your period and you

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by ZePpeLinA, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

Yes, I'm with rubytuesday on this one too. I feel uncomfortable talking about it to most anyone, male or female, and most anyone probably feels uncomfortable at my mentioning it.

This is entirely off-topic, but why is the background for this forum pink? Is it because it's Women's Issues? I'm female, and I can't stand the colour pink.

2. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

I'm still trying to figure out the Love and Sex forum backgrounds. :D

3. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

I feel the same way about them as you do Zeppelina. When I have my period I totally honour it, and I'll look out for what the moons doing at that time and treat it as a time of deep connection. Pain is very good at grounding and connecting us to our bodies. I also highly regard it as a deeply feminine time for me, and I like to sink into the wisdom of Woman during these days. In fact, I have my period right now, and I'm spending this weekend at a meditation retreat exploring the landscape of the compassionate heart, which, I feel, is the perfect time to do such a thing.

Namaste

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

sorry, i wasnt trying to sound bitchy but i come off that way sometimes :D

5. happykoala

happykoala Member

i wouldn't hate my period if it didn't hurt so much. I was cramping all weekend, and then I spent all math class today wimpering and then an hour in the nurses office crying with a heat pack on my stomach.

6. JiFFyBaByFLYaWaY

JiFFyBaByFLYaWaY Member

lately my period has been a disappointment cuz it means im not pregnant :( lol but usually its no big thing. I dont cramp bad or anything so its not a big deal.

7. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

Meh. It's there. It hurts. I deal. I'm sure it beats menopause.

8. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

Do you want to get pregnant? So young....

9. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

OMG sex on my period feels sooooo good. I can't believe you gals won't do it. It isn't messy if that is what you think. At least it never has been for me. Then again my periods are really light. Aside from the cramps (which my boyfriend usually gives me a back rub for) I don't mind it. I mean it doesn't keep me from doing anything really. And I agree with the original post it makes me realize that everything is working properly and reminds me that I'm a woman. :)

I wouldn't like to be on any type of medicine or birth control that makes it go away. I was on Depo before and I hated not having my period.

10. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

I take back everything I said about not getting cramps. :( They have arrived... Must have spoke too soon..:confused: :(

11. roly

roly Senior Member

i hate mine atm ....as it aint coming....its a bit late and im a little worried as to why...theres no chance of pregnancy....but can anyone help me out with suggestions as to why?

12. Polyester

Polyester Member

Can't say i'm overly thrilled when i get my period. Cramping, heavy flow, and bulky, bunched up, baby diaper like pads bulging out at the crotch area of my pants or summer shorts. For me i could easily go without a period.

13. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

sometimes it's like that, there are many things that can make our periods late or dissapear..if you havent had it yet and you defintely know you are not pregnant, it might be because you are stressed out, or you've been taking new medicines, or you started doing more physical activity, changed your diet, put on/lose weight or you've been travelling.
    If this is the first time that it's late for no apparent reason, i wouldnt worry too much, but if its something that happens constantly (i see you're 18, you should always get your period at this stage) i advise you see a doctor. I was very irregular since i started at 11 til i was about 16/17. I was worried because there would be times when i wouldnt get my period for months...i had blood tests and nothing wrong came up. i attribute this to my heavy smoking at the time and my poor diet (=hormonal imbalance probably) anyway, now it's all ok.

14. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I absolutely LOATHE my period....

15. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

My ovaries can kiss my ass, and if I wasnt going to have to go through early menopause, I would have a total hysterectomy.

16. roly

roly Senior Member

thanks zeppelina.....:)

17. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

LOL, first of all, I love the title of this thread...it reminds me of the ridiculous videos we had to watch in health when we were going through puberty... "Your Period and You" "Ovulation and You" "Hormones and You" hehehe...

ANYWAY...

I don't ENJOY having my period... no... It's pretty difficult to enjoy when you get them as severe as I do [which, I know some of you do...]

HOWEVER... I also don't completely despise it either, because I agree...it means I'm healthy, and functioning correctly. If I were to miss a period, say, even if I was NOT sexually active, I would be more distraught having missed my period, than actually getting it every month... Because, that would mean something was probably not right with me. Either that I was under more stress than my body could handle, I'm not eating or exercising right, or that I'm sick... And, I'd much prefer having my period, than being unhealthy in any of those senses.

I don't enjoy though:
    1. Bleeding through my pants every night when I sleep... I can NOT seem to get over night pads to work for me, I still bleed through on the side or something, and I always wake up a bloody mess.
    2. The symptoms. Cramps, weight gain/bloat, crabbiness...
    3. More on the symptoms I get SO tired, that it literally affects my daily life, in a bad way. I can't seem to make it work on time or anything, because my body does not want to wake up when I'm menstruating...I just sleep and sleep and sleep, and can't seem to get enough of it, or wake up when I must.

I DO enjoy:
    1. knowing that I'm healthy
    2. knowing that I'm not unexpectedly pregant.
    3. BEING a woman. Sometimes the cramps get so bad, I say I'd rather be a man at that time of the month, but in reality... I'm so glad I'm a woman.

I feel divine :D

18. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Side note:
    I'd also rather have my period than go through menopause. I've talked to a few of my elders who had nice, light, easy periods, and HELL going through menopause.

I'll stick to my period thank you... [yeah right, as if I have a choice...har har.]

19. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

I noticed you posted a thread about the diva cup... Have you tried leaving that in while you sleep? Even if you bleed heavy enuf to overflow it during the night, that would cut down on the amount for your pad to catch...

I've never tried the disposable overnight pads. For overnights when I'm still bleeding heavy, I just use a thick washcloth folded up like a pad (so generally into fourths longwise). I've got 3-4 washcloths designated as pads... They seem not to leak around the sides as much as the disposable pads I've used and are less irritating on the skin. But, ignore me if you bleed so heavily you'd soak through the washcloth in a couple of hours!

20. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Thank you Dawn, for your tips...

I do have the Diva Cup, and although it's NOT linked to TSS I'm still paranoid, and I don't like to wear it at night. Not to mention, by the end of the day I like to give my female parts some air :p