Your Ride

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by MindControlledShepple, Apr 5, 2014.

1. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Great choice, that's what I drive, a 2017 F-250. This thing is a beast that can go over or through anything. Also incredible towing power.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm more into the 70s and 80s look. :D just a big old boxy angry thing.

idahocowboy and Jo King like this.
  3. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

I have an old 1997 F-250 that has close to 200,000 miles on it and NEVER had a problem. Tune ups, oil change, tires, that's it. It runs great, I use it for hauling horses. My point being, they last and last even at an older age.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Take care of 'em and they'll last much longer.

idahocowboy likes this.
  5. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

You're absolutely right, it really has been an amazing truck. That is the main reason when I bought a new one I chose the Ford F-250. Now I have a nice one and a rugged well used one to handle the nasty jobs..LOL

6. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I just hit 100k on mine - i hope i get at least 100k more. do you have the hemi?

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Nice rig. They discontinued the Ranger here in the states. But it's cool to see that it still lives on in other parts of the world.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Its supposedly coming back...

Irminsul likes this.
  9. I selected mine because it's so generic nobody, especially oinkers, notices it. No matter how fast I'm driving.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It doesn't look like this now. I don't wash it, what's the point?

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Current rides:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.
  11. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Love your bikes. There's just something about ridin' bikes. Might take a quick "ice" ride before turkey day tomorrow.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Top Selling Ute Here In 2018......Out Sold The Toyota Hi-Lux......Every Time I See A White One

I Yell Out At The Top Of My Voice....."HI IRM"....Yes I Do Get Some Strange Looks..... :D

Cheers Glen.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

FB_IMG_1542845720721.jpg

Toyotas 4 life!
    I love this car

I also have a bicycle but i'm not going outside to take a picture of it so you'll just have to take my word for it

Jo King and tumbling.dice like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

cute :p

Meliai likes this.
  15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Ha, you have Michelin's. I just bought my first set.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I won't buy Michelin as they do the F1 tyres I think.
    I want to get bigger wheels for my Ranger as they're just standard but I think I also have to get the truck lifted for bigger wheels. Maybe not, but, if I can gain a few more inches on anyone else ill be happy hehe.

Everyone always stares at me as it is getting out of it like what's a girl doing driving a boys car. :p

17. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

I love Toyotas too. I just sold my 1994 Toyota 4x4 truck earlier this year, I just bought a 4Runner. The old truck had manual everything, so easy to work on, though seldom needed work. It didn't even have a name, Toyota called it 4x4 Truck DX, it was the year before the Tacoma. The buyer sent it, via ship, to Central America. I couldn't believe how many people wanted to buy it. It was a good one. P2270056.JPG

Meliai likes this.
  18. Had, I switched to Pirellis and have been much happier.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

How many miles are they good for?

20. I don't recall, they've been on it a while now. They're better in wet weather. I went with a taller and wider than stock tire, so on a really tight turn, like maneuvering out of a parking space, I get some rubbing against the plastic cowling, but it's only an annoyance. My commute has no freeway, so I needed to get around the smaller roads in something that handled well. And, there's a LOT of people in small towns who simply cannot drive. So I had drilled brake disks installed.

The car was a good deal and is the first turbo I've owned in many years (I got totally fucked by an Audi 5000T in the 80s). I don't care for a turbo with an automatic, the engine seems confused with it sometimes. I think I'm easing the pedal and suddenly it will wind up. Maybe if I had a proper boost gauge I could anticipate it. But oh well. At least it hauls ass when I floor it.