Your Thoughts On The Election

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 13, 2004.

?

Who Would You Vote For President?

1. Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kerry

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Nadar

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I don't care

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. What's a "President"?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not an American

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Neither are good

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  8. ___________(other)

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Orsino

Orsino Member

in the real dumbass thing, I was referring to george bush, I knew that wasn't very clear... lol, but we can face it, out of the two kerry is going to be the only one better than bush, and he is the only one who is at the level to beat bush... so let's not beat around the bush, let's beat the bush! :D

2. Cadenceflower

Cadenceflower Member

I would vote for Nader but I'd be throwing away my vote so i'd probably vote for Kerry just to get Bush out

3. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Haha, that is SO true! :D

4. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

Im just worried people wont be stupid enough to vote for Bush again...anythin but Bush...TAKE BUSH DOWN...

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I think that one big problem in our so called "Great Political System" is that our votes really don't count as much as we think. Gore recieved more votes that Bush in the election of 2000. However, it is Dubya that is our president now. It is kind of like the government is telling us our votes count but lieing to us. I say "our votes" in the sense of "America's votes", for I cannot vote.

Much Love :)
    -Peace :cool:

6. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

whoever the fuck legalizes marijuana has my vote.

7. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Yeah!!!

And everyone who says ohh well I am just going to vote for Kerry because the others won't win..is a sellout too! I have heard like 30 people say that. To think that every person who just voted for who they wanted to vote for regardless of what otehrs thought...maybe we could have a chance to change something. Continuing to fallow others and not listen to the real messages these nasty poloticians are giving us...you are only continuing the present state of the world and not progressing in peacefull change and world balance. The present state of the world does not need the kind of governing we are voting for with kerry or bush. It will only continue waht we have been doing for many years. It is time for change! When are people going to open their eyes and hearts to real change? Get off the fucking bandwagon people and see waht is happening here. The media is choosong your president for you as usual...if you want your vote to count think for yourself and fight back and take this country back and take peace back.

If you guys want to see a lecture of Daniel Sheehan speak about the New Paradigm and the new world order you will learn a lot abot the past history and how we became to this state in america and the world. Daniel P. Sheehan is working closely with the candidacy of Representative Dennis Kucinich for President. He has been invilved with knowing the ins and outs of this government for over 30 years and is a very reputeable man. I saw this lecture in grassvalley ca a year ago about...and we have a video of it. If anyone wants to see this I sware it will make you think. Just pm me.

8. Lizz

Lizz Member

If John Kerry wins the election, it will not be because people think he deserves to be president. It will be because people think George Bush does NOT deserve to be president. Hell, your neighbor Joe down the street could be the democratic nominee, and it wouldn't matter. People just want Bush out of office. But I don't agree with that fact, that people should vote for Kerry just because he's a democrat. I don't even like democrats, anyway.

If this were any other election, I would not be supporting Kerry--so why should I support him now? It makes no sense. I'm 14, I can't vote for another four years, but yeah, politics is something I really care about. I support Nader, too. Have for a long time.

And everyone's talking about Kucinich, but what about Howard Dean? He's who I always supported, since the beginning. It's a damn shame that the media turned him into something so different than he was, and inevitably caused him to lose the nomination. Seriously, Dean was like my last hope for the two party system. Like many others, after Dean dropped out, I went back to Nader.

I get made fun of alot in Humanities class though, everyone thinks I always quote Nader, which isn't true. But eh, it's not like they really care about politics or know who he is, really. It's kind of flattering in a twisted sort of way. Once a kid and I in journalism class started screaming at each other in the empty classroom about Nader and Kerry... good times, good times.

But God forbid John Edwards clench the vice president nomination.

Or even worse, John McCain. Kerry and McCain may feel similarly on war issues, but other than that, they're totally different. McCain is just any other Republican, albeit a Bush-hating one.

9. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

You could view it as selling out, or you could view it as being willing to compromise to bring about the desired change. Another example: U2's Bono generally has liberal ideas and he campaigns internationally to bring attention to such causes as AIDS and National Foreign Debt Relief. He is also very politically close to Bush. Why? Because (dispite what your opinions are on bono) he realizes that if you want to invoke change it is vital you be friendly with those in power. In other words, you will never help anything on a large scale if you refuse to cooperate with people who you may not entirely agree with. This is what's called the "real world," and it is how I personally justify my vote for Kerry.

-Kate

10. mowilde

mowilde Member

well, i did as much as i could last election to get people to vote for nader. and i was sittin in ft lauderdale florida right in the thick of things.

our nader votes in florida sealed gores fate. without us, gore woulda won hands down. even with the vote fraud and disenfranchisment by the republicans.

the hell of it is, they were both cheating. that's a given. it's just that the republicans stooped much lower by actually taking votes from registered voters.

i've been kickin this around since then. what we need is some sort of alternate vote that about 10 million people could agree on.

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

It's the lesser of two evils, people. You should know this by now. And like it or not, a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush. Shit, the rupublicans are funding him and campaigning for him. What does that tell you?

I'm a libertarian / independant. Kucinich is definitely my favorite this year. I voted for Nader last time, but this time there's too much at stake.

We libertarians, and really anyone else who dislikes all things evil, are just going to have to take one for the team this year.

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I would vote for him. (seriously)

13. mowilde

mowilde Member

why "take one for the team?" kerry's lost it already. we need one strong group of dissatisfied voters to do a write in campaign, or somehow convince them to vote for nader, or possibly the natural law candidate. we need to get together one large group and agree on one thing, then fuckin do it.

14. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I'm voting Cobb.

15. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I like Nader much better than anyone, I agree with him on all his views, but if I could vote it would be for Kerry.

16. mowilde

mowilde Member

so who's cobb, cara? now that you have our attention.

17. mowilde

mowilde Member

and soul rebel, why in the hell would you vote for kerry if you like ralph?

18. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

i was volunteering for the nader campaign in this little hick town, and then i heard on the radio that, in the state of wisconsin, bush has 52%, kerry has 48%, and nader had 4% of voters on their sides. kind of a lost cause. its pretty sad actually, in the last election he wasnt on the ballot in this many states, if only he had more funding. too bad kucinich couldnt have been the democratic candidate, that woulda been sweet.

19. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

First off, I'm not american. Second I would vote for Kerry just so Bush doesn't win...

And Kilgore TRout, the lessre of two evils...when it comes to running a country, you want the lesser of 2 evils doing it so.... ;)

Anyway, if the democrats don't win this one, I think, hell go for it, I know you want to, nominate Al Sharpton !!!!!!!he is the man for the job just do it!!! And if Bush does win, may god have mercy on ur souls, especially all yous americans... :H

20. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

I'm guessing it's quite annoying when non-Americans stick their noses into US politics, but it does kind of affect the rest of the world, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

No matter how annoying it is, the best way to vote against Bush is to vote for Kerry. It would've been much nicer to have been able to vote for Clinton, but she just doesn't get that she could and should be president.

I know Bill Clinton was a bit crap, but at least he made an effort to do some good (free health, e.g.). Bush's pro-life anti-gay crap is sickening.