Your Most Memorable Barefoot Experience is when...??

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bfeetboy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No Offence Mate, But Why Are You Subjecting Us To This Very

Same Post For The Third Time In 12 Months...:confused:....:confused:....:confused:....:confused:

Cheers Glen.

2. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

It looks like a copy-paste job from somewhere..maybe they're think it's some kind of awesome post :confused:

3. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Well the thread is called most memorable barefoot experience....isn't it?

4. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

That user handle is similar to several others I've seen, and they always say South Africa... obviously the same person perhaps getting banned and then posting to a different account with a similar name or something.

5. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Too true, tho I tend to do that in the car in the parking garage regardless of temp.......lol

6. experiperson

experiperson Guest

There was one time when I decided to go into a retail store to buy flip flops with the implication that I didn't need a bag for my purchase -- I went into the store barefoot! I asked the cashier behind the counter where the flip flops were located, and she pointed in the aisle in front of her. I found my exact foot size (without trying them on). As I was walking back up to the cashier, I noticed that she glanced down at my bare feet and was trying to restrain her laughter over the fact that I was barefoot. When I got up to her, another customer came up to the cash register. She looked at me, saw the flip flops in my hand along with the fact that I was barefoot, and burst out into hysterical laughter. She said, "Well, that's an interesting way to purchase flip flops!" The cashier caught onto my implication (I didn't need a bag). The customer behind me kept giggling as she looked at my bare feet. Just for her, I wiggled my toes.

7. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

i dont k now if i would call this the most "memorable" but i was at Wal-Mart today with my mom and we were in the electronics section and in this particular Wal-Mart the electronics isle was in the middle if the store and i was looking at dvd's and somebody walked up to me and goes..."I noticed you from the back of the freezer section and i had to come over and se if what i was seeing was real!! (talking about my feet)...aprrently barefet really glow thourghout Wal-Mart or something lol

8. goodearth

goodearth Member

Could it have been a way to get to know you?

9. .....I'm doing it.

(no, not THAT!)

BarefootedBoy and Iloveme like this.
  10. Kieran.maan

Kieran.maan Guest

One night me and a friend decided out of the blue to grab our sleeping bags, some food and a means to make fire, and ofcourse our smoking gear and walk to see where we ended up, on the way we Did Have boots on but after finding a cave, and setting camp we got rid of our shoes and had an ace time listening to reggae, skanking out! The next day we made our 14 mile tailback bare foot, it was going great, we decided to stop for a cheeky smoke and the top of this beautiful crag, as my mate took off his pack he dropped one of his boots..... We heard them hit the bottom a short while after, looked at each other both took a toke, laughed and went 'well that decided that, come on bro' and just carried on walking and laughing! We still love this story now! :)

11. Prewitt

Prewitt Guest

When I first started barefooting, I used to wear Birkenstock sandals just to get around. I would slip them on and off constantly under the desks or tables. A lot of time at the library I would leave them under a table and just roam around in my bare feet. I used to get so comfortable that I would sometimes leave them in the library and be half way out the door before I would remember to go back for them. One night I had been talking with a girl off and on during research for a paper. Long story short, I was leaving that night and forgot my sandals. I went back to get them and they were gone. I went to the librarian and she pulled them from behind her desk. The girl had turned them in. Inside one shoe she had written 'think you lost something. We should get something to eat.' She had written her number in the other shoe.

2 people like this.
  12. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Im in the school band and went to play at basketball game and my socks were wet, so I spent the whole time barefoot, my shoes were still wet after, so I went out to my car in the snow and cold barefoot.

13. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

My most memorable barefoot experience had to be my first time. It was a warm summer day and I was that kid who wore shoes and socks everywhere. Spent the day hanging with friends and then went home for lunch. I thought I would take it easy for a bit in the house, so I untied my sneakers and slipped them off, something I didn't do often. That felt a little more comfortable. Then, I looked down at my socked feet, which suddenly felt very warm and I didn't like it. I quickly took off my socks! That little burst of air felt SO good and I wiggled my toes. I suddenly wanted to go back outside, where I stayed until dark. I went barefoot all summer, despite the protests of my parents. Only place I wore shoes was to church.

Antony14 likes this.
  14. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

Maybe the first time I walked barefoot in the wood. It was one of those moments where I just decided I wanted to feel the ground. I did it without contemplating how weird it might be.

1 person likes this.
  15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I traveled to Ft Bragg, CA a year or so ago.
    The main thing they are known for, other than a tourist train, is Glass Beach, where decades of trash dumped into their small bay has been pounded and tumbled by the Pacific.
    The result is a beach with a layer of sand and topped with gravel made of tumbled glass.

The day I was up, it was grey and cold, actually a typical Lost Coast California day. I hiked down in my hiking boots, as there's recent trash, and sharp broken shells, too, and my attention was split between footing, photos and fighting with my partner.

Once down, I took the boots off.
    It was astounding. We don't ever think we are willingly going to walk on broken glass. And that's what this was, despite dull edges.
    The training to not do this was so strong.
    But I walked out anyway. My goodness, dry glass pebbles are colder than wet stone pebbles!
    I walked around for about an hour in this tiny cove (with lots of people, that's what made me leave), on "broken glass."

It wasn't until I was leaving, and putting the boots back on, that I realized, I was on a California beach and I was the only one without shoes.
    Even in England, on cold sand, I wasn't the sole barefooter. We were few, but I wasn't alone.

16. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

My most memorable experience barefoot was when I was in high school still. During the summer, I went to BC, Victoria by ferry. I was really excited and I just decided not to take my shoes with me at all.

I just got my backpack, clothes and some anklets for my bare feet. I was abit nervous and shy as I stepped out and way from my house, walked to the bus stop and got on the bus. Some people were looking a me. I guess they thought it was strange for someone being barefoot to the ferry. A couple did say "Nice shoes" tho. Which I said, "Best I ever have". After 3 hours on the ferry, my soles already were jet black but I didnt mind of course. Was barefoot there for a few good weeks.

BarefootedBoy and GLENGLEN like this.
  17. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

There are many barefoot experiences that I've continued to enjoy over the years, from wandering around supermarkets, receiving looks of bewilderment from other shoppers, to spending the day barefoot when visiting cities such as York (love the cool, cobbled streets of the Shambles). If anyone asks why I'm in my bare feet, I simply explain that I'm a barefoot runner, so progressive toughening of the soles is necessary.

However, my endearing favourite is to return home work and immediately free my feet from formal footwear and the socks that cover them, before treating them to a two minute blast of cold water from the shower head. As the water runs over them, I curl, wriggle and splay my toes to help re-awaken the muscles, before patting them dry and proceeding to roll my soles over the spiky massage aid that I own, something that invigorates as much as it tickles (yes it does make me giggle).

Satisfied that I've revived my feet sufficiently, I change into my running gear and head out the door in my bare feet, allowing my soles to experience a myriad of surfaces and textures, from concrete, tarmac and softer surfaces, such as grass or sand. Even on nights that I don't run, I'll still treat my feet to two minute blast of cold water in summer months (warm water in winter), as I love the feeling of reviving and re-wakening the muscles and nerve endings, thus, allowing any tension held to be removed.

18. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I used to party crash. I would do this because I would be able to get free food, I didn't have to dress up because I didn't know anyone that I needed to please, and I never got invited to parties, so next best thing was to crash them.

Anyways,

I remember walking home after crashing a party, and I remember my feet really hurting. So, I took off my shoes and I walked barefooted the rest of the way home. The events of the party were not memorable. I actually was really sad while walking home, because like I said I never get invited to parties. Well, that's a lie. I do get invited, but I never go. But, I was sad because I never go to parties and I don't have friends. I can make friends. I just suck at keeping them. Because I don't talk to them enough, I don't go to things they invite me to, or we have some huge falling out because they treat me differently due to my looks, and I get very upset by that. Point is, I was feeling down. You know one of those, "feeling empty and alone in a crowded room' type of moments.

But, when I took my shoes off and was walking home barefooted... it felt really nice. It was like 6AM. So, the ground was slightly chilled because it was a crisp summer morning. With every step I felt that chill. I was walking on the sidewalk, not grass or anything like that. Even though, I had those feelings, and I still have them... I felt good being alone. At that moment I felt at peace being alone.

I was just walking... looking down at my little feet. Nothing happened. I was alone. I just was feeling the sidewalk beneath my feet.

That was memorable.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  19. Antony14

Antony14 Members

And why did you take them off then if hadn't done before?

20. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

I just wanted to. I admired kids who went barefoot.

Barefoot-boy likes this.