Your latest vinyl record purchase thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cleansedreality, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I also have Rush 2112 on vinyl,which is saying something because I only have about 15 pieces of vinyl.

2. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

I cannot even describe the excitement I experienced yesterday when an friend came to my house with a crate of record he found in the GARBAGE. I own hundreds of albums but these particular ones were actually albums I could never get my hands on. They were the cream of the crop, 8 Tull (with pop up album jackets), 10 Neil- books included, Queen, Stones, Beatles, The Dead, Marshall Tucker, Skynyrd, Little Feat, CSNY, Marshall Tucker, Floyd....I mean, there were so many my head is spinning and I can't recall what all was there, I just remember that after every album I flipped through I said...OH MY GOD! Amazing that people throw this stuff out

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's insane... Any record owner knows you could catch at least a few dollars for that at a second hand shop and for sure make somebody else happy eventually. They could have gone to waste if your friend didn't find them...

4. creampie00

That is what I thought too, the one Beatles album is worth $65.00 and I've got over 150 records to sort through yet. People just dont realize the worth of some of these things, they regard it as trash and think it does nothing but clutter their house. These albums, each and everyone, is in pristine condition. So glad my friend decided to jump into a dumpster and save them! There seemed to be a ton of Elvis Costello records, I don't know if those are worth anything or not. ??

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Unbelievable. Even though Elvis Costello records aren't worth anything to me personally I am sure they are worth something to somebody else and you definately can make something out of it because of that ;) :)

6. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

awesome find creampie! I would love to get my hands on a treasure like that and happily spend a few days washing them...I might even consider buying an Okki Nokki record cleaning machine if they are valuable records.

btw,you can check Discogs for the value of the records.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Elvis+Costello

7. creampie00

Thanks! I was so happy he saved them from being damaged and sent to live with smelly garbage. Now there are some I really wont listen to, like Eliis Costello (I don't get the hype), Billy Joel, Pretenders, Whitney Houston...things like that, some other 80's stuff too, but I think even those are worth some money if sold to the right person. I really don't even want to make money, I just wanted to save them. And YES, it IS unbelievable, what a treasure trove!

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes maybe not but here is pink floyd's 1973 album remastered in 2011!!

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON: www.amazon.com/dp/B00536OCZA

I AM GLAD TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL OF THIS ALBUM!!

9. Johnni K.

Johnni K. Member

The Queers: Back to the Basement! I bought it on my birthday last month

[​IMG]

10. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Thom Yorke's side project

[​IMG]

11. Dude111

I just got these today!

1) Air supply - Lost in love
    2) Rush - Moving Pictures
    3) REO Speedwagon - Wheels are turnin' (I also have this cassette and i love every song)
    4) Chicago - 17
    5) A 45 - Journey (Both songs excellent (Seperate ways and Frontiers (First time I heard this song)))
    6) A 45 - Phil Collins (Both Songs excellent (I cannot believe its true (1st time i heard this song) and Against all Odds (Oh my lord does it sound nice on this 45!! (I also have this song on an album of collected songs from that movie "Against all odds" but it sounds much better on the 45!!))))

All are the original pressings :)

12. creampie00

Wow, I remember those songs as a kid, that brought back memories of when MTV used to play VIDEOS!!
    To all- as I was searching my new found bounty of records, I came across an almost new album from the Spin Doctors, I personally think they suck but the album is pristine and it is green and see through, do you think it could be worth anything. this is one I'd definitely sell.

13. Dude111

I last got Pablo Cruise - Worlds away :)

EDIT:

I got four 45s today :)

1) Stevie B - Same song on both sides - "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" -- One is the radio version which i havent ever cared for.... (Its somewhat shorter) -- I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED THIS SONG IN ANALOGUE!!

2) Genisis - "I'd rather be you" and "In too deep" (I also have these on the LP and tape (Invisible touch))

3) Genisis - "In the glow of the night (Part 1)" and "Tonight,tonight,tonight" (I also have this on the LP and tape ('Invisible touch'))

4) Mr Mister - "Uniform of youth" and "Broken Wings" (I have these on the tape also ('Welcome to the real world'))

14. Dude111

I last got a 45: The Beatles -- BOTH SONGS EXCELLENT! (Hey Jude and Revolution)

15. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I bought a few from a record collector friend the other day.

Electric Light Orchestra's Greatest Hits - Evil Woman sounds amazing on vinyl.

Asia's debut album. One of my favorite eighties albums. The cover is so awesome, I might just frame it and hang it on the wall in my music room.

A single - Sniff N' The Tears's Driver's Seat. One of the best one hit wonders ever. The b-side, a song called Slide Away is really good, too.

16. Dude111

I got these today :)

1) Barry Manillow - If i should love again
    2) Micheal Jackson - Thriller

And several 45s:

1) Beastie Boys ('Fight for your right to party' and 'Paul Revere')
    2) Micheal Bolton ('Time love and tenderness' and 'Thats what love is all about')
    3) Elvis - ('Dont be cruel' and 'Hound Dog')
    4) Elvis - ('All shook up' and 'Thats when your heartaches begin')
    5) The Steve Miller Band ('Abracadabra' and 'Baby wanna dance')

All are the original pressings!!!

17. creampie00

Latest one is Jethro Tull- Songs from the Wood...

"1) Stevie B - Same song on both sides - "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" -- One is the radio version which i havent ever cared for"- wow I havent heard that song since high school

18. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I just got a sealed copy of Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night. I'd be tempted to open it if I didn't already have the album on CD.

I also just got a copy of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping from a thrift store, but it's scratched up all to hell and barely plays. Very unfortunate.

19. Dude111

It sounds BETTER on the record though,GO AHEAD AND OPEN IT BUD!! (You will be glad ya did)

Anyway,

I got 2 records today!

Frank Sanatra's greatest hits and a collection of "Great popular vocalists" (Nat King Cole,Judy Garland,Nancy Wilson,Glen Campbell,Dean Martin,Peggy Lee Sander and Young,Lou Rawls,Al Martino and Mel Torme) - Quite good!

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Interesting picks, Dude.