your fucking dog does not want to go on tour..or to the gathering..

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by drumminmama, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I hope you are kidding. Children are human they use spoken language, they learn all though life, they, eventually are able to have control (well, most of them) which makes it possible to not have to watch them to protect them fron danger constantly. Most of them don't bite all that much when angry. I've never had a child pee on one of my tents.

A child can be held while young (a positive way of restraining them) and hold your hand to stay out of danger when older (yet an other form of not only restrant but comfort and safety.) I have also seen toddlers on perfectly safe and welcomed wrist or body harnesses, which are usually reserved for children who have a hard times staying near mama. It is better than one of these babies getting killed by a car, or kidnapped, so yes, there are child leashes, especially when a child may be one who isn't able to listen (I have a freind with a toddler with a hearing impairment, and one with a baby with Down's, neither can follow commands when they are not looking directly AT you, so a harness has saved both of these children's lives many times.) or one who tends to run.

Now, I don't know any dogs who speak a language with specificity, (although I did have a Malamute who could say "I rove rue!") or one who can hold your hand. Dogs are lovely creatures. But, they are not humans, they should be protected in ways which are appropriate to their needs and abilities.

JMO. From the trenches of parenting and dog freindship.

2. free2fly

free2fly Members

A couple of very responsible, loving-looking dog owners were walking their dogs -leashed, of course- on the trail going by our tentsite. I just happened to be behind the tent as I heard them mumbling something to each other, and then the woman walking the dog, let the dog stop right there, and take a crap. And then ... she walked on as if nothing happened. Didnt bother to kick some leaves or dirt on it to kill the smell, didnt give a damn that our tent was right there.... didnt take the responsibility for THEIR dog. Before I could step out from behind the tent with a shovel to walk behind them to cover up THEIR dogs mound of shit, there were already flies swarming over it. Thats how bad it smelled.

Gee ....thanks, wonderful loving responsible pet owners, for gracing us with the presence of your lovely animals. BUT if you cant take a moment to cover your dogs shit, leave your dogs at home.

:)

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

...amen.

4. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

I 2'nd That amen

5. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

how bout the festival provide free muzzles to all dog owners and requirer them to make the dogs wear them? That way they can do all hte butt sniffin they want without getting all snappy over who has the better butt smell?

6. Jstone

Jstone Member

Would the muzzles require permits? Just a joke..
    The butt sniffin thing would make a great Sinfeild episode. I am no comedian either.
    Peace

7. Jstone

Jstone Member

Good Luck and Good bye in your quest for peace. ... Leave you with all your judgments and assumptions. Seems the journey continues as I don't understand your path of peace .. Leavin with my belly button attatched.
    Hope you figure out the dog thing and hope you understand what you creat with your hate.
    I Love and respect those true to Rainbow. Keep Loving the world needs you.
    Still love ya.. Peace

Sunshine