Your Parents are (were) Hippies

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Spud, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Gniknus

Gniknus Member

They don't understand...

2. GreenQueen87

GreenQueen87 Member

Neither one, in any sense of the word.

3. caliente

caliente Senior Member

My parents weren't "officially" hippies, but they embraced a lot of the hippie philosophy. Which may not sound like much until you realize that my father was a career military officer and my mother was an elementary school principal.

4. Ganjabeliever

Ganjabeliever Advanced Knowledge

Most hippies grew out of it so you may be positive your parents were NOT hippies yet they actually were. HOWEVER.... it all depends on your definition of 'hippy'. Like they had long hair, went to woodstock, dropped acid, smoked pot, fought for civil rights, make love not war, fought for eviormental protection... all of they above or just some of them? my mom and dad were born in 1957 and did drugs and listened to hippy music. whats your definition of a hippy?

5. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

nope my parents are straight laced if that makes sense

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Nope, my dad was an annoying jock wannabe and my mom was an annoying cheerleader wannabe. Now my brother is an annoying jock wannabe and I am...a cynical asshole who likes the hippie fashion, peace signs, and smoking pot. I don't feel those qualify me as a hippie, I'm really too big of a douchebag to be a hippie. And I'm not self-righteous enough either.

7. Ganjabeliever

Ganjabeliever Advanced Knowledge

I like that. Respect. Stay real bro. Some people pose as hippies I hate that. You dont TRY to be a hippy. You just ARE.

8. Stonerstan

Stonerstan Member

my parents are former hippies
    lol they stopped with the hippie stuff because they were worried that they may influence me to become a drug addict some day.. (lol lol.... well i turned out to be a stoner so i guess their plans failed ....heh heh

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Me = Born in 1960,
    Mum 1934,
    Dad 1920
    So though I don’t fall into this ‘age’ category I can only say:-
    I was brought up to have conviction of conscience, sensitivity and tolerance of others, though to be mine self be true and defend the rights of those oppressed and of those people less fortunate. The beauty of Nature, importance of respect, compassion and strength of character. These standards and values I pass onto my children (and Grand Daughter) along with the promotion of this credo to others around me – It’s how I roll
    :)

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Loved It.....:2thumbsup:.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

11. Serena03

Serena03 Member

My dad was the one that went to Woodstock, but he is the antithesis of a hippie. My mother, who is even remotely close, simply refers to herself as merely a stoner. I think she would still qualify, she is quite the free spirit since she's been single.

12. _Bob_

_Bob_ Una Tana Bibi

My parents were basically horrified (especially my mother) that I was a hippie-they were anything but hippies

13. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

My mother was/is. She was a flower child. I'm a free love child of the 60s.. meaning I have no idea who my father is lol