Your Thoughts On The Election

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 13, 2004.

?

Who Would You Vote For President?

1. Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kerry

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Nadar

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I don't care

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. What's a "President"?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not an American

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Neither are good

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  8. ___________(other)

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Compared to the worst of two evils, yes, I guess it makes sense.

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

im glad to see no one picked "i dont care"

if i could vote...weather kucinich is running or not i would still vote for him
    he is the best candidate ive ever heard of
    www.kucinich.us

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

i really think, that even without these voting machines that are going to throw the election, bush would win. hes got too much support....its scary. i think we are fucked[​IMG]

hey wonka, maybe well be in the same platoon in the middle east in a couple of years:rolleyes:

4. mowilde

mowilde Member

you know. i been thinkin that maybe bush winnin will push us towards anarchy that much quicker. they're destroying capitalism. the US government is shaky as hell too.

you know what kills me the most? all the shit they keep bringin up about bush but noone will talk about how they rigged the florida election in 2000.

and i still have this feeling that something unexpected is coming before nov 3.

5. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

I said it before and ill say it again, i swear they will "find osama" right before the election...

6. mowilde

mowilde Member

you're probably right about that. some poor sob look alike who's been brainwashed into believing he's osama and was actually behind 9/11.

and where the hell did they get a dna sample to match up with on the leader of some podunk third world nation? saddam just happen to have those records lying around?

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not even going to bother... you know who I support... but as far as I'm concerned, 9-11 was exagerrated and the pentagon crash never happened.... all of the tapes within the area of the pentagon were recovered by FBI and taken.

8. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

I'd vote John Lennon, but damn, he's British.

So Bob Dylan for president it is. ;)

9. soulrebel51

Anyone with a brain already knows this, George.

10. KottonKandyAfro

KottonKandyAfro Member

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of
    these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish
    it....
    -- Declaration of Independence

If I could I'd vote for Kerry because Bush sucks, on the other hand I think that Kucinich is the best. He needs to be President. For the most part I think that both George Bush and John Kerry are both jokes.

11. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

David Cobb is the Green Party candidate.
    I really encourage anyone who is going to be voting to consider ALL candidates. I'm not sure why the poll only listed the names of the democrat, republican and independent party candidates.

12. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

If I were american, I'd vote for Oprah

13. Orsino2

What I don't get is that Cobb is more conservative than Bush and he's running for green when Ralph Nader has switched over to Reform this election... it works either way though. Not too many people have been mentioning David Cobb... I've heard more on Kucinich than on cobb...

14. soulrebel51

hahaha thats great. If the draft is reinstated, I'm either going to jail or using the Constitution in the courts and I shouldn't get in any trouble at all. There is a part that says that the government cannot force its citizens to fight, but that didnt really help the Vietnam draftees so who knows. I don't plan on signing up for the selective service, I'm going to fight that shit.

15. soulrebel51

And my dad....i mean..guy that i live with who is 40....was in the army for 20 some odd years.

It all depends on who you consider the 'enemy'.

I'm glad I made one of my dads proud.

16. mowilde

mowilde Member

alright so, who the hell is all in this election? and what the fuck do they stand for?

i can't think of any reason for anyone under the age of 35 to vote for bush or kerry.

actually i don't know why anyone would but you do have the ignorance factor.

17. mowilde

mowilde Member

what the fuck? all you so called young hippies in here and none of you want to get political? i'll be damned. can't you all see that this is the year that we can seriously crack the armor of those who want to rule humans forever?

18. Orsino2

You know, there is such thing as an organized government.

19. mowilde

mowilde Member

unfortunately. and also such a thing as red wine, which i was flyin on before that last post. good one eh?

but seriously, has anyone seen a better candidate (who's still in it) than ralph nader? http://votenader.org/

he's on in thirty two states and is a legal write in in several others. so far you can only not vote for him in oklahoma, which apparently is not part of the land of the free.

20. soulrebel51

Most of the "hippies" in here don't know a thing about politics, or care for that matter. About what you're saying..I don't think thats going to happen this year. If Bush gets re-relected, then there might be a widescale rebellion sometime in the next 4 years, but who knows....unless you're talking about total anarchism, which imo is a stupid idea and most likely will never ever happen.