Your opinion on shinks, please

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by bourne1978, Jun 13, 2018.

1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

In your opinion, which makes for the better shrink?

The psychologist, the psychiatrist, or the psychotherapist?

Plus, what is the worst label to date you can be labeled by any of them?

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Psychiatrists are the ones most likely to label you. 'Anti-social personality disorder' is one you really don't want to be saddled with. 'Paranoid schizophrenia' is also a scary one for the general public. Psychiatrists are really just good for dishing out medication. Psychologists will just psychologize you. But they can be good for focused based work on specific problems and cognitive behavioural therapy.

If you feel you really want to explore your issues on a deep level I would recommend a psychotherapist. They won't label you and should have broad knowledge of all the dynamic impulses and complexes of the mind. Sessions are confidential and you can talk about anything.

3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Totally depends on the nature of your problems, for many people talking therapy with a therapist is all that's needed, for others medication (so a psychiatrist) is pretty much vital to get things moving.

As for labels, I agree with GED + bipolar & borderline also have very negative connotations.

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Psychiatrists are often jerks. Brief and just hand out meds like candy.

If you want to talk to someone instead and let out all your problems, then you see a therapist/psychologist. They will listen,or pretend to. They will also pretend to be on your side of things but probably judge you in your head and notes.

I was on good terms with my therapist and she would text me... Talk about my day, she would see how I am. Others I've known have labeled them "the rapist" though. Not sure because they charge a lot of money,or other reasons.

I've never seen a psychotherapist.

5. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

You could always talk to me.. download (13).jpeg

hotwater and Orison like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i was kind of wondering what a shink was. somewhere between a shank and skunk?
    figured it had to be spell fail of something.
    oh, you meant pshrinques.

i think a lot of people who are attracted to studying it, are motivated to do so by problems they've discovered in themselves.
    of course this doesn't invalidate the science, because the way science works is to reduce the influence of any one's preconceptions,
    by means of massive peer review.

i'm a bit more interested in the science of social psychology, because it studies how we statistically, by how we each act,
    create for each other the kind of world we each then individually have to experience.

being able to organize how your own head is arranged is useful,
    but i've always felt personal psychology to a lot like that proverbial guy with a hammer,
    to whom everything looks like a nail,
    the hammer in this case being the idea of our perceptions beginning and ending with our emotions.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol,

Shink.

rollingalong and Orison like this.
  8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Since you posted this thread, I have glanced at the title periodically and wondered what a shink is--I even looked it up on Urban Dictionary. I never thought to actually click on the thread to find out until right now.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

HAHAHA that's great and exactly what happened with me.

Except for the urban dictionary portion. Didn't care quite enough to look it up.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Shinks are assholes

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I actually mis-read it as "shrink"

Ged likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

It's a smaller version of a prison shank

rollingalong likes this.
  13. I had a psychotherapist once who talked to me about another guy she analyzed and called him crazy. According to her, he did say he was the gatekeeper to Hell, though.

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I didn't think they could...do that. Seems highly unethical as well as unprofessional

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well gatekeeper to hell does sound like the kind of job that would make pretty much anyone crazy.

16. Yeah I didn't really want a therapist who talked about their patients with other people for obvious reasons, too. I also just didn't want one. I don't find it helpful at all to have someone to talk to. Especially when it's their job. It's not like they go out of their way to care as a matter of friendship, you know? They're doing it 'cause it pays.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Would be an easy job though, cant imagine many people trying to get into hell.

Its probably some fat security guard sitting on a chair with earphones watching instagram videos all day.

That giy that was in those Mall Cop movies

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Why would she hate video games because some...

Fuck it. I know that wasn't the point.

Anyway, if I play this later I'll take a peek at the horse balls.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The male fantasy is horse balls?

Lol.