Your problems mean nothing...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Dec 29, 2004.

1. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

yeah ....were not arguing that it was a good thing people died or that we do not care that people are suffering in the world....and the fact that you consume more resources then they do .... be a good sport and do what dhs said .....take one for the team

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

so we're all cranky. so we all throw a little pity party sometimes. fuckit. while i don't think i've ever suffered any agony that could compare to many others, i don't think it would be fair for me to look at other people in the midst of incredible pain and say "we have nothing to bitch about, so stop complaining." pain IS relative, after all. i'm sure the agony of a child in this country who's lost a parent isn't really all that much different from the agony of a child across the world who's lost a parent. both deserve all the compassion and help we can give.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

well said, compassion and help is something loving, that is never okay to be withheld.

4. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

take one for the team eh? unlike those people that may not use up as much resources, i will actually have a future. Them staying alive would only prolong their pain and suffering. im not saying its good that thousands of children are parentless, or that thousands of parents are childless. does their existance help humanity? i doubt it. if our problems dont mean much, theirs mean even less. but then again im not against them, i dont hate them, its just true, maybe sad to some of you, but true that the humanity could lose alot of people. taking one for the team is just a fuckin insult. but for now we have enough people as is, those peoples deaths are probably going to cause even more burden on humanity with the recovery n whatnot. im not saying alot of people should die a horrible agonizing death, im just saying we could lose alot of people, and those people in misery should be some to go to put them out of their misery.

5. Boogie

Boogie Member

Haha, I must admit that was fucking hilarious.

6. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I don't agree with the premise that just because people elsewhere suffer some kind of pain and hardship, that you are not justified feeling upset about your own problems.

They say you are born alone, and you die alone. I think that in the same way, you suffer your own problems alone, and they are disassociated from anything else anyone else feels. Yes, if you are sitting right next to someone in a hospital emergency room and you have a broken finger and she has a broken pelvis, four cracked ribs, a broken arm and a compound femur fracture, you might take heart. Does it make your finger hurt less, though? Not a bit. It's all relative, maybe, but one does not lessen the other just by being worse.

So if I were to have my house burn down with my cat inside, and then crack up my car and lose my job all in the same week, would you say I should not be upset or wallow in a bit of self-pity, just because someone in Thailand lost his house, car, and a few relatives and friends? I say, who is anyone to judge anyone else's suffering? I wouldn't be a bad or selfish person to lament my own loss.

Just how would you determine WHO could feel bad for their troubles? Would a person have to first determine who in the world has the absolute worst troubles before feeling justified in feeling bad?? Technically, only the single person with the single worst life and troubles would be above feeling guilty for feeling bad about his lot. Now that just doesn't make sense.

-Jeffrey

7. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I just sent you a pm and then I read this. I think you are amazing. You have a super sense of humor and your heart is HUGE.

I have tears in my eyes. I've never heard anyone say what you just did about smiling after a death of a sibling. She must of been amazing too.

I am sorry for you and your Family's loss. You have a very healthy way of looking at the situation. I admire that.

8. dhs

dhs Senior Member

now I really think you should take one for the team. we have enough deranged sickos running around. who are you to judge that your 'future' is a greater asset to society than the futures of any of these people? who are you to say that they were all in misery? who are you to say that they are a greater burden on humanity than you are? with views like yours, perhaps you should change your name to irrelevant manspasm

9. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

That's all I try to do. I know you can't help everyone but you try to help the ones closest to you. (If you can) How can you feel for some people and not for others or judge who's problem is big and who's is not?
    I have no means right now to be nothing less then helpless. (I wish I had more to give.) A guy on here said that yet he felt that some people don't really have problems. (Not the people in Asia but here where you can reach them.) You can help the people ove there to you know. You don't even have to throw your money at it. You can donate blood, offer to go on a missions trip and help rebuild, or how about this one for size, you can put your two little hands together and pray for those people and others. I'm sure God would love to hear from you. ;)

10. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, it sucks, but when it comes to nature, she IS gonna have her way. and her way is death. if there weren't so many people being crammed into so small an area, the death toll would be lower. population control and all that. but that doesn't mean i'm not scraping the barrel in all my accounts to send some cash.

11. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

it is easy to see them in that light when they arent a bitter person or someone who doesnt complain...i had a brother, nathan, who was born mentally and physically retarded...couldnt hear, see, talk, or walk...just laid there really...but he had the prettiest blond hair, the most clear blue eyes and he would kick his legs and laugh all the time...mom used to tell us that angels were telling him jokes...he was so beautiful and brought joy to all of us...when he passed on we knew he was in a better place and we knew he forever lived in our hearts....
    i'm sure naykids sister didnt have the same conditions going on and was aware of her suffering, that makes her super aware and special..how lucky you were to have been touched by her!:)

12. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Thanx Marie, I never knew that about your brother--what a living lesson. Your mom must be a pretty special lady to have seen the miracle for what it was, and to teach you to do the same.

13. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I just saw this. Thanx peanuts.

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

right back at you....there are miracles everywhere..and in everything...its a matter of wearing the right eyes!
    so many times people think suffering causes pain....but once you can get past that....and you look for the rainbows...you can see and feel what beauty there is in all of it, the love, the miracles, the suffering, the heartaches.....

i am so sorry to hear that about your sister...what did she die from

15. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Marie that is a shame about your baby brother. You and your family must of been devasted.

These are the kinds of stories that leave me speechless.

No one really ever does know what the other has witnessed, experienced, or survived.

16. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I forgot to add Marie that I think you are a beautiful person. Your beauty shines inside and out.

Thank you for being YOU. :)

17. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

no that wasnt devastation...not in the least...actually i think things happen for a reason...my mother was in a car accident when my brother was 5....now she is braindamaged and we feel he was our preparation to both take care of her physically, cause it was very much the same, and also to learn unconditional love...
    i wouldnt change a thing:) just i cant wait to hug him and my mom in her wholeness again..

18. TenCentArcade

TenCentArcade Banned

Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Matt wins!