Your thoughts on divorce.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by indescribability, May 28, 2007.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

When dont they?

I was never so happy to see her find a boyfriend, since he has arrived the need for her to bug me has become greatly reduced.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think that divorce is a bit too easy nowadays. In some cases - not every case - I think it's a cop-out excuse to not have to deal with anything, like it's just easier to break up and do something else rather than endure with the relationship.

I like the idea of being married to someone "till death" etc... that whole 'growing old together' mentality. Every relationship takes work, and granted that every relationship is different, I think that sticking it out through the hard times is what defines not only you as a person but the relationship you have with others...

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

After being married to the obviously wrong person I think I like the stay single till death do I part.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Most of the married people I've personally know who are my age or younger got married to obviously the wrong person. Love blinds people to what is otherwise obvious... I know this because it has happened to me as well. Just because I might make statements about something doesn't mean I'm immune to the pitfalls of it.

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Love makes you deaf, blind and loose all ability to reason!

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, sticking with someone through the bad is good if you're with the right person but I'm not with the right person. I'm with someone that is totally wrong for me and chances have been given but sometimes you gotta know when to give up and move on.

7. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

some peopel arent meant to be togheter. it takes them a while to see that. my parents married because my mom was pregnant. while theyre both great people, they suck for one antoher and they split up when i was 2 or 3. im veyr very very glad they did. id rather have split parents than be in a household filled with fighting. my mom also separated from my stepdad recently (married by common law, never by ceremony - they lived together for at least 2 years and so had to go through divorce steps when they were no longer working out). again, great people, not great for each other long term. farmer businessman vs hippie nerd, hmm

8. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

If the abuse wasn't there before the marriage, but came afterward, it obviously came from somewhere, and counseling should be sought to end the problem before the decision is made to end the divorce. Again, in life threatening or brutally, physically abusive situations this isn't the case, but if your wife smacks you, you don't run to the nearest divorce attorney. As for cheating. That's a no brainer. It's a dangerous world out there, sexually, these days, and you never know what you spouse might pick up from their affair. Cheating, I'll agree, is a zero tolerance issue.

Nobody forced them to. They chose to, and if kids are involved they need to suck it up, grow up, and work shit out. Compatible or not, they have an obligation to the children to do everything they can possibly think of to make things work out peacefully.

It's more than love at that point, if you ask me. It's not like those people hated or even strongly disliked each other for the last 30 years of their marriage. They knew compromise back then. Besides, by the time you're 80, you'd have to either be Heffner or lucky as fuck to find somebody that'll take you. Especially now that Ana Nichole has passed away.

My answer is still no.

9. indescribability

You tried.....for a long time. Yours is different than much of what I speak of. (Not ot say that that isn't the case for others) Yours isn't a story of, "We were in love so we got married six months later and divorced six months after that."

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Thanks. :) Yeah, mine is a case of trying over and over but having so many differences that both people remain misreble. It's just for the better for both people. At least there are no kids involved. :)

11. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

bs. if there are kids, they need to do whats best for the kids. and that isnt always staying together. i would rather have had the experiences i had, and had my stepfather in my life, than have my parents forced to lvie with one another and fight with one another daily. they have an obligation to do whats best for the kids, not ncessarily to stick together

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I see your point, and I agree... the couple should logically try to work it out.

I'm just supposing that couples that go for a divorce have already tried to work it out and didn't manage to.

When it comes to kids.... then I completely disagree with you. I think that most divorces are actually good for the kids. It might be a tad psychologically damaging, but it's much better than hate around the house, and having your parents constantly fight.

...and the ol' folk... it is nice to have someone by your side at 80, true... I guess... I myself would rather die alone.

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I think people should give there marriages a shot. But if things aren't working out, then theres only so much work that can be done. If two people aren't working out, then counseling or pretending like nothings wrong will only mask something.

And I'm not one who nessecarily belives children are better with a mother and father. I certainly don't believe all that crap people spout about marriage being the foundation of society.

Agriculture is the foundation of society. The whell is a foundation of society. Marriage is just something people do when they get tired of dating around.

14. indescribability

Are you fine folks having reading comprehension problems today, or what?

15. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

What kind of ammo do you suggest?

16. indescribability

buckshot.... not fatal, but a better chance of connecting.

17. indescribability

Children who are subject to divorce are:

A) 50% more likely to be divorced themselves
    B)7x as likely to be incarcerated both as a juvenile and an adult
    C)More prone to obesity as well as various mental problems.

18. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

One of my best friends is a victim of "I'm gay, but I thought if I got married and had a kid, it would go away..."

Guess what...gay doesn't go away...

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

People who base their lives on mass statistics should be used as floatation devices for Cuban refugees.

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Just BB guns. Both sides get behind trees, and work out who doesn't respect the other ones space.

I's going to write a book.