Your First Nude in Public Experience?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by PhotoDude, Jun 21, 2013.

1. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Yes, once you've learned to get naked and be at ease with it, it's a real downer to have to put clothes back on. It just feels so unnecessary, against what is natural, and a bit ridiculous. Almost like "society" and "decency" are having a laugh at your expense. The rare occasion when I am forced to put shoes on feels even worse.

1 person likes this.
  2. NISKUNUDIST

NISKUNUDIST Member

Went to Wreck Beach in BC many years ago. Been a nudist ever since ! Back then, almost 100% went nude, not like now.

3. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

One of the first times for me was when at 11 years of age I streaked down the road we lived in , several cars hooted as they drove by it was such a rush and have been doing naked risky dares ever since the rush is better than any drug.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  4. Jetpilots67

Jetpilots67 Members

My first nude in public experience was 12years ago now. I had just met my future husband who was born into a nudist family so I guess I knew what was on the cards. He took me to a beach not far from his home in Folkestone UK there were others nude on the beach mostly men....some had obviously been nudists for a long time as they were brown as berries. He stood me up and undressed me till i was naked...so there I was nude and the centre of some attention....it was scary and exciting...made me walk around a bit showing off

Great

Joe90 and Taff70 like this.
  5. Shale

Shale ~

My first nude in public experience was at the Atlanta Pop Festival in July 1970. It was, (from what I can tell of the Movie Woodstock, which took place a year earlier, a very similar happening) with young counter-culture ppl throwing off the old proprieties and embracing body freedom, whether having sex casually or casually being naked.

I was in the country swimming hole with hundreds of other men, women & children enjoying body freedom for the first time.

[​IMG]

Then I got away from the communal stuff and didn't rediscover nudism until around 1984 when I joined a local nudist club, South Florida Free Beaches, with a bunch of Hippie types from the old school working to secure a nude beach. They finally did in 1991 at Haulover Park, where I frequently go now.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

How does one overcome self consciousness about their body?

7. Shale

Shale ~

Just Do It!

I tell ppl to not think about taking off your clothes in front of others but just do it.

It helps to surround yourself with like-minded ppl. I first got comfortable with casual nudity in communes where ppl changed clothes or bathed in front of others. Then when seeing all the ppl in the swim hole at the pop fest, I just jumped in with them.

Later in the '80s I took an art class drawing from nude live models. Decided I could do that as an extra job so signed up with the art schools. Luckily I fell in with the local nudists and went to a couple of their events where we were all nude together because that is different than being the only naked person in an art class with all the clothed ppl studying your body closely.

So, the mixed nude experience made me more confident and I soon became the confident one in the art classes because not all the artists were comfortable drawing from a nude male. I think my matter-of-fact comfort with being naked put them at ease as if it WAS ONLY NATURAL.

3 people like this.
  8. hueyflyer

hueyflyer Members

My first "nude in public" experience was on the beaches of Saint Maarten/Saint Martin! We spent over a week exploring the various beaches around the island. Our first stop was Cupecoy Beach. Most of the beach goers were naked although this wasn't an "official" nude beach . Our second stop was on the beach at Baie Ronge, another unofficial clothing optional beach. There were few people here and most wore bathing suits but we stayed naked!
    Finally making our way around the island to the official clothing optional beach at Orient Bay. There we were befriended by a guest of Club Orient and spent most of our time on the Club O beach!

9. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

"how long did it take to get comfortable"?

I didn't "get comfortable", I was pre-comfortable.

I'm neither extroverted nor a particularly bold or strongly confident guy, but I've never had a problem being naked in front of anyone, if they have no objection and are open to it.

As everyone here says, just do it.
    Really, it'll be OK.

Ask your girlfriend to try it on the condition that if she is truly not comfortable after two or three hours you'll agree to leave and return home for a shower then go out for a pleasant meal at her favorite restaurant.

You will see that in the right setting it's one of the most pleasant ways a human being can pass time in this life. Just do it!

10. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Members

I just took my time getting used to it. I'd go to nudist clubs/nude beaches, but get undressed away from everybody. When I felt comfortable, I'd return to where people were. It's a little like getting used to cool water when you swim: you just need to give yourself some time.

I was worried when I was going into middle school that I'd be the subject of teasing if I took my clothes off to shower. Looking back, I've never been made uncomfortable about my nude body in my entire life. And, except for my early pre-teens, I never saw anybody else. I think a lot of these patterns get set in childhood and we don't revisit.

We're all naked under our clothes and everybody feels vulnerable nude. But, that's what's nice about it. People are much more open when they don't have clothes to hide behind.

11. Nudebob

Nudebob Members

My first time was when I was seven. We joined several families in the sand dunes outside of town for some dune buggy riding and a picnic. It was all really informal. We followed friends of my parents so we didn't get lost on the dirt roads out into the desert. There were half a dozen families there that day and I thought riding dune buggies was the greatest thing. When we got there, our friends started to undress and I just followed suit.

12. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Members

I think there's something to be said for sensitivity.

1 person likes this.
  13. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I think we're all naturally very nervous to begin with as until the first time in such an environment, society teaches us it's "wrong" to be naked. It only took me two or three visits to a naturist beach before I was perfectly comfortable. I now go to a sun club which is clothing-optional. On party nights the vast majority are clothed as people like to dress up. I'm now perfectly comfortable being naked amongst clothed people. I never thought I'd say that years ago when I first shyly ventured onto the nudist beach. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

June 4th, I am going to my first nudist event. I am going to be a little nervous.

1 person likes this.
  15. Danee

Danee Member

Where to?

1 person likes this.
  16. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Elkridge gym and yoga facility.

17. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I think that this year may be the 30th anniversary of my first sauna. The benefits I have had especially in the winter are considerable. Winter is no longer a form of mental prison whereby Spring is seen as a release date. Winger holidays where a sauna can be taken are important.

18. rogerfederrer

rogerfederrer Members

Ran bare naked across a college football field during a game, leaped a fence and ran to my girlfriend's car waiting for me. As I climbed the fence, a security person chasing me came inches away from grabbing my bare feet as I climbed the fence. Didn't get caught though. Ha. Ha.

19. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I use to tan naked a lot at the beach but it was away from people and up on the rocks, people could see if they had binoculars lol.
    Burning your nipples is not fun, actually burning anything is not fun, now I stay out of the sun. I would be a glowing white body at a nudist camp amongst all those dark brown tanned bodies. I'd stand out like a sore thumb! Lol

I also went skinny dipping a few times with some girlfriends but again, no one was around. It's was very cold! (Ocean in Canada, brrrrr)

Scarecrow13 and JPN2 like this.
  20. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

A few years ago, myself and my flat mate dared each other to do ever more naked things. The one who did the most daring won, each having to do the same thing until someone chickened out.

In order...
    1. Get undressed in front of the window
    2. Put the bins out naked
    3. Order a takeaway to be delivered and answer the door naked
    4. Walk to the end of the road naked at night
    5. Drive through naked from the waist down
    6. Drive to a friends house in the nude and knock on their door nude - I did this at night and I won and my mates girlfriend answered the door, oops