realist as you can get because i realize that there is no way in hell that you can keep an imaginary economy of bushit electronic funds flowing on and on forever ad nauseum til the sun super novas. the dollar bill ain't worth spit. these so called leaders are going down sooner or later anyway. i am just trying to help make it sooner.

a democrat in the whitehouse hasn't gotten us anywhere, nor is it gonna get us anywhere, and further more i already told you this ain't about winning.

why in the hell should anyone vote for someone they don't like who's gonna lose anyway? why vote for kerry? he's a loser. just ask fox news. may as well vote for someone who stands for something you believe in. kerry stands for himself and people like him. rich.

so please. for the sake of future argument, take john kery out of the running. i'm trying to get a concensus on a third party candidate that people would vote for, not argue about the other two baffoons. thanks for the laugh anyway.

13. soulrebel51

haha, i said nearly the exact same thing last night....im still not going to support kerry, hes not going to win, so if you apply the standards that were unfairly given to nader about "throwing your vote away" by voting for him, then the same should be applied to kerry. nobody's vote isnt heard, whoever wins the election will know that ralph had supporters...not that theyll do anything about it, but they will know.

Nader...or Camejo....in 2008!

14. mowilde

mowilde Member

yeah. wouldn't it be incredible if rock the vote actually did rock the vote? imagine if all the new voters coming in were so disgusted with the whole system that they all voted for nader. let's say 10 million votes. wouldn't that make you feel incredible?

i voted for nader in broward county florida in 2000. i campaigned for the man hard the whole way. and you know, when the shit hit the fan down there and we realized how much our votes had been worth it was the greatest feeling in the world. we influenced an election. 95,000 people changed history.

and we voted for nader because we believed that he was the best man for the job.

15. Orsino2

Ralph Nader is the most arrogant and narcissistic guy I've ever met. I had a meeting with him in the early nineties. I was jazzed going into the meeting, and I was disgusted leaving. I don't think I've ever met a bigger asshole. If he hadn't run in the last election we wouldn't be in Iraq and thousands of people wouldn't have died needlessly. And still he's well pleased to go in and be the spoiler again! Harry Truman said that the one crime more heinous than treason is war profiteering, and yet that our vice-president is still on retainer to - which is illegal - making a huge fortune. Every time the "terrorists" blow up another pipeline over there, Halliburton makes millions of dollars pasting it back together. They don't even have to be pumping oil to be making money. This is who owns our government now. Though I've never really endorsed a political candidate before, I'm going to have to this time. I liked the look in Kerry's eye when I met him. He looks like an aware human being and a guy with a sense of humor. So we're just going to have to hope and pray that the debates go well. - Bob Weir

Watch the debate tonight.

16. mowilde

mowilde Member

bob, buddy, you've either never met ralph nader or you just plain don't know what the fuck you're talking about. maybe you're a natural hater. i dunno. to sit there and dis a man that has dedicated his entire life to fighting corporate coruption is a little... well, stupid. at least ignorant.

and lemme make a little prediction. it doesn't matter how the debate goes because fox news will spin it until bush looks like a genius and kerry some flip floppin terraist loving hippie that can't even speak the english language. and the other networks will concur. they let fox call the election last time. they let fox try and crucify brokaw for some documents that were no doubt true no matter how authentic or not. dubya WAS awol. but who gives a shit cause fox says it ain't important.

but you wanna talk shit about nader, you're gonna have to deal with me and the truth.

you may be, MAY be right about iraq. but either way, bore or gush, the american oil companies are still calling a lot of shot's in dc. not to mention the defense contractors. money buys and sells war. and the money runs thru both parties.

peace

17. Orsino2

YEAH BABAY! I'M BOB WEIR!

18. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Wahooo!!! How many votes is that now?​

19. mowilde

mowilde Member

fuck! i missed my chance. i shoulda run tis year.

20. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

who's the other moron that voted "what's a president" ?

hehe, besides me, one of you has to fess up.