your period and you

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by ZePpeLinA, Oct 14, 2005.

1. earthfriend

earthfriend Member

2. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

I reckon my first time was during my period...

I think that's why it didn't hurt, like most girls say it does the first time.

3. purplemoonbeams

purplemoonbeams Member

Aside from the paralysing pain I get that makes me lose two days every month, it comforts me because it means my body is funtioning correctly and I can have kids (and I want a lot!).

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i dislike the pain and discomfort, i hate feeling unclean. but when it's all said and done, i feel cleaner after a good bleed than i did before. when i was on the pill my periods were very dry and kinda nasty. i hated that. i prefer to just get it all out with gusto. i feel freer and more healthy that way.

5. PrincessJewel

PrincessJewel Member

except for a couple times when i was dieting or stressing myself..i've always been on time and can calculate the exact day when it comes. which is convenient for me to be able to plan around it and what not.
    i do like the fact that i know im not pregnant when it comes and think its kinda nifty how i can know how my body will react to certain situations and just how my period is in general. its so predictable and really i think it reflects a lot on a woman's personality, maybe. i may be wrong. obviously it reflects on how you eat. im vegetarian and so mine is pretty light and lasts about 3 or 4 days. also if you don't eat a lot of sugar the cramping is practically nonexistant. so if you have really bad cramping that may reflect on a woman with a sweet tooth eheh.
    anywho...its not so bad if you take care of yourself. just try to limit your stress, your intake of sugar, and eat right,and your period should be a breeze...just a cleansing for your body as mentioned before, and sign of no babies!

6. squeaky.surrealist

squeaky.surrealist Member

i hated it:( but i havent had my periods since august end set beging..and now im scared.. what do i do!!!
    im in a mess.

7. trippyfish

trippyfish Member

i have mine right now ...and it ends HALLOWEEN NIGHT....and my friend has it too lol (catgirl) gahhhhhhhhhhh i hate my period its soooooooooo flippin EVILLLLLLLLL gah but it means your not gonna have a baby (trippy)so what your not sleepin' with him any way...mine doesn't bother me (catgirl) but i wanted to last night but noooooooooo evilness attacks and gahhhh *attacks nick* you dumbass why did you get into trouble i wanted to do danny!!!!!!(trippy)like you would sleep with him i would sleep with nick before you sleep with danny and i'm not even "dating"him and your with danny and you haven't even made out yet and you guys have be together for like a month(catgirl) ya well i would have done it last night with danny!!!!!!!!!! and gahhhhhhhhhh feeling soooooooooo horneyyyyyyyyy (trippy)*steals nicks pants* happy fishy.....nick pantless.ahhhh*monelike*(catgirl)i want my play thingy *meow* kay thats enogh ranting for the time being.......(trippy)aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...moan

8. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

You're a beautiful person.

9. BeOna

BeOna Member

Here's some general infor for the ladies. Jade n' Pearl makes a great all natural sea sponge tampon. Also try this tea for cramps. Equal parts of Motherwort,cramp bark, nettles, and sage. I drink 1/4 cup every 15 min at the onset of cramps, and they're usually gone after the first few cups.

10. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

When I first started ragging, I didn't really mind it... it was just.. THERE.

Now, I get the WORST WORST WORST cramps EVER. It sucks so hardcore, so yeah, i lose almost 3 days a month too... and my period ALWAYS seems to come on the day of a party or a festival or something... It's so not cool.

But I have an AWFULLY cooperative boyfriend who gives me back massages, buys me Vicoden, gives me all the ice cream and chocolate products I want, and doesn't mind when I start crying for no reason. So I am lucky in that aspect. I can talk to him about anything, and doesn't mind fucking me when I am super horny and ragging. It seems that I get horny more intensely when I am menstrating... Does that happen to anyone else?

11. Keramptha

Keramptha Senior Member

it feels like a release...like im a woman. and beuaitful living creature

12. superwoman

superwoman Member

Alicia Bonnet wrote:

Aloha sisters,
    some of us may be near ending the lifetime of menstrual bleeding but this is your chance to pass this on to the younger goddesses.. malama pono wahine's

READ ON......
    Nurses and ordinary heath professionals (who I got this from) are taking this into their own hands and good on them I say! It is very well documented: Both boxes I had in the house contain polyester, polyethylene rayon.

Check the labels of the sanitary pads or tampons that you are going to buy the next time and see whether you spot any of the familiar signs stated in this email. No wonder so many women in the world suffer from cervical cancer and womb tumours. Have you heard that tampon makers include asbestos in tampons? Why would they do this?

Because asbestos makes you bleed more, if you bleed more, you're going to need to use more. Why isn't this against the law since asbestos is so dangerous? Because the powers that be, in all their wisdom (not), did not consider tampons as being ingested and, therefore, did not consider them illegal or dangerous. This month's Essence magazine mentions 2 manufacturers of a cotton tampon alternative. The companies are: Organic Essentials 1-800-765-6491 and Terra Femme @ 1-800-755-0212.

A woman getting her Ph.D. at University of Colorado sent the following: "I am writing this because women are not being informed about the dangers of something most of us use: Tampons. I am taking a class this month and I have been learning a lot about biology and women, including feminine hygiene.

Recently we have learned that tampons are actually dangerous (for other reasons than TSS). After learning about this in our class, most of the females wound up feeling angry and upset with the tampon industry, and I for one, am going to do something about it. To start, I want to inform everyone I can, and email is the fastest way that know how.

HERE IS THE SCOOP: Tampons contain two things that are potentially harmful: Rayon (for absorbency), and dioxin (a chemical used in bleaching).

The tampon industry is convinced that we, as women, need bleached white products in order to view the product as pure and clean. The problem here is that the dioxin, can lead to very harmful problems for a woman.

Dioxin is potentially carcinogenic (cancer-associated) and is toxic to the immune and reproductive systems. It has also been linked to endometriosis and lower sperm counts for men. For both sexes, it breaks down the immune system.

Last September, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reported that there really is no "acceptable" level of exposure to dioxin given that it is cumulative and slow to disintegrate. The real danger comes from repeated contact (Karen Couppert "Pulling the Plug on the Tampon Industry"). I'd say using about 4-5 tampons a day, five days month, for 38 years is "repeated contact", wouldn't you? Rayon contributes to the danger of tampons and dioxin because it is a highly absorbent substance.
    Therefore, when fibres from the tampons are left behind in the vagina (as usually occurs), it creates a breeding ground for the dioxin. It also stays in a lot longer than it would with just cotton tampons. This is also the reason why TSS (toxic shock syndrome) occurs.

WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES? Using feminine hygiene products that aren't bleached and that are all cotton. Other feminine hygiene products pads/napkins) contain dioxin as well, but they are not nearly as dangerous.

So, what can you do if you can't give up using tampons? Use tampons that are made from 100% UNBLEACHED cotton.

Unfortunately, there are very few companies that make these safe tampons. They are usually only found in health food stores. Countries all over the world (Sweden, Germany, British Columbia,etc.) have demanded a switch to this safer tampon, while the US has decided to keep us in the dark about it.

In 1989, activists in England mounted a campaign against chlorine bleaching. Six weeks and 50,000 letters later, the makers of sanitary products switched to oxygen bleaching (one of the green methods available) (MS magazine, May/June 1995).

WHAT TO DO NOW: Tell people. Everyone. Inform them. We are being manipulated by this industry and the government, let's do something about it! Please write to the companies: Tampax (Tambrands); Playtex; O.B.; Kotex. All the 1800 numbers are listed on the boxes.
    Let them know that we demand a safe product: ALL COTTON UNBLEACHED TAMPONS.

13. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Haha I usually get really horney during my period but that thought of having sex during is disgusting. lol but one time I was so horny the whole time and we couldn't wait for it to stop. So the first day I noticed I wasn't bleeding we went at it... and it turns out I was still bleeding. haha it was so disgusting, blood all over the bed all over him and me. I was so grossed out, but he didn't seem to care much. he's like "well whatever I would have exploded if we had to wait any longer" and he washed his sheets and I jumped in the shower. I thought it was a funny story..

I'm usually really grumpy and tired when I'm on my rag.

14. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

Thanks for passing that on, Superwoman